A Thought for myself

Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

that's cool you enjoy kids birthdays!
oh yes, the dog park, I often have great conversations with people there
there is a web site called meetup.com, its not for dating, but for people with the same interests. I haven't used it but a friend said its pretty cool way to do something you enjoy with other people, and who knows who you might meet there
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have joined some meetup groups but never make it to their events will look into it again...thanks!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So I do a lot of self help reaading...and lately have been seeing a lot of stuff about letting go of the negative stuff in our past to make room for good stuff in the future. For example If you were fat and lost a ton of weight you would get rid of your fat clothes and fat photos.

I am trying to decide how I want to apply this to my alcohol problem. Yes the house is cleared of booze and its remnants...but the single strongest tie I have to my drinking problem is SR. On one hand I have already scaled back...on the other hand I sometimes feel like I am moving to eventually leaving SR. On the flip side I want to be able to offer hope to others that we do get better but for me to fully get better I might leave SR completely. But there are people I would miss were I to leave.

No decision right now...the earliest I will change anything is the one year mark...just thinking here