Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Live it

I love this quote!!! I'm very familiar with it - it's one of my favorites and has been for almost a decade. Thank you for posting this!!!

We are truly afraid of our own power to change our lives and make them the way that we've always wanted them to be!!! This power - and RESPONSIBILITY - is new, scary and thus, intimidating!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

One of my favs!!! Thanks for the reminder.

:ghug3
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's why whenever someone asks me why I still smoke I tell them because if I quit I would be too perfect and I can't handle that yet.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dig, thanks. Wilson's quote is timely for me. The book I'm reading now, "Love is Letting Go of Fear" is based on Wilson's work.

I love to write, have been told by instructors and such to submit stuff for publishing. I just couldn't get up the guts to do it. I don't do well with rejection. LOL. But, I think I'm good, maybe good enough to make some money. Probably not a living, but maybe . . .

Anyway, I submitted something today to an e-zine. The piece contains a huge chunk of my heart and part of me said, "The zine is not good enough for this story." Part of me said, "I only think it's good because it's MY story." A third part of me said (yes, we Mistys are many), "Just flippin' submit something anywhere - just begin!" So, I did.

I love the Emersonian/Wilsonian idea that we reject our own genius out of a fear of not fitting in. There is profound truth somewhere in there.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Live it

Misty, congratulations on submitting your work! (I need to get with the program and do that, too!).