Positive Tidbits

Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I HAVE A THESIS COMMITTEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Never settle.

OK, that isn't all.

I have lost about 10 pounds since starting my diet, which really just consists of watching how much I eat. Nothing fancy. I tried South Beach once and after 2 weeks of being tired and grumpy I decided to skip the diet books and just watch how much and how often I eat. It seems to be working.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey gneiss! Congratulations on your Thesis Committee, that's awesome! And the 10 pounds ain't too shabby also!:-D
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I'm making a quilt. I did this before I did drugs and I decided to try another one. It's turning out really well, I'm happy with it so far. Maybe when it's done I'll post a picture; this one is going to live with a friend of mine but I kinda like it, I'm not sure I want to give it up! LOL
Old 08-14-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh wow!! that is so cool! I can't wait to see a picture...how hard is it to learn quiltmaking? Or should I stick to needlepoint?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I suck at needlepoint. I don't think it's hard to quilt. My first quilts were made completely without a machine, I sewed every stitch, pieced every square, by hand. Since the friend I'm making this one for is moving soon I am doing as much as I can with the sewing machine; I just don't have enough time.

It's not hard to learn, I actually didn't have any formal "education," I just grabbed some fabric and scissors and got to work. My grandmother was nice enough to give me some tips for my first quilt, but other than that it has just been me trying stuff and seeing how it works. When I was 8 or 9 and my other grandmother spent a week teaching me how to sew (among other things "nice girls know how to do," like set the dinner table properly for both formal and casual meals). At the time I didn't appreciate the lessons; never thought it would be a hobby!