SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Empowerment (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/179723-empowerment.html)

SugarScars 07-03-2009 01:24 PM

Empowerment

Hi, Everyone!

I am new to Secular Connections. Previously, I'd posted in the NA forum because I was an active member of NA. I've since retracted my NA membership, however, because I've learned that my Empowerment tools are helping me much more. Like they say, everyone is different. I'm very happy with my life today.

Does anyone else practice the principles of Empowerment? I'm curious as to how many folks are 1) familiar with Empowerment and all that it entails and 2) currently using related tools to treat their addiction.

To give you some background on me, I took an Empowerment workshop a few months ago and for awhile considered getting certified as a life coach. I've since decided that I'm not ready. In the meantime, I'm a young professional who loves her career and has not gotten high in over one year. I am interviewing for another job soon and, if hired, will take another step up to reach my next set of career goals. I have a gym membership that I rarely use but am trying to empower myself to use, a supportive boyfriend and parents, brilliant friends, and am an amateur musician, actor and poet. I hope to continue to record new music and get published someday.

My love to all and I hope to hear from some of you soon! I look forward to getting to know some folks in this forum better.

Cheers,
Sugar xo

Zencat 07-03-2009 04:24 PM

http://www.mazeguy.net/happy/wave.gif Welcome to the secular side here at soberrecovery.org SugarScars. Feel free to join on in with any of the conversations going on here.

I like the empowerment approach to recovery. For me empowerment its proactive. I can recognize the skills I have in making the best choice for my wellness as well as developing new skills to further along my wellness journey.

Bamboozle 07-03-2009 04:31 PM

Hello, Sugar. Welcome to the Secular (Dark) side of SR. :wavey:

californiapoppy 07-04-2009 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by SugarScars (Post 2284770)
Hi, Everyone!

I am new to Secular Connections. Previously, I'd posted in the NA forum because I was an active member of NA. I've since retracted my NA membership, however, because I've learned that my Empowerment tools are helping me much more. Like they say, everyone is different. I'm very happy with my life today.

Does anyone else practice the principles of Empowerment? I'm curious as to how many folks are 1) familiar with Empowerment and all that it entails and 2) currently using related tools to treat their addiction.

To give you some background on me, I took an Empowerment workshop a few months ago and for awhile considered getting certified as a life coach. I've since decided that I'm not ready. In the meantime, I'm a young professional who loves her career and has not gotten high in over one year. I am interviewing for another job soon and, if hired, will take another step up to reach my next set of career goals. I have a gym membership that I rarely use but am trying to empower myself to use, a supportive boyfriend and parents, brilliant friends, and am an amateur musician, actor and poet. I hope to continue to record new music and get published someday.

My love to all and I hope to hear from some of you soon! I look forward to getting to know some folks in this forum better.

Cheers,
Sugar xo

Hello, welcome to the wild side. I don't think I know anything about empowerment, I guess I'll have to look into. :c009:

SugarScars 07-09-2009 10:13 AM

Thanks for the welcomes, Zencat, Bamboozle and CaliforniaPoppy! I really appreciate it. I must have written that post when I was really in a go-getter mood. Not much as changed since that post ... I still don't go to the gym! ha ha ha

jamdls 07-09-2009 02:29 PM

Hi Sugar, welcome. I don't know about Empowerment, is that a type of recovery program? I practice my own type of recovery and it's worked for nearly 2 years and my recovery has most definetly empowered me to new heights.

SugarScars 07-10-2009 07:16 AM

Thanks, Jam! It sounds to me like you are already empowered!!! Congratulations on your two years, doing what you like to do! That is inspirational to me. I left NA because, philosophically speaking, I disagree with the premise that we cannot do it alone and that addiction is a hopeless disease.

We are not hopeless, unless we are!!!