Cleaning House....literally

Old 05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

well errr... i took a bath and paid some bills....and i'm off to get the car fixed and by a cheap lawnmower...if stoney passes through he will remember my issues with lawnmowers last season..appears it will be the same this year
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
well errr... i took a bath and paid some bills....and i'm off to get the car fixed and by a cheap lawnmower...if stoney passes through he will remember my issues with lawnmowers last season..appears it will be the same this year
Actually, this is quite a bit of progress! My version of a bath yesterday was jumping in a chlorinated pool. Does this count? Have not looked at bills. I do need an oil change. Someone else mows my lawn. But I DO have a lawnmower and like mowing, but it's all the other stuff I cannot do alone. Now I am thinking perhaps I should not be a dog owner Not sure I can handle it.

On my list for today, and hope you don't mind my sharing: wash clothes, clean kitchen, take shower, vacuum, make bed. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well, I got the big closet sorta straightened out. Hauled out piles of crap I have no idea why I was saving. I hope to get new shelf liners in and at least several more boxes of junk to the curb. AmVets called to pick up some clothes and furniture. A few boxes of clothes packed for the womens shelter. That's pretty good, isn't it?

Oh and a few boxes of books cased up and delivered to the library.

Now, if it were as easy to box up the junk in my head...LOL

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Um... I ate a chicken sandwich. There's my big accomplishment for the day. I feel lazy.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Actually, this is quite a bit of progress! My version of a bath yesterday was jumping in a chlorinated pool. Does this count? Have not looked at bills. I do need an oil change. Someone else mows my lawn. But I DO have a lawnmower and like mowing, but it's all the other stuff I cannot do alone. Now I am thinking perhaps I should not be a dog owner Not sure I can handle it.

On my list for today, and hope you don't mind my sharing: wash clothes, clean kitchen, take shower, vacuum, make bed. Thanks!
Share away, thats what I love about this thread :ghug2
Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Lenina, you have put me to shame! But I feel better just reading your post

gneiss, thats better than nothing at all, just think how bad you would feel if you hadn't done that! Not to mention Hungry!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I got out of bed, today. (went farther than the bathroom).

Does that mean you MISSED again?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I didn't get the lawn mower...but i am at work today and when i get home plan to clean the kitchen and pay the last 3 bills.....

Oh...i will TRY to stop and get a mower on my way home, but it depends on how the rest of the day shapes up....

I did shope yesterday, so therefore i cooked...althuogh we had not clean silverware

But i didn't clean up the left overs...gotta work on that....

I'll keep dinner simple and clean the kitchen while it is cooking.

And try to walk the dog....

will report back this evening
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Feeling ambitious today. We'll see how well this goes. I've already emailed the prof I want to be my thesis adviser and scheduled a meeting with him to discuss working with him for my thesis. I'm excited, he emailed back immediately (unusual for him, usually it's a 2 or 3 day wait) to schedule a meeting. I take that as a good sign-- after all he could have waited 3 days then told me he can't take on any more students.

Next up, I offered to take one of my friends out and teach her to do the field work prep she needs for a summer course she is taking. The professor normally does this but my friend can't go when the trip is scheduled so I have to go talk to the professor to see what he wants her to learn. I took the course last summer so I think it's going to work out.

While I'm there I guess I need to sign a birthday card for the guy who pays all the bills for the school of geology. Ya know, donate about $10 million+ to the school of geology and I suppose you should get a birthday card. Along with having the students genuflect and kiss your ring, right? No complaints though, he keeps my tuition costs down.

7.5 mile hike. Doing the long trail today since I haven't been out. But taking it slow because I haven't hiked in almost a week and I'm not feeling well.

So... to infinity... AND BEYOND!!! But first maybe it would be a good idea to change out of my pajamas.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

So... to infinity... AND BEYOND!!! But first maybe it would be a good idea to change out of my pajamas.[/QUOTE]

I put a wash on when I popped home for lunch. But nothig more on the home front.

Had a relaxing evening writing my CV not! is that classed as a chore?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Uhhmm, I kinda half-cleaned out my car. Does that count??
Old 05-06-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

My room looks like it exploded (again). Well, the weekend will be here soon. I'll bother with it then...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Feeling ambitious today. We'll see how well this goes. I've already emailed the prof I want to be my thesis adviser and scheduled a meeting with him to discuss working with him for my thesis. I'm excited, he emailed back immediately (unusual for him, usually it's a 2 or 3 day wait) to schedule a meeting. I take that as a good sign-- after all he could have waited 3 days then told me he can't take on any more students.

Next up, I offered to take one of my friends out and teach her to do the field work prep she needs for a summer course she is taking. The professor normally does this but my friend can't go when the trip is scheduled so I have to go talk to the professor to see what he wants her to learn. I took the course last summer so I think it's going to work out.

While I'm there I guess I need to sign a birthday card for the guy who pays all the bills for the school of geology. Ya know, donate about $10 million+ to the school of geology and I suppose you should get a birthday card. Along with having the students genuflect and kiss your ring, right? No complaints though, he keeps my tuition costs down.

7.5 mile hike. Doing the long trail today since I haven't been out. But taking it slow because I haven't hiked in almost a week and I'm not feeling well.

So... to infinity... AND BEYOND!!! But first maybe it would be a good idea to change out of my pajamas.
Got it all done but the 7.5 mile hike turned into a 5 mile hike. I think that's sufficient to say I got it all done. And I even made an appearance at my job.

My cold is only going to get worse before it gets better though. Blah.

Tonight: Help a friend with a take-home final he's having trouble with
Tomorrow: go to the store and the post office, write my final field trip report, finalize my term paper, and email it all to my professor. And if I'm doing ok on all that go to work for a while.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Maybe I'll clean my car today!
Er.. I mean
Maybe I'll clean my car today!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

well crp..now someones started posting here i'll have to actually start doing something...but nap first
Old 05-09-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I actually cleaned today... just not anything that belonged to me. Instead of the administrivia I usually do, since the students are moving off campus for the summer and every dorm room on campus has to be clean by Tuesday evening (the first summer conference is also the biggest, and it literally takes every room on campus) I had to actually work. 11 hours of vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning furniture, windows... meh. I miss my desk job. Another 11 hour shift tomorrow, and 12-hour shifts Monday and Tuesday. At least I get overtime pay for it!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I was on a roll... for a while. Why do things have to get messed up so fast?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I was on a roll... for a while. Why do things have to get messed up so fast?
I don't know DK. My friend says my house is too big for me. All I know is it's a never ending thing to clean. I live here alone with my two pups. What's my excuse?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I live in a tiny one bedroom apt, (almost a studio), and I can't keep it clean. I did do the dishes today, which is a start, and I took out the trash. That deserves a : LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

OK...7pm on a sunday and i did no cleaning.....i should have posted to this thread as it seems to make a difference for me..not sure why...

So mom will be here Tuesday and i can't miss work....

I shuld be able to finish the kitchen by 9 and the living room by 11

will i do it or not...i honestly don't know....

Whatever my decision...i will pay the concequences...and had i done what i should have instead of goofing off i would have had not concequences of a negative sort.

its true i'm getting better, but i realy need to put some sort of deciiplined scheduling into my life or i don't see that i'm gonna get much better...