Keep Coming Back :-)

Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Keep Coming Back :-)

Yep...I am back on the wagon after falling off last week . In other words, I swilled (drank) beer. Not a good thing but, not enough to keep me out there in brew land, because I still have my addiction treatment plan in place.

So there it is, Ive made some changes in my world view to have a greater inclusion of spiritual views. I'm still have a secular treatment plan, as it has made the most difference in all the recovery attempts over the past 13 or so years. I just see more now than before.

Anywho, thanks for reading...still love my secular peeps that keep this forum alive with inspiration. You guys rock.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

i am in A.A. zen and am about half way through the steps (on 6) i hit my bottom very hard and have made slow steady progress over the last 4 + years now. i don't believe the big book has All the answers.. however, the program has helped me greatly and my life is currently 100% better than it was in 2006' i admire and respect sobriety. no matter what anyone else says.. there is more than one way to skin a cat!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your courage! Hang Tough. We're all behind you, GOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't be hard on yourself Zencat. Show courage, take responsibility and follow the advice in luckedog's signature above!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Zencat. Can I ask what the trigger was? not to be nosey and if you don't want to share no problemo but I find the more stories I hear the more it seems to help me
Old 04-02-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Zen, don't fall into the trap of beating up on yourself to the point where you create self-hatred. It's OK to sit yourself down and have a tough love conversation with yourself but beating up on yourself only creates an emotional environment to go and use again. At least that is what I have learned from my own experience.

And to me, secular doesn't mean that anything and everything spiritual is to be excluded, it just means belief in a god is not a requirement for sobriety.

Thank you for sharing about your slip.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're back on track!:ghug3
Old 04-02-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Thanks everyone. I'm no stranger to being in dual-diagnosis treatment...so I know the drill. Its onward and forward with sobriety.

Originally Posted by azureseas View Post
Can I ask what the trigger was?
Sure, I have a paraphilia that developed in childhood and then latter on in life became intertwined with my drug addiction. I been trying to separate the two lately but had an oops-a-daisy with the alcohol. So the trigger was working to act on the paraphilia (being kinky so to speak) w/o using alcohol. I'll have plenty to discuss with my therapist next appointment .
Old 04-02-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Zen, glad you pulled yourself back onto the wagon
Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

ZC sounds like you have a pretty matter-of-fact response to a minor relapse. That seems healthy to me. I don't see how remorse helps much at all. I do appreciate you trusting us enough to tell us.

Good luck, take care of yourself, and let us know if we can help.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs Zen! Thanks for sharing that takes tremendous courage. You know I'm one of those God loving secularists so its all good in my opinion.

Xoxo, Jesus loves you

LaFemme