SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Musicals (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/179704-musicals.html)

Ananda 07-03-2009 07:52 AM

Musicals

OK...well..i'm gonna be real busy this weekend, but i sure would like it if everyone posted their favorit musicals!

I'm feeling very playful..something i never was in my drinking..i was one of those cry in your beer ones..er rum...

But i've always thought life would be more fun if it were a musical..so here goes :)

YouTube - Julie Andrews Sings "The Lusty Month of May"

Daisy09 07-03-2009 08:01 AM

My personal favorites:

I sing these to my girls:

YouTube - chitty chitty bang bang - You Two

YouTube - chitty chitty bang bang - coo chi face

OK, I think this qualifies as a musical (I've always had a big thing for David Bowie):

YouTube - The Labyrinth - Dance Magic Dance

californiapoppy 07-03-2009 08:39 AM

hmmm, most of my references are French, , but I love West Side Story, so the french stuff is Notre Dame de Paris, Starmania(the tycoon) Les Misérables, and I can't beleive it I'm stuck... I loved the Music Man and the sound of music, but I was a kid then, I'd probably hate it now. I'll be back, I can't believe I can't remember musicals, what alcohol can DO to you !!!! and being over 50.....

californiapoppy 07-03-2009 08:43 AM

wow I didn't even look at the excerpts before answering, but DICK VAN DYKE is super!!! and I love David Bowie so Labyrinth of course is my sort of thing! Thanks Daisy !!! Don't give me too much though, Mary Poppins Made me cry even after I'd seen it many times, my own daughter laughed at me! How bad is that?

Daisy09 07-03-2009 09:13 AM

Just for you, Poppy :)

YouTube - Mary Poppins: Lets Go Fly A Kite

Daisy09 07-03-2009 09:17 AM

...and this one's for Jason:

YouTube - Olivia Newton John & ELO - Xanadu

californiapoppy 07-03-2009 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Daisy09 (Post 2284525)

Thank you Daisy, and I'm crying still!

Kelly927 07-03-2009 09:32 AM

So many! Oklahoma!, The Sound of Music, West Side Story...I heart musicals! :)

Ananda 07-03-2009 09:44 AM

YouTube - I'm Just A Girl Who Can't Say No

well...its different :)

my theme song :)

Daisy09 07-03-2009 09:51 AM

...et un autre pour vous, Poppy...

YouTube - Le Coeur Au Bonheur

I love this thread Ananda

evmdimples 07-03-2009 11:11 AM

Phantom of the Opera-bawling my eyes out watching these, every time. So tragically romantic... and they are all so gorgeous!

YouTube - Phantom of the Opera
YouTube - Music of the Night - The Phantom of the Opera
YouTube - Point of No Return
YouTube - All I Ask of You

Wicked: Defying gravity... amazing musical.
YouTube - Defying Gravity - Idina and Kristin

thanks for this thread!

Aysha 07-03-2009 04:49 PM

jamdls 07-04-2009 08:15 AM

Phantom of the Opera would be mine as well. I used to date a man that was an awesome piano player (at least to me) and he would play all the songs from Phantom and from Les Miserable for me I love piano music

spittake 07-04-2009 05:06 PM

Mel Brooks' The Producers. Funniest sequence in a movie. Ever.

Stagebear 07-07-2009 05:27 AM

Hands down, Gypsy

Aysha 07-07-2009 07:11 AM

JJB 07-07-2009 07:29 AM

Now I've started reading this thread I'm not going to be able to get these songs out of my head. :wild

"Your'e the one that I want the one that I want ooh ooh ooh " :dance1a:

mistycshore 07-07-2009 08:46 AM

What a fun thread1 I love all the classics, as well as the new musicals.

Here's a fav:

YouTube - Oliver! - Consider Yourself

shockozulu 07-09-2009 08:35 PM

The Music Man (film - the Broadway play was before my time), Rent (Broadway hate the movie), Evita (movie and original Broadway soundtrack with Mandy Patinkin and Patti LuPone), Cabaret (movie), Hair (film), High Society (film) and Robin and the Seven Hoods (film).

Based on the soundtracks I enjoy Phantom (play), Big River (play), La Cage Aux Folles (play), Chess (London Cast), and Jesus Christ Superstar (London and film).

Lenina 07-09-2009 08:57 PM

Alera,

Your list is the same as mine! Although I did see the stage play "Hair" back in the day and loved it, the movie, not so much. "Jesus Christ Super Star" was a favorite too.

All time favorite is "Evita" with the originals (Patti and Mandy).

I loved "Hair Spray, the musical" too. I enjoyed the play but the movie was excellent! I didn't like "Rent" at all.

I love live stage!

Love,

Lenina