OT - The weird Thing about the internet

Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

OT - The weird Thing about the internet

So I have been reading what you guys have been posting for the past couple of months and getting to know you all. But the weird Thing, of course, about the internet is its anonymity. So I don't know what any of you look like or sound like. But I find everyone here so interesting - you are all like wise, inspiring superheroes and so I have kind of put images of you all in my head. And before you ask, maybe I do watch a bit too much tv....

AVRT - you remind me of Patrick Jane from the mentalist. wise, mysterious, full of information and knowledge and yet I know you must have a wicked streak of humor in you. Or maybe Yoda.

Soberlicious - I see you as Nikita, or Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or maybe Vanessa from Phineas and Ferb (yes, she is a cartoon but a smart, streetwise one!) and I hope I never make you angry!

wpainterw - I'm thinking Sam Elliot or maybe a John Wayne type

HuskyPup, for you I feel more of an old school poet-y type of vibe. Maybe Shelley or Lord Byron.

Elvis - i am thinking your avatar is actually you, so that gives me a face, but from your user name and your writing I know you are also super funny and smart and I get more of a musician feel from you. For some reason Leonard Cohen pops into my head.

Dee - if you pop in here, I see you as Master Splinter from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - taking care of us here in the big, radiated underground lair.

So how off am I? close? yes? apparently I have too much time on my hands this evening.

This was all just for fun and I hope I haven't offended anyone! This is a work in progress!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you been drinking?? Haha Just kidding!

You have a vivid imagination!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cute!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Cerberus
So how off am I? close? yes? apparently I have too much time on my hands this evening.
You seem to spend your free time very creatively.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
Have you been drinking?? Haha Just kidding!
yeah, i get that a lot - stuff comes out of my head or my mouth and people just find it weird.

really just trying to have some fun. but I do find it odd to be chatting with people, sometimes giving and receiving very personal information and really not knowing a thing about them. Making up a character for them helps
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great imagination Good for you
Old 09-15-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Hi Cerebus, Lord Byron, that does seem apt, not to mention flattering...wish I had the money and castle to match! Emotionally, I may be more like Baudelaire, though I do have a lighter side, to be sure, and love cartoons, old comic books, and such.

Funny, I have similar thoughts, often, and sometimes people are flattered, other times confused, and other times a bit insulted. But, well, I try to be honest, and am very prone to saying whatever pops into my head.

I would be a bad politician.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

It was definitely meant to be flattering, Huskypup - I do enjoy reading your posts. You always come through as honest and genuine.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Cerberus...LOL I do this too...so funny Funny thing is...I never usually think about someone's gender when reading their posts. Unless there is something identifying ("I'm a mom", "I'm a dad") I never even think about it LOL and when I get around to thinking about it I usually can't decide.

Nikita...LOL...well, if that means I can kick butt in a pair of black patent leather peeptoes, then yes. I am a sort of "live free or die" person.

I am a bit of a "pot stirrer", but not to be antagonistic, rather I am intrigued by what makes people tick. But at the same time, I am very accepting of others viewpoints. I value interaction in many forms.

and I hope I never make you angry!
It actually takes alot to p*ss me off...and it's usually about a percieved injustice against someone vulnerable. Otherwise, I just don't take stuff personally.

What about you? What character(s) would you liken yourself to, cerberus?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post

Nikita...LOL...well, if that means I can kick butt in a pair of black patent leather peeptoes, then yes. I am a sort of "live free or die" person.
I think I was pretty close then!

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post

What about you? What character(s) would you liken yourself to, cerberus?
I have been thinking about who I am like...my hubby (who is so Macgyver) and I were talking about this last night. Today I asked what he thought and he said a cross between Dana Scully and Willow Rosenberg (from Buffy). which is pretty funny 'cause that's what I came up with myself. He also says I have a touch of Ally McBeal but I never actually watched that show so I don't know about that but he says it's a good part so I will accept that
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
LOL...anyone even remotely macgyverish is cool in my book. He chose some strong, smart characters for you...he must think very highly of you.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Thank you! He is pretty awesome. He knows me better than anyone and I was duly impressed with his choices as well.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

The funny thing is that I am so strange sober thAt people probably think I'm on something now...whereas I drank to bury the part of methat was different.

Your husband sounds pretty cool.

Supercrew is definitely a superhero mixed with a self help guru...maybe a young Wayne Dwyer and Captain America

Zencat must be his picture which always reminds me of the Cheshire cat
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ha! I've discovered that Murray is in fact a Hobbit!!!!! He lives in the woods right out of a Tolkein novel and he runs around barefoot!!!! I think he talks about food a lot too....lol
Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post

Supercrew is definitely a superhero mixed with a self help guru...maybe a young Wayne Dwyer and Captain America

Good ones! I was trying to figure out Zencat and that is perfect. I am loving Captain Dwyer!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by LaFemme
"`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
LOL. I used to hide from myself in active addiction. Having my pic visible reminds me, I found myself.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Cerberus,

I do have a twisted sense of humor, but you know how recovery boards are. Everyone is so hyper-sensitive, can't be too careful. :-)

As for my lack of personal disclosure, that comes from experience in a certain recovery group, where your "shares" can and will be used against you. I am always extremely cautious around people in recovery. Force of habit.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by AVRT View Post
Cerberus,

I do have a twisted sense of humor, (Knew it!) but you know how recovery boards are. Everyone is so hyper-sensitive, can't be too careful. :-)

As for my lack of personal disclosure, that comes from experience in a certain recovery group, where your "shares" can and will be used against you. I am always extremely cautious around people in recovery. Force of habit.
I certainly believe that caution is extremely prudent. I am generally cautious, some say to a fault, about sharing any important information with people. I like people, a lot, except when I don't.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
[indent]"[I]`

LOL. I used to hide from myself in active addiction. Having my pic visible reminds me, I found myself.
This is a very good idea! I think symbols are very important. It also says, to me, that you are pretty happy with the self you found.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Love the quote ZC!

I think symbols are important to. Which is why I choose LaFemme...from the French "Cherchez la femme"...look for the woman...it means that woman are the root of All problems but for me it is about finding the woman I am supposed to be. The image is a photoshopped photo of me at like 3 months sober and it reminds me of one of my favorite poems...Invictus.

Out of the night that covers me: black as the pitch from pole to pole: I thank whatever Gods may be, for my unconquerable soul.