SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   I will not drink/drug today because...(Pt.2) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/209121-i-will-not-drink-drug-today-because-pt-2-a.html)

LaFemme 10-05-2010 06:15 PM

Despite the fact that I have to attend a cocktail party at the top of the empire state building for work...because I might as well jump off the damn thing if i r drink again! Did you know the windows on the 75th floor actually open?!?!?!

duggy 10-06-2010 05:14 AM

I will not drink today because I like how I feel and I don't want to go back to that place

recycle 10-06-2010 06:54 AM

...because meditation this morning has me feeling more mellow and content than chemicals ever did. Positively blissed out.

It does not happen often for me, nor is it the point of meditation, but I rode the cosmic choo-choo this morning. What a luxurious feeling to take some time for yourself so completely, that you did not even have to think thoughts.

LaFemme 10-06-2010 08:28 AM

Awesome recycle!!! I will not drink despite having a dream last night that I was at a party and everyone was pressuring me to drink....yikes!

Zencat 10-09-2010 08:54 AM

...because I have grand plans in having the ability to walk in a straight line today.

gneiss 10-09-2010 03:55 PM

... because I have cilantro pesto instead.

LeanaJo 10-09-2010 04:29 PM

I will not drink today because:

1. I love my A.A. friends (those are true friends, in my book) and never want to give that up for the world!

2. There will not be anything talked bad about me anymore (no more gossip/rumors about me).

3. I want to have a great, happy, harmonious relationship with my husband (he loves me more when I'm sober).

4. I love myself more and more everyday that I don't go to a bar and drink again.

5. I get more compliments each day I stay sober (most have said my complexion and hair is looking much more healthier and prettier). WOOOHOOO!!! :c018:

LaFemme 10-09-2010 06:09 PM

Because I am sleeping in my newly decorated bedroom...which I never would have fixed up if I was still drinking!

Zencat 10-11-2010 09:19 AM

...because I plan on having some clear cognition's today.

least 10-11-2010 11:15 AM

I will not drink today because I'm now a happy non-drinker!:)

gneiss 10-11-2010 05:20 PM

... because I have better ways of dealing with stress. Oh, and because I have a midterm tomorrow and drinking sure won't help my grade.

LaFemme 10-11-2010 08:19 PM

Because...because....because....darn I forgot what the question was...too busy living an awesome sober life:-)

Bellerophon 10-11-2010 08:57 PM

I won't drink today, or tomorrow, because I love my children, and I want to live for my wife and them...and God.

I won't drink today because alcohol is a poisonous.

gneiss 10-12-2010 07:55 PM

... even though I want some tonight. I've been fine for a long time, never wanted beer or drugs. Today... it's about all I can do to keep from heading to the store.

LaFemme 10-12-2010 08:17 PM

Stay strong gneiss! It will pass...pm me if you need someone to talk to:-)

I will be sober tomorrow despite the bottles of red wine in the office for the company lunch and the fact that I am a little apprehensive about what the bosses are going to say when I say "no thanks!":-(

gneiss 10-12-2010 10:11 PM

Thanks, LaFemme. Just a stressful day, I guess. Interview, work, a midterm exam worth 40% of my grade, my thesis adviser is in the hospital and earlier today I guess it was sorta iffy whether he might be ok but he seems to be doing better now, and to top it off one of my friends has sort of mysteriously vanished. He was supposedly clean and sober for a while, but I know he's at least been drinking again. Now he's not answering phone calls, not returning emails, f@cebook messages, texts, etc, for about a week which is unusual for him. Judging from his girlfriend's FB nothing too serious has happened, and I just talked to his sister and she didn't even mention him at all. I don't want to ask because I don't know what the situation is. Maybe he's just busy, but I worry about him. I know when he drinks he's likely to use drugs, but his girlfriend doesn't seem to realize it, she believes all his lies (I tried to tell her once. Predictably that was a mistake. I'm the bad guy now). So I'm in a precarious position of knowing he does drugs but not being able to tell anyone in his family because it will backfire on me anyway.

So.. yeah. Stressed out.

I won't drink or drug today because it won't make the stress go away, it will just make it worse.

shockozulu 10-13-2010 12:15 AM

gneiss, been having a bit of stress myself the last few days. The local bar has been very tempting and I've never been a social drinker. So sometimes I'm living minute by minute and today, I'm okay with that because I know this to will pass.

LaFemme 10-13-2010 06:29 AM

Just remember you can always come here to vent:-) I hope your thesis advisor is ok...ditto on the friend...I know its worrisome but we can't save people which sucks...of course no one ever even tried to save me which also sucks....sorry, didn't mean to have a pity party:-) good luck on your exam...I am sure you will ace it:-)

gneiss 10-13-2010 06:59 AM

Thanks guys. I went to bed, and feel much better now. Pretty much everything is looking up. Heard from the friend, he says he's been busy with school and mentioned several times that he just doesn't have time to party anymore. I'm not sure I believe that but at least he's ok. I'm not trying to save him- I know I can't and I don't want to take on the responsibility for his problems anyway- but if something were to happen to him I'd like to know. And knowing stuff like that, that he won't tell his girlfriend, is an uncomfortable position. But... oh well.

My professor told us that as long as it was obvious we studied the lowest grade he planned on assigning was a B, so at least I can't completely fail the exam! And all the rest of it is over. I was fine until some of the guys in my class started talking about going to the bar both before and after the exam. But it's all over now.

So to keep this sorta on topic, today I won't use because it's a new day and with that there are new opportunities.

least 10-13-2010 08:22 AM

I will not drink today 'cause my dogs deserve a sober mom.:)