Cleaning House....literally

Old 05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Glad you joined us chrisB.....posting has helped me to get housework done when i really use it to keep myself on track....I got the house in sorta decent shape this morning..but loads more to do....and wouldn't have done any whithout some incouragement.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I'm a clean freak and organizational junkie I have no clutter in my home as it would drive me nuts and in some ways its a good thing because my home is not large-I only have 2 closets and one is 3/4 empty and the one in bedroom is 1/2 empty because for some odd reason I like mostly empty closets I go in there and sit at times and get very stressed if there is clutter or things out of place, I like my clothes up by color and all my clothes are in the closet because I like to get dressed inside the closet. My attic storage area is empty cause if I don't see something I forget about it and therefore don't need it so why have it. If I don't wear something for a year I give to Goodwill and that's good but it's also a pain when a year later I go looking for it and it is gone. My cleanliness etc is also a problem because if someone comes to my home they are bound to leave something out of place and they themselves become clutter. I don't think there is a single thing in my home older than say 5 years, except for some pictures and 2-3 family "heirlooms" my mom gave me it's like I have no past and the future means clutter so I'm stuck.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I feel my home is a reflection of whats giong on in my head, it's kind of where I am.

Tomorrow I plan to get all the basics done.

Each little chore is better that none!
Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

exactly pixie..thats why i like this thread....i still don't do much by my mom's standards...but i do a bunch of little tasks and it's more than i would without sharing here.....ok ok i know it's bull..but i still need encouragement to get in the rythm..once i'm there i do it for myself...
Old 05-16-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

OK...up and atom!!!!!

Ive got coffee with the girls in 1.5 hours....so....

I'm gonna get dressed, walk the dog, and organize some of my clothes....

who's gonna join me on this fine chilly kansas morning

Old 05-16-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

My cleaning is pretty much done there is more I could do but there always is more if you look for it.

I'm happy enough living in a respectable house I don't mind a bit of mess.

Now if someone would like to start a finishing your assignment thread I would appreciate it
Old 05-16-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Yeah ally. I need that too..
Old 05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

OK
Old 05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK...up and atom!!!!!

D
Old 05-16-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
mergirl

I cleaned today AND packed for my trip. . .I don't leave for another week but I'm exited hahah
Old 05-16-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
I cleaned today AND packed for my trip. . .I don't leave for another week but I'm exited hahah
Opposite here. Finally fully unpacked from the evac and laundry is done. The only thing I haven't put away is the cat carriers because they are actually starting to get comfortable with them around, and I want the fur babies to feel that way in case we ever have to "run away" again.

I can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
mergirl

I'm glad you and the babies are safely back home. My bf from high school lives in the Blue Skies park and was evacuated as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
I'm glad you and the babies are safely back home. My bf from high school lives in the Blue Skies park and was evacuated as well.
So glad to hear he is okay. Thanks for the thoughts. They mean more than you will ever know.

My grandfather (who raised me with my grandmother) lived there so that's where I would spend my afternoons starting at 2nd grade (that's when it was a senior park). During the Painted Cave fire, he was ready to evac to our home. It was really scary as he won't evac until the last minute. As with all the past fires I wasn't threatened.

This is the first time we've been in a evac warning/order area. In the past Sis and I were always the ones offering our home to those that had to leave. The reversal was quite frightening.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Nans

Here is my post I have to clean my kitchen and get my trash out. I dread cleaning and I put it off till I cannot stand it anymore. Take care till later
Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

This is my favorite thread. But I have nothing to contribute because I'm out of town visiting my famiy. I was able to clean my place before I left though. I'm embarassed to say, I was sore the next day from cleaning! LOL
Old 05-17-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

lol I am ashamed to say Im not sore from cleaning!

I have done bits an bobs today but really need to sort the clothes/laundry (I think thats what you call it over there)

I have also cooked a stew and just about to put the potatos on.

Oh to have a magic wand
Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

ah don't you have pixie dust????? like tinkerbell had

well...i got dressed, went to the store and bought dog food and an extension cord.

the dogs are fed and i will work on the weedwacking of my yard for 15 minites every hour or so today..front is the most important...and yes bills again and general tidying.

I got a citation yesterday for my lawn being over 12" tall...so that is a must be done this weekend thing....

I wonder how i will respond to someone telling me i have to....we shall see
Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

We need a maid...

I did mow the lawn yesterday though.

Eroica, what is it that you did that made you sore.. that you are calling "cleaning"???
Old 05-17-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post

Eroica, what is it that you did that made you sore.. that you are calling "cleaning"???
lol. I was on my knees too long

but it counts as exercise right?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
ah don't you have pixie dust????? like tinkerbell had

well...i got dressed, went to the store and bought dog food and an extension cord.

the dogs are fed and i will work on the weedwacking of my yard for 15 minites every hour or so today..front is the most important...and yes bills again and general tidying.

I got a citation yesterday for my lawn being over 12" tall...so that is a must be done this weekend thing....

I wonder how i will respond to someone telling me i have to....we shall see
Whats a citation?