SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VI (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/181369-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-vi.html)

Brae 08-16-2009 01:30 PM

Free free

Brae 08-16-2009 01:31 PM

:c011:

Brae 08-16-2009 01:32 PM

:You_Rock_

Brae 08-16-2009 01:33 PM

:agree

Brae 08-16-2009 01:34 PM

I believe that is 15! lol

HLBlue 08-16-2009 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Brae (Post 2333352)
:herewego stick

Is that the popcorn, I made us??? lol

HUGHUG!!!

windysan 08-16-2009 02:17 PM

punk rock band name = Obama Death Panel

Zencat 08-16-2009 05:20 PM

http://www.anikaos.com/0003-panda/kaos-panda28.gif Welcome to the secular side of SC Brae.

gneiss 08-16-2009 07:11 PM

Wow. I'm exhausted. I spent about 35 hours Friday through Sunday morning helping a friend roof a house. One of those pesky emergency-type, pretty-please requests for help. Plus he offered to pay me more than I would make at my job and cash on the spot if I could manage to get out of work. I just didn't account for the doctor bill! Haha. Turns out roofing is kinda dangerous, but the injuries are minor. I had fun with it. More to the point, every time I have seen one of the guys I was working with he tries to sell me meth. No dice, I said no. It's getting easier. I'm a little over 2 months now, haven't been clean this long in a year.

windysan 08-17-2009 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by gneiss (Post 2333720)
Wow. I'm exhausted. I spent about 35 hours Friday through Sunday morning helping a friend roof a house. One of those pesky emergency-type, pretty-please requests for help. Plus he offered to pay me more than I would make at my job and cash on the spot if I could manage to get out of work. I just didn't account for the doctor bill! Haha. Turns out roofing is kinda dangerous, but the injuries are minor. I had fun with it. More to the point, every time I have seen one of the guys I was working with he tries to sell me meth. No dice, I said no. It's getting easier. I'm a little over 2 months now, haven't been clean this long in a year.

You're doing good ! As time goes by it gets easier and easier to resist. If you are truly sick of that 5hit like I am sick of other 5hit then you'll continue to resist.

gneiss 08-17-2009 09:22 AM

Thanks, Windy! Indeed, I am sick of it. Mostly now I have trouble wanting dope when I'm having a bad day and since I got my meds adjusted I feel better so I have fewer bad days. Though, my horoscope wasn't very encouraging today :lmao

Life's looking up again. Classes have started, so I woke up early for a class in geophysics and now I want to take a nap. So, good night everyone. :D

spittake 08-17-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by gneiss (Post 2333720)
every time I have seen one of the guys I was working with he tries to sell me meth. No dice, I said no.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

You just became my hero! I'm terrified when I see an unknown number calling, or to go into certain parts of town, because I'm afraid I might do something stupid. And some dude asks you point blank!! You rule! Seriously. Rule.

I hope you are damn f*cking proud of yourself!!!!

jamdls 08-17-2009 01:19 PM

Yo
Having difficulty being cheerful but trying. Doc put me on Leviquin for a sinus infection now I can barely walk as one of the side effects is tendinitis and tendon rupture and yep thats what I appear to have in both legs and that sucks. Yesterday went to visit daughter and grandson and my grandson asked "why are you wearing a dress" I said cause I'd been at church he said "what's church" I told him "that's where I go to talk to God" he had never heard of God and that broke my heart and then my daughter got mad at me for even mentioning God. Anxiously awaiting the end of 100 degree temps (about 4 more weeks). Just 2 more pounds to lose until I reach my goal weight!!! I'm down 12 pounds since June 1 and 18 lbs since Jan 1--course now with the legs hurting like heck I can't do so much. oy

shockozulu 08-17-2009 01:34 PM

It looks like I'm joining all of you with the moving crew. Lived here fifteen years and gonna miss my old place. I sure admire all of you that are doing it so easily. Just looking for places is exhausting me. Maybe its because I live in a tourist town but its hard as hell to find a place that is in our price range and a decent neighborhood.

Well, off to see two more apartments.

gneiss 08-17-2009 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by spittake (Post 2334329)
:hail: :hail: :hail:

You just became my hero! I'm terrified when I see an unknown number calling, or to go into certain parts of town, because I'm afraid I might do something stupid. And some dude asks you point blank!! You rule! Seriously. Rule.

I hope you are damn f*cking proud of yourself!!!!

Thanks, spittake! I am proud of myself. I had the same problem, worrying about unknown numbers. I changed my phone number to solve the problem. Can't do anything about the possibility of seeing druggies around town, I've run into them a time or two. I just pretend I don't know them.

Originally Posted by Alera (Post 2334543)
I sure admire all of you that are doing it so easily. Just looking for places is exhausting me.

I cheated. I never really looked at my apartment before I moved in. Some friends have lived in the apartments I moved to so since they were all basically the same floor plan I just signed the papers.

Jam, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I hope you are off the meds soon since they are making things worse. Hugs for you!

spittake 08-17-2009 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by gneiss (Post 2334670)
Thanks, spittake! I am proud of myself.

Also for enrolling in school and going to your classes. That is an accomplishment to boast about!

This world needs more scientists, that much is for certain.

californiapoppy 08-18-2009 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by jamdls (Post 2334524)
Yo
Having difficulty being cheerful but trying. Doc put me on Leviquin for a sinus infection now I can barely walk as one of the side effects is tendinitis and tendon rupture and yep thats what I appear to have in both legs and that sucks. Yesterday went to visit daughter and grandson and my grandson asked "why are you wearing a dress" I said cause I'd been at church he said "what's church" I told him "that's where I go to talk to God" he had never heard of God and that broke my heart and then my daughter got mad at me for even mentioning God. Anxiously awaiting the end of 100 degree temps (about 4 more weeks). Just 2 more pounds to lose until I reach my goal weight!!! I'm down 12 pounds since June 1 and 18 lbs since Jan 1--course now with the legs hurting like heck I can't do so much. oy

Hope you feel better soon !

Bamboozle 08-18-2009 06:36 AM

*click*

....I'm here...

....I'm gone. :)

*click*

gneiss 08-18-2009 09:43 AM

Meh. Have a headache, and have classes tonight from 4:30 to 9:30. And it's all overcast and rainy.

My little accident while roofing last weekend gave me a muscle spasm in my neck but I can't take the muscle relaxer the doctor prescribed because it put me to sleep for 6 hours and I have to actually do stuff today. And I didn't like that doctor either. Big pet peeve: I'd never even heard of the meds she put me on and when I asked her what it did she just repeated the name instead of telling me what the drug does. I had to google it on the way to the pharmacy. *Grumble grumble*

Have to get rid of this headache before class starts. Adios!

Zencat 08-18-2009 10:35 AM

http://www.anikaos.com/0012-crazybun...azybunny14.gif All is well enough to manage on my side of the street. I do sometime get the urge to jump across the street and get-up into other peoples business...I do far better to say out of the drama lama mode...LOL. Other than chilling out here in my home and enjoying the cool coastal temperatures, my addiction treatment is going along in a good ole "self-empowered" direction.