SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VI (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/181369-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-vi.html)

shockozulu 07-28-2009 04:36 PM

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VI

Carry on!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-v-20.html

Bamboozle 07-28-2009 05:06 PM

Woo hoo! Doin' a little dance!

lunarise 07-28-2009 10:14 PM

Im still here, sweating, melting is more like it, spent the day at the mall in A/C lol Went to two movies....

gneiss 07-29-2009 11:59 AM

Fast check-in. I've been packing boxes, getting ready to move. Moving day is tomorrow, one room left to pack up (but of course I left the room with the most stuff until last!). And of course, wouldn't you know, rather than packing last night like I should have been, some friends came into town and I hung out with them instead. That's me: disciplined.

Time to continue packing. Tomorrow is moving day, so see you on the other side!

shockozulu 07-29-2009 02:23 PM

Looking forward to hearing from you at your new place gneiss. If you are anything like me, the first thing you set up is your computer. The "other stuff" like dishes and beds can wait LOL

Vivid, we are in the middle of a heat wave too. We have plans to do the A/C at the theater tomorrow.

lunarise 07-29-2009 04:01 PM

hmm stayed home today...sweating...104...not normal...where the snow? lol

Good luck with yer move Gneiss! I always set up the phone and computer first. lol

gneiss 07-29-2009 04:15 PM

Break time. Thanks, Alera and Viv. See, I think beds and dishes are generally important. However, my computer... ahh, my computer. All my music is on it, my cell phone charges off of it, and most of my communications involve it. So... naturally I will have to set it up first. Besides, it's not like I'm cooking the day I move. Dishes are completely pointless when you're eating delivered pizza.

Geez, 104 in Oregon?!?!?! Like.. that's close to normal for here in Oklahoma. You poor thing!!

Glad it's unseasonably cool here. Mid-80's and overcast. Can't beat that for moving in late July in Oklahoma!

Bamboozle 07-29-2009 04:34 PM

Ha ha! It's in the 70's here.

Dee74 07-29-2009 05:56 PM

62 here..or 17 as we know it
:Wburn

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...otion/smug.jpg
LOL

D

tyler 07-29-2009 08:06 PM

Just to warn...this is a venting post....

So as I mentioned before I got the job I was trying for. It is with a very good company that provides excellent bennfits, something that is becoming a rareity. Part of the companies "mission statement" is that it is their employees are one of their most important "comadities" as we are on the "front line" dealing with their customers. They provide 80% medical/dental/vision coverage, 100% life/major & short term disabilty, 100% tuition reimbursement for college (bachelors or masters) regardless of the major, allow you to purchase a computer at their volume price with 10% down and the rest payroll deducted for 12 months with no interest. The list goes on. Good company. Glad I'm working for them.

So I called my ex today and told her that I can get my son covered under the company insurance. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, same insurance she has now, paying $250/mo for and b*tching about it all the time. The company even pays 80/20 for depentants, so I can get him covered for about $100 buck a month. The dental she currently has pays nothing for orthedontics, which my son needs, and mine will cover it at 50%. It would cost $10 a month vs the $40 she is currently paying.

So I figure she'd be happy about this, right?? No, she has to question every little detail, even after I sent her the file that breaks everything down to dollars and cents. Is it as good as what I have now?? Will you keep your job?? Even through all of my addiction problems, one thing I stayed was employeed. My recent unemployment was only because I quit a job that I hated, but stayed at for 3 1/2 years so I could keep up with my responsibilities. While I've been unemployed my folks have paid my child support and other bills. I have never missed a child support payment since we have seperated, even when I didn't have the money. My folks stepped in and payed it for me. She has always been taken care of. I have always paid her what we agreed with even when it amounted to 40% of my take home pay. I've had to live with my folks in order to do so.

I guess I was just expecting a little gratitude or thanks for the opportunity to help her out. She's always complaining about how she has no money, etc., and I give her an opportunity to save a couple hundered bucks and she is completely "stand offish" about the whole thing.

