Blogs

Notices

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VI

Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
a fellow believer !!

They're magically delicious....and taste better than flying spaghetti.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Haven't had much luck posting images in the past and I'm not into trying again at the moment so here's the URL.
Non Sequitur, October 29, 2009 — UCLICK GoComics.com
Since you're in this section of SR right now, you might like it.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:58 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
Haven't had much luck posting images in the past and I'm not into trying again at the moment so here's the URL.
Non Sequitur, October 29, 2009 — UCLICK GoComics.com
Since you're in this section of SR right now, you might like it.
I usually love non sequitur but this is a classic. Its already on the way to the printer!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:08 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Oh dear have you read the comments

My new hobby is reading the comments after controverstial news stories and the like, hours of fun, even if it does make you worry for the future (and present) of the human race!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
Hey gneiss, what is your relationship with your room-mate? I sense maybe it's some kind of relationship beyond friendship, not necessarily romantic, but invested with some kind of energy/charge that makes it difficult to break the bond.

Now it's been three weeks since tapering off the Klonopin, and still totally stressed/shaky/sore/queasy.

I have also been broke beyond broke, the wage garnishments and state pay cuts have hit me hard. Many days, I eat one meal, the phone got cut off for a few days last week, rent will be late. I can't even afford a co-pay to see the Dr.

I am very scared. I keep being told I make to much for aid of any kind, but feel like I am losing it. I have not been anywhere in several years, have not been able to see my family back in Michigan, feel like I am just getting older and more hopeless. Sometimes, I wish I would die, just die, without trying, and end all this. I don't see any hope anymore, I am faint, tired, broke and tired of trying.

Not sure anymore, the future looks so grey and distant, the present is a struggle just to endure, all I have left it seems are a few memories.
Husky, hang in there. I've got some financial stuff going on too and it sucks. It's so much stress! I feel like I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul and clearly Peter's not happy about it.

And you're right about my roommate. We're not dating. We did a little bit about a year ago but it put too much pressure on our friendship (that and we were both trying to get clean and sober and it wasn't working. We enabled each other, it took about 6 months of not really even talking to each other much); we didn't want to end our friendship so we stopped dating. We're best friends but it still goes beyond that. I'm closer to him and his family than I am to my own family. I've never had a friendship like it before. We say mean things and do stupid stuff and get mad at each other but I've never had a friendship worth the arguments. I've also never gotten to know any of my friends on this level. It took 3 years, alcoholism, drug addiction, and God-knows-what else, but we're finally good enough friends that we can argue with each other and not think our friendship is over because of it. I wouldn't throw that away lightly.

Loved the Non Sequitur! I'm supposed to be at work, so I guess I'd better get going.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Oh dear have you read the comments

My new hobby is reading the comments after controverstial news stories and the like, hours of fun, even if it does make you worry for the future (and present) of the human race!
I have the same habit as you do. If you think these comments were bad, you should have seen some of the ones on the hot button news story when Joe Torre wrote his book on the Yankees. Some people were acting as if the world had stopped turning!

Some niche groups get so worked up: its funnier than hell to watch on the sidelines.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Don't look too hard, I've seen some pretty silly stuff on SR I think I've been involved in some of it.

I'm sitting in my apartment, doing my homework. Roommate has left town for a few days and I'm enjoying the quiet. But I can't stop thinking about beer. I really want one. I'm not going anywhere. I have homework to get done, no time to go get drunk. Usually it goes away in a few minutes but this has lasted for over an hour. It's distracting. I'm glad I'm poor. Once again tonight it's my antidrug.

An old friend came over Thursday, spent an hour telling me how he was so glad he was getting clean and hadn't done drugs in a few months. I was really happy for him. When he left he forgot this little leather pouch he'd been carrying, so I opened it. 3 crack pipes. Right, I'm sure he's been clean. Now he's mad that I threw them in the dumpster (after wiping them down. Didn't want my fingerprints on them). Oh well. Don't leave stuff like that laying around and I won't throw it away. It's not worth the risk.

Last edited by gneiss; 11-01-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Drink some delicious milk !!

mmmmmmm milk.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, Windy. That helped a bit.

It does a body good!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

7 months sober today. Still truckin'.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Bam,

Congrats! Keep on keepin' on!

Love,

Lenina
Old 11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
mergirl

grats kbam <3!!!!

those comments are FUNNY!!!

they scare me a little too. . .
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Congrats awesome effort Bam.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, DK. How goes it?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Congratulations, Bam. Proud of you!!

I'm totally stressed out. I have so much stuff to do and I'm so stressed out that I can't even concentrate on it. Thought maybe if I griped here it might help. I have a term paper due tomorrow, but I had to switch subjects about 2 hours ago. So I'm completely starting over. I've written papers before in one night, but I hate doing it.

My roommate's been gone and I'm starting to hate the quiet in the apartment. I don't sleep well ever since the burglary if no one is here. And he called me today and said his ex filed for full custody of his daughter with no visitation so he has to go get a lawyer. I realize that's not *really* my problem but he started crying on the phone and it kinda got to me. He's done a lot of stuff wrong, been to prison, done drugs, all that. But he's always been proud of his daughter, always done everything he can for her, always done the best thing for her. Now his ex is trying to remove his parental rights.

And all that circus means my normal study partner for our exam Thursday may not even make it to the exam, let alone be able to study since he'll be tied up with a lawyer. Not that I can't study on my own, but we're a great study team.

I kinda want to sit down and cry but I don't really have time for it. I gotta get back to work. Thanks for the vent.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Sorry being quiet all. One of my cousins who I happen to be close to after years of physical distance is in a coma from falling and breaking his skull. They don't know if he's going to make it.

Thanks all for reading this, and please understand if I'm quiet the next few days.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Alera, I'll be thinking about you. Head injuries are terrifying, my sister had one and just barely lived. You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself and your family.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Alera,

I've added your cousin and you to my list for good thoughts. It's my version of praying, I will be thinking of you both.

Love,

Lenina
Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

(((Alera)))
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Lost my cousin last night. Good atheist he was, he is an organ donor. Since the injury only affected his head, he will on life support until they test and harvest his organs. To do that they will need to transfer his body tomorrow then remove the life support mechanism. Thank you all for the good thoughts. They are helping me through this tough time.