OT - The weird Thing about the internet

Old 09-17-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

LaFemme, the Henley quote is absolutely perfect. It has been stuck in my head since I read it here. and I love your picture!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cerbeus...your avatar is at complete odds with your screen name...it throws me off every time I see the two together!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I kinda wonder sometimes about the anonymity of SR (and any other forum similar). I wonder if I might have done better with face-to-face meetings? Maybe not had so many times I used "just one last time." But... it still worked, and I'm not convinced face-to-face meetings would have made me feel more responsible about quitting. Even at a face-to-face meeting I wouldn't know any of those people, and wouldn't feel I owed them something. This is a standard I set for myself and other people be damned, it's not their life, it's not their recovery. Wanting to please other people, wanting to be liked, was part of the reason I started doing dope. So wanting to blend in with another crowd almost felt like I wouldn't be changing much, just sweeping the problem under the carpet where it would wait for me. I needed a place to discuss, not people to be responsible to.

And then a strange thing happened: even though I didn't really come here to fit into another group... I kinda felt like I did.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks LaFemme! Super hero?? I guess my avatar might have influenced that a little. I'm probably a little more like a mix between Tony Robbins and Larry David, (Curb your enthusiasm). I am an overthinker who can be very motivational, yet I am an argumentative realist at times.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Cerbeus...your avatar is at complete odds with your screen name...it throws me off every time I see the two together!
Sometimes I think I have a split personality
Old 09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I am an overthinker who can be very motivational, yet I am an argumentative realist at times.
LOL me too supercrew, exactly...only I do it in heels...
Old 09-20-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Soberlicious...does that make you Wonder Woman?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
LOL LaFemme...I like to think so! The truth is, most of the time I just tend to be "a legend in my own mind" hahaaa