The Fun Things In Life

Old 05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

The Fun Things In Life

You wouldn't think you'd have to remind yourself about things that bring you pleasure, but I seem to forget. I haven't used SingSnap in a while, partly because I needed to reconfigure my computer for recording since I reinstalled Windows, but I did that today.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no idea what a SingSnap is but what I have found is that in recovery I am sort of finding out again what brings me pleasure. It turns out the things that I really enjoyed when I was a kid, like a little kid, are the things that I actually like doing now— being in the water, doing art projects, reading. I had completely forgotten or gotten disconnected from all that.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
I have no idea what a SingSnap is but what I have found is that in recovery I am sort of finding out again what brings me pleasure. It turns out the things that I really enjoyed when I was a kid, like a little kid, are the things that I actually like doing now— being in the water, doing art projects, reading. I had completely forgotten or gotten disconnected from all that.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. Even things that I enjoyed as a young adult...

SingSnap is an online karaoke community.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

its interesting...i find that i enjoy so many things....its like so many things out there if i try them and start to get into them i enjoy the heck out of them..then after a while i move on to something else.

I use to love gardening and at one time i loved canoeing...i'm not real drawn to either at the moment, but also know if i started doing either again i would enjoy it fully...

it's getting started on something thats hard for me
Old 05-09-2009, 11:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
You wouldn't think you'd have to remind yourself about things that bring you pleasure, but I seem to forget. I haven't used SingSnap in a while, partly because I needed to reconfigure my computer for recording since I reinstalled Windows, but I did that today.
That's what I like to hear about !
Thanks and keep remembering ! I forget sooooo much, but then again I'm not 40 anymore. I think it started then though, so be careful !!!!