SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Can't sleep Pt. II (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/187563-cant-sleep-pt-ii.html)

shockozulu 11-01-2009 03:36 AM

Can't sleep Pt. II

Beyond exhausted. Three nights with very little sleep, and I'm still trying to get better from the flu. This lack of sleep isn't helping. Plus with time change it gets lighter earlier, waking me up.

gneiss 11-01-2009 09:22 AM

Alera, I hope you can sleep tonight. I hate being exhausted and not being able to sleep. I think that's what made my mood so horrible on Friday. Last night was the first night I've slept well in a week and I woke up flipping out because I thought I was late to work. Forgot about the time change. Curse you, daylight savings time!

Sweet dreams, everyone.

shockozulu 11-01-2009 10:05 AM

Sorry about your internal time clock but glad you finally got some sleep. Sure enough, I woke up an hour earlier this morning.

Lack of sleep can make a mood hell, you are not alone in that one. I'm glad you are starting to get some of that rest back.

Bamboozle 11-03-2009 04:56 AM

Hey, Alera. How goes it?

I'm having trouble sleeping...don't know why...but this happens every now and again.

Maybe try reading in bed? Sometimes that makes me really tired.

shockozulu 11-03-2009 12:49 PM

Finally got some sleep last night. I think I was emotionally exhausted. Not as much as I needed, but some.

gneiss 11-14-2009 03:16 AM

Any other insomniacs out there? My life sucks right now. I hate not sleeping!

shockozulu 11-14-2009 03:52 AM

Sorry to see you posting tonight gneiss. I'm still up at four am. Lack of sleep really effects my outlook on life in general. Hope you feel better soon.

gneiss 11-14-2009 06:29 AM

Sorry you had trouble sleeping, too. I kinda dozed off for a little bit around the time you posted. Never fails, right?

gneiss 11-14-2009 10:45 PM

This board seems to cure insomnia. Every time I post here, I fall asleep waiting for a reply. So, here's hoping it works tonight.

:)

shockozulu 11-14-2009 10:51 PM

Luck to you Gneiss. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight my*yawn*self.

gneiss 11-14-2009 11:22 PM

No luck tonight I guess. Hope you got some sleep, Alera.

I, for one, have a very clean kitchen.

shockozulu 11-15-2009 12:52 AM

So sorry to hear that you are still up. I'm going to try to go down with a book now. Its been a long day, my cousins obit was published and that made it a bit more real for me.

SalParadise1951 11-15-2009 01:07 AM

I'm trying hard to get used to a new schedule. Unfortunately, I've been cycling through a day with too little sleep followed by a day with too much. The good thing is that the impetus behind my new schedule is making my life so much more rewarding. Right now I'm on the too little sleep day so I'm on here trying to make the most of my time.

gneiss 11-21-2009 08:08 AM

So here's my new thing: I have no trouble falling asleep. I get tired at a reasonable time and I go to bed. About 2 hours later I wake up and can't get back to sleep. So in the past 3 nights I have slept about 7 hours total. FML.

gneiss 12-27-2009 12:00 AM

It's been a month! But here I am back to my insomniac ways. I was exhausted all last week; last Sunday and Monday I woke up for about 4 hours each day and slept the rest of it. Switch. Last night I slept for 4 hours and here I am, wide awake after driving all day. I hate this. I'm so tired right now, and I can't sleep. No reason for it.

Carol Star 12-29-2009 06:10 AM

My therapist has me take 5HDP from the healthfood store to get my brain chemistry straight and a Valerian supplement and melatonin 1 each. One each and I sleep fine. She is an addiction therapist. It costs me about $20.00 a month. Very worth it.

shockozulu 12-30-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Star (Post 2471432)
My therapist has me take 5HDP from the healthfood store to get my brain chemistry straight and a Valerian supplement and melatonin 1 each. One each and I sleep fine. She is an addiction therapist. It costs me about $20.00 a month. Very worth it.

Thanks Carol. Please remember that these supplements can interfere with medications or have other side effects. For anyone reading this, remember to consult a medical professional. For example, 5-HDP combined with anti-depressants can cause serotonin syndrome. When I took it, my experience was very scary (and extremely rare). I went into a full hallucinatory state. Luckily my grandmother was the one who had brought it home and given it to me during the day at a low dose to "test" its effectiveness. As a consequence I was able to be comforted until it wore off.

jamdls 01-01-2010 10:14 PM

:nyagCan't sleep I'm exhausted by legs and ankles ache too much and when I lie in bed the traffic in my head is just too much to let me sleep. I don't even know what it is that keeps me from sleeping I'm not worried about anything but ther e is like all this chatter in my head and I can't understand a word of it and I'm so sick of the dang noise! When I do fall asleep I get awakened by the aches in my legs or ankles which is probably from my back as leastn as far as the legs go--been like this for weeks and I hate it--some nights I take a muscle relaxor and an anxiety pill but I did that last night and I don't want to get in the habit so won't do it 2 nights in a row.

shockozulu 02-05-2010 05:10 AM

Having trouble sleeping, or should I say trouble staying asleep. Well off to try AGAIN. Hope I get more than the 4 hours I got the last two nights. :gaah

gneiss 02-08-2010 10:02 PM

Too many thoughts in my head. They won't go away, can't sleep. Anyone up still?