Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VII

Old 12-06-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Never smelled mimeograph paper. Not even sure what a mimeograph is... unless it draws pictures of mimes? It hurts to learn that what they say is true: everyone eventually tells jokes their dad would tell.
I'm old!!! A mimeograph was a machine they used in schools to make large numbers of copies. It printed in purple and when fresh could still be a bit wet and smelled a bit alcoholic. The first thing everyone did when they got a fresh sheet was put it up to their nose and smell it!!

Come on fellow old farts, there has to be someone out there who knows what I'm talking about!!! Take care.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Yea I used to smell the paper too.

Mimeograph
Old 12-06-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I would always smell the paper. I was a teacher for awhile and used those machines. They're a mess.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Just for today: I will not be drawn in by the flamebait of a troll.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Come on now, Zencat. It was just an innocent (albeit bad) joke about mimeograph paper!!

DLTBGYD!! (Or: Don't Let the B@stards Grind You Down)
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hope everyone is well.

I've been dealing with a cold/sinus infection/wtf-ever now for nearly 3 weeks.

I went to the doctor yesterday. My lungs sound clear (good). That's what I was worried about because there was so much gunk going down my throat I couldn't tell if it was mucus sliding into my lungs or being produced by my lungs (I've been coughing up a lot in the mornings. Oh yeah, and I had to quit smoking b/c of all of this. In the last 2.5 weeks I've had one cig [and that was about a week ago]).

Anyways, paid a bunch of money for some antibiotics. Dang it, this better be a bacterial infection in my sinuses...because those pills were ridiculously expensive.

I feel like blah and I've been pretty quiet around here lately b/c of this dang cold/whatever. I swear that's the first time I've ever gone to the doc for something as simple as a head cold/whatever. I can usually shake these things after about a week or so...but not this time.

My mental health is doing extremely well, though. If only my body could feel as good as my mind.

It's raining a bunch here. Blech.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
9/15/08

Bam,
a friend of mine is experiencing sinusitis similar to what you describe. Said the side of her face feels like its 'caving in'. She feels guilty about smoking, thinking that it caused the problem. I told her that it probably contributes to it, but that it is a simple infection more than anything else.

Hope the antibs help.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss
Come on now, Zencat. It was just an innocent (albeit bad) joke about mimeograph paper!!

DLTBGYD!! (Or: Don't Let the B@stards Grind You Down)
Aw thanks, Ive learned a lot about not becoming unglued and going off on some anti-** rant thanks to having SoberRecovery as a place to practice new healthy behaviors. As these new ways of acting has transferred over into the 3-D world too.

Originally Posted by Bam
My mental health is doing extremely well, though. If only my body could feel as good as my mind.
Ive noticed the positive changes in your mental health... keep up the good effort.

So its almost winter and southern California is doing some of its version of winter. Had a .82 inch of rain yesterday and now its sunny, 46.0 F (7.8 C), wind from the NE (050 degrees) at 7 MPH (6 KT) and relative humidity 55% ...yea...a medium coat, some shorts, Ugg boots...good to go.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I'm still bat5hit crazy.

thank you
Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
I'm still bat5hit crazy.

thank you
You really think you have to TELL US, Windy??!!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Good to be back; my finals are over and I can talk to people again!! I'd rather just go take a test for a couple hours and be done with it but all of my professors gave us either take-home finals or final projects. I hate that because I have zero work ethic or self-discipline until right before the deadline so the last week has been pretty intense getting everything done.

All my energy has been used to finish my homework and now I'm looking at the wreckage knowing my roommate will be home in 20 minutes and I should probably clean up. I can't do homework in a nice orderly fashion. By the time I'm done there's always paper on every surface in the room. At least I get it done! I have a little cottage industry going helping people write papers. For the last couple semesters I've made a few hundred bucks helping people write papers for classes I've never even taken and each one of those papers has gotten an A. I'm kinda good at it, maybe I'll work for one of those research paper mills if this geology thing doesn't work out
Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Never settle.

So... yesterday I was on top of the world. Last night my grandpa died. My parents thought I had another final this morning so decided not to tell me until my exams were over, which was nice of them. And then today my roommate's mom-- who I absolutely adore-- called to say that her cancer, which already claimed a lung, has moved into her spine.

It's been a rough day. I made it through the grocery store without buying beer. I really wanted to though. I can't decide if I should focus on the fact that I still want to drink when I get stressed out or if I should focus on the fact that I'm getting quite decent at ignoring the urge to drink and finding something else to do.

Anyway... I'm going to a concert tonight (and they sell no alcohol at said concert. A plus!) so catch you all later.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

(((gneiss)))
Old 12-12-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, Bam. Hugs back to you.

I can't get motivated. I am now 5 hours late to work and still sitting on my couch. Blah.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I'm hongry for real foods.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:08 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Gneiss, please know I totally understand where you are right now. My sister and I lost our cat last night. It was unexpected. Add this to the move, the fire, my cousin's death and everything else and I need to give myself some time right now.

I will be quiet here for a bit. I would appreciate it if you find a problem post you hit the report button (the little triangle with the explanation point) instead of sending me a private message. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Alera (hugs)

our thoughts are with you.

Take care of your needs (hug hug hug)
Old 12-13-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks Alera. Hugs to you, take your time.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

(((Alera)))
Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Be well (((Alera)))