How come

Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How come

The alternatives to AA forum got locked? There weren't a lot of posts and it wasn't that old. Is there something about the subject matter?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Read the last post in the thread.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw that - but I thought the original poster was looking for guidance on AA alternatives, which I thought this forum was about. I just wanted to know if it was okay to ask questions about other programs.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Start a new thread. And read Alera's post again. If someone gets out of line, report the post, don't engage. Posts get deleted, threads get removed or locked quite often. The subject isn't taboo, you just have to be civil.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Puckettcg

Please address any queries to Alera in PM.

D
Old 10-03-2009, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did ask Alera why this thread was locked and didn't receive a fully satisfactory reply.

The thread in question was completely civil and there was no flaming whatsoever.

I have just read a couple of posts in this forum which are praising the 12 step program and basically calling atheists silly !

I get a tiny bit sick of having to walk on eggshells in here when random 12 steppers feel that they can come on in and have a go whenever they feel like it.

How about a bit of equitable treatment.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Kinda got to agree with you on this one Allport. The FACT is that SR DOES lean heavily towards 12-step recovery. However, this is a privately owned and run site and I guess they have the right to run it as they see fit. I will say that generally Alera does a very good job of moderating this forum and that, for the most part, the 12-steppers let us have our peace here in the Secular forum. The fact is, nothing is perfect. I've found SR to be very helpful over the years, both 12-steppers and secularists!! I'll close now, as soon this thread will be locked!!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes of course it will Tyler

By the way the reply i received to my query about the locked thread was that it might have degenerated into a flaming war!

It might have indeed but it wasn't given the chance, pre-emptive lock down a strange idea.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, okay then. I'll start a new thread then and hope not to be "pre-emptively" locked down. I do understand that flame-wars are unproductive, but sometimes the particular reasons why someone is opposed to one form of treatment or another are important for identifying alternatives.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good point Puckett but try not to take it personally if your thread is locked, I have noticed that the original poster in the thread in question has not returned to the Secular Forum.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

If you have questions about my actions, please PM me. If you feel the answer is unsatisfactory, you can always ask me to clarify.