SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VIII (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/202157-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-viii.html)

shockozulu 08-01-2010 06:07 PM

Got good news. Our home manager wants me to teach her English Grammar lessons so starting in September I'll be making a few dollars on the side. Every little bit helps!

gneiss 08-02-2010 08:30 PM

Cool !

I just found out today my job is ending in 3 weeks. So I know it will work out, and it's definitely a good thing because of all the drama that has been happening. And it's probably better professionally, as well, as it will give me an opportunity to get into a better job for my last year of grad school.

But still, it was a surprise, and I'm stressed out about it. But I got a great attitude adjustment from a friend who told me, "Great. Since they won't expect much out of you for the last couple weeks why don't you call in sick and come camping with me?" And I think it's a great idea. LOL Honestly jobs like that are a dime a dozen, it was wearing thin with me anyway, and I already know who to talk to for a better job. Plus as a back-up plan I have an old boss who told me if I ever needed a job to just go tell her and she'd hire me back.

And for some reason I am still worried about it. Good news though, I'm not ripping my hair out because I don't have a drink or a pipe in my hand. The mild wish for a beer crossed my mind but it was just sort of a fleeting thought, not something I was tempted by.

windysan 08-03-2010 02:13 PM

still breathing

Ananda 08-03-2010 04:58 PM

i miss you guys..i guess i'm not exactly an aithiest anymore....but wanted to say hi! Not trying to convert anyone lol just miss you guys...you all rock!

gneiss 08-03-2010 05:10 PM

Ananda, you don't have to be an atheist to post here. Miss you too. :)

LaFemme 08-03-2010 06:08 PM

Hey Ananda, I always like your posts when I see them on the forum. I'm not an atheist or an agnostic but I hang out here because this is the part of the forum that has the sort of mindset that makes sense to me. Plus, imo, this is the most open minded group on the forum...we share thoughts and ideas, and i never feel like anyone here is going to dismiss me without at least giving my ideas serious consideration or put me down.

I've always been a big believer in the saying "God helps those who help themselves."

windysan 08-04-2010 10:28 PM

Ananda got ahold of some Lucky Charms?

gneiss 08-23-2010 08:06 PM

I had an awesome, spur-of-the-moment camping/fishing trip. It really wasn't a drinking thing but one of the guys brought beer. I was good though, it really didn't even bother me not to drink. And someone brought their 10-year-old son and this kid will tell his mom everything that happened so even when I kinda thought a beer wouldn't be so bad I had a little incentive not to drink as I decided to be the designated driver.

But I now have the worst sunburn I have ever had in my entire life. Pure misery. I had no idea breathing created enough movement around my upper arms and shoulders to stretch my skin, but even that little bit hurts. Still though, it's getting better! But I think it's made me tired so I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams, everyone. :)

LaFemme 08-24-2010 01:03 AM

Congratulations and Ouch! Tty some aloe Vera if you have any.

shockozulu 08-25-2010 11:23 AM

Hi all! Been enjoying this week. We finally are getting some summer weather here. Its been so hot that I've been inside enjoying the cross breeze and ocean air while watching some of Jack Nicholson's greats that I never saw before over at Crackle (a Hulu type site). Finished Tommy, The Last Detail and Five Easy Pieces this week. The last two are Four Star movies. Now I'm starting The King of Marvin Gardens with Nicholson and Bruce Dern, both of whom I like. Then on to re-watch Easy Rider.

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

gneiss 08-25-2010 12:42 PM

Nice Alera! I'm loving the lack of summer here. After a couple weeks of 95+ we are in the low 80's and it is awesome. I'm trying to convince myself to head out to the lake for a walk just to be out in it but I have stuff I need to get done (umm... it's not very often I decide I can't be a slacker, I don't know what my deal is today).

windysan 08-26-2010 05:27 AM

i'm here. meh.

gneiss 08-26-2010 06:19 AM

I'm awake. Meh. :P

Murray4x5 08-26-2010 06:32 AM

Meh.

Meh, meh meh meh-meh, meh-meh......MEH!!!!!! :D :D :D

Murray

windysan 08-26-2010 11:04 AM

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...488/freaky.gif

Zencat 08-28-2010 05:17 PM

Here too.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...d3rjo1_500.gif

Murray4x5 08-28-2010 05:45 PM

!sdnah ruoy no emit hcum oot evah elpoep uoY

yarruM

Zencat 08-28-2010 05:55 PM

˙ǝɯ ɹoɟ buıɥʇ poob ɐ sʇı ʇnq 'ʍouʞ ı

Murray4x5 08-28-2010 05:58 PM

You win :(

Murray

recycle 08-28-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zencat (Post 2693530)
˙ǝɯ ɹoɟ buıɥʇ poob ɐ sʇı ʇnq 'ʍouʞ ı

We are not worthy.