She is a good mother and honestly the only reason my son is in my life as much as he is. She has never said a bad word about me around him, though there is a laundry list a mile long she could have used if she wanted to. I still love her with all of my heart, but tonight she pi$$ed me off!!!

I am now letting go of that.

Thanks.

gneiss 07-30-2009 10:53 PM

I'm not all moved in, but at least most of my stuff is in my new place... sitting randomly around the rooms and often in boxes anyway. Everything hurts! Gawd I'll be sore in the morning. Haha. And I never realized what a complete clothes horse I am until I had to carry it all to a second-floor apartment. Geez a bunch of that is going to goodwill!!

jamdls 07-31-2009 10:29 AM

Hi ya peeps. Life is wonderfull in my world except for the fact the my cell mate (person in next cubicle) is the most NEGATIVE individual on the planet....I mostly avoid saying anything beyond good morning and good night to her because she is the person who when you say "hi how was your weekend" she will go on and on and on .....about everything she had to do and blah blah blah blah....it is never good...this woman is 62/widowed/no kids..a hypochondriac (sp?) and the biggest complainer I've ever had the misfortune of knowing. We have worked in the space for about 9 years, even though I generally avoid her I hear her on the phone constantly-personal calls of course- yelling at people complaining arghhhhhhhhhhhh! Yesterday I went home for lunch to walk my dog (I do everyday) it was sooooo wonderful outside only about 88 degrees low humidity -Texas summers are normally 98+ so yesterday and this whole week in the 80-90s has been awesome--I come back from lunch and when I went to the printer ms complainer was there and I said "it is a gorgeous day outside" she starts saying "but it was raining and it's cloudy and overcast....." she couldn't even appreciate a nice day. Thankfully she is not here today, because her boss is out of town and she just always happens to be sick when he's out of town....

Tyler, sorry for your grumpy ex just let it roll; there is a reason they are exes.

tyler 07-31-2009 11:20 AM

Thanks jamdls. I think the problem is really more with me than with her though. She's just trying to protect herself and our son as best she knows how. I am still far to new in this to be trusted, so I have to earn it. It helped me feel better just to vent about it here. Truth is without her being the special person she is, I'd have no realtionship with my son at all, so I shouldn't really complain. Sometimes it just helps to get it off your chest. Sorry you have to deal with such a miserable person next to you all day. I've had people like that at work too. Soul suckers, they'll suck you dry if you let them. In one ear and out the other!! Take care.

otterbearcat 07-31-2009 01:57 PM

100 degrees in Seattle the past 2 days, today it is only going to be 89.
Woo Hoo! Glad I live in a daylight basement apartment.

Yesterday was the last day of my Yoga for addiction recovery class.
The insructor asked if she could give me hug and said she hoped I would take some other classes there. Very Nice... So glad I can appreciate stuff like that now. So grateful to live in a place with a non-profit yoga studio that uses yoga as therapy.

This so much better than wasting my life at the bar.

Tyler...

Glad your venting yet trying to let it go.

windysan 08-01-2009 08:40 AM

Weaned down to 1 oxycodone this morning(broked laig). Was taking 4 per day for a couple of weeks. The suckage begins today. Kinda sore all over but the laig ain't too bad. Gonna go veg in front the TV.

ugh

Be glad when it is over.

Gypsy Feet 08-02-2009 08:32 PM

Rawr!!

Zencat 08-02-2009 09:11 PM

Its been a good week...all things in perspective. Kinda a gratitude time: no prolonged Meth use coupled with exaggerated drinking destined to additional miss mash of chemical abuse....so yea...its been a good week in review...free from my past demons is cause for pause and recognizably...W0oT...http://emo.huhiho.com/set/kaomoji/100.gif...w00t.

windysan 08-03-2009 12:12 AM

today was day 1 no oxys at all. i forgot about the insomnia. i'm sleeping as i type but i can't really sleep. this sucks way too bad.

tyler 08-03-2009 04:53 AM

Hang in there Windy!!!

First day back at work today, geting ready to leave now. Hope everyone has a good day. Take care.

Gypsy Feet 08-03-2009 05:31 AM

Oooo, have a great first day!