Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VIII

Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Fluffy gneiss, I like that! Makes me think of a kitten. I'm feeling more like a blowfish. I'll work on fluffy it's a much more positive attitude! Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

still alive. all is well.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
still alive. all is well.
EEGAD! That windysan dude-guy just natters on, and on, and on, and on...

Murray
Old 05-25-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Just bipping through to report: all is well enough to manage and that for me is a very good thing .

Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

I'd put a hat on Zencat...it's a gonna feel reeeeeally gross on your scalp when that ginormous hair ball gets coughed up!

Murray
Old 05-28-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

I haven't been a very SR member lately - Sorry.

I got fired last week. I'd like to say I got laid off, but that is not true, after 19 years, not a penny of severance or even a handshake. "Please don't let the door hit you on the way out." Oh well, that is really there burden to bear. I am sober, and I am looking forward to life, and enjoying this moment.

Take care, I am ok.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Never settle.

So.... it's been.... a while.

Life is good, been working and hanging out with friends, same ol' thing. So far summer is pretty good. I definitely have the darkest tan I've had, like, ever (quite an accomplishment since I'm one small step short of albino!). I'm feeling good, getting out and doing stuff as much as possible.

Hope everyone is doing well. Recycle, good luck on the next step. I got fired once and when I got over the initial shock it was actually the best thing that could have happened, I was miserable at that job. I'm glad you're enjoying what you have.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you B

sorry to hear of your being laid off recycle.

D
Old 05-29-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

hey Recycle, sorry to hear that. I have been in that situation more than once and always found that eventually things worked out for the best
Old 05-30-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Thanks folks, ultimately this will be a good thing for me. It feels a little savage right now, but I know I need to focus on finding the next right thing and I will be ok.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Keep pedalling recycle, you'll get there. Good to hear you're OK despite the bump in the road. Take care!

Murray
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I'm an atheist who has to attend aa everyday (for 2 more months) and have been trying to "work" the program in my own secular way. just realized that my definition can be private to me, which will be not having a sponsor, not doing the 4th and 5th. I know what I have done and need to do to change...and will continue going to aa because I have to and to fill my social needs while working on my life goals and healthier lifestyle. I'm feeling very empowered!! : )
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hi cheerio, drop in anytime. Lots of support here from an open minded group...we even have ourselves a token Believer, right LaFemme

Murray
Old 05-30-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murray4x5 View Post
Hi cheerio, drop in anytime. Lots of support here from an open minded group...we even have ourselves a token Believer, right LaFemme

Murray
Amen, brother Murray

Recycle...sorry about the work situation...sending positive vibes your way!

Welcome cheerio!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Been doing well. Recently I've been on some sort of cosmic roll. I'm working again. It's part-time and not terribly demanding. Finally finished my GED in the middle of April which has been an enormous weight off of my shoulders. I start college full time in August. An essay I wrote even won a scholarship that was hosted through the GED program I attended.

Being able to say that I'm a student again is really awesome. I was a high school drop out for so many years, but now I'm really ready for a second chance at finishing an education in an institution.

I've mostly been working on time management skills and reading more often to get my brain moving. I picked up a vegan diet again, and I've been hitting the gym 4-6 days a week.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Oh my gosh I'm so bored. We've basically hit a wall at work, for now my job consists of sending one email update per day (and I don't even have to be on site), which takes a good 10 minutes, a 1-minute phone call, and about 1 minute to file my work record so I get paid for all that hard work. And for the other 23:48 I do pretty much whatever I want. It's killing me. Idle hands do the devil's work, right?

I have a good friend from way back in my undergrad days who just got her master's in clinical psychology and... oh boy. She knows all about drug addiction. Except that her crazy experience with drugs involve a day when she had 3 drinks instead of stopping at 2. It's book knowledge, and she doesn't know how silly she sounds to me. I'm not sure how to handle it, if I should just listen to her advice and know she means well or perhaps say something.

Anyway... hope all is well. Take care everyone.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
oak

gneiss, I think telling her may be a kind thing to do. She could learn a lot if you let her know what is true for you. But you are under no obligation to tell her anything or teach her. It's okay to let it pass. (Just my opinion- I'm not even sure if you wanted opinions!)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, Oak. I'm not sure either, I guess I was just mentioning it because it was on my mind. But since I put it out there, thanks.

Still waiting for work to start again. At least I get paid for the downtime, but... there's just not much to do and it's not much fun. I don't like sitting around waiting, it stresses me out more than working.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

hello chirrens, hope all is well. been busy with work. enjoy........

YouTube - ‪Wo Fat - Noche Del Chupacabra‬‏
Old 06-11-2011, 09:58 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hey, cool song. I'll post a link to the Captain and Tennille version as soon as I can find it.

Happy Ziggin & Zaggin.