Cleaning House....literally

Old 05-31-2009, 03:59 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I need to get motivated!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I need to get motivated too. The more I have to do the less motivated I am to do it. Unless its something fun.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I've been trying to get caught up on my cleaning today. Yesterday I went into Spokane and looked at a couple of rentals. They were overpriced and straight up ghetto. I'm having a new appreciation for my tin can and for living in Mayberry. I decided I'm going to get creative with the back of the trailer...

I originally put the snowboard there to keep the cats out. I added the computer monitor today. Any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I have a new housekeeper.....and the kitchen looks fine

i'm still working on bills

i may be up late.....
Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

You're completely awesome, Ananda - it really helps hearing your perspective (whenever I'm ready to quit my job and move out of this messy house) hug
Old 06-20-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I have all the usual stuff to do today but giving myself one thing I must achieve!

I will finish stripping the wallpaper in the dining room!!

But before that I am going to put the washing (clothes) on
Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I cleaned the house today, but I didn't finish folding laundry (I despise it), so I now have a large load of laundry on the couch.
LOL. I do that too. I can't decide which I hate more - laundry or dishes. I'd rather scrub the toilet because at least that job stays done for a while. Right now feels a bit overwhelming because we had carpet put in in March (yes, three months ago), and for that we moved out all the furniture and took all the internal doors off their hinges. So now, we have nice carpet, two chairs, a TV, one bed and no doors. I've been procrastinating (read: drinking) for so long that everything feels overwhelming. My to do list would include:

Do dishes, clean kitchen
Do laundry
Sweep and hose down patio and driveway
Finish clearing out bedroom (so we can move into it)
Paint bedroom door and rehang it
Mow and water front lawn.
finish painting hallway
start painting the exterior back of the house (we repainted the front of the house over a year ago and stalled. So the front is pretty in neutral colors and the other three walls are severely chipping blue with white trim!)

Part of me looks at that list and thinks, "No wonder I drink." The better half says, "It's BECAUSE you drink that nothing ever gets finished!"
Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

This thread is so funny and has made me get some work done too. I figured if I posted that I'd better have something accomplished to report.

So today I did a couple of loads of laundry which was backed up. I hate to do the folding but I do hang up the shirts and fold the pants so I don't have to iron (or put them back in the dryer on touch up...ahem).

My bedroom is a disaster area. So I'll be updating on that.

I do pretty much keep up the living and family rooms because I do child care in my home and have to.

I have made a new effort to keep up the kitchen too. I am making progress but haven't gotten that completely down yet.

I FINALLY took parts of two weekends to get the back porch cleaned and set up for outdoor play for the children. Our official place is the side yard but the back is bigger so I finally got it finished. It felt soooo good.

KariSue
Old 06-23-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I've been trying to get caught up on my cleaning today. Yesterday I went into Spokane and looked at a couple of rentals. They were overpriced and straight up ghetto. I'm having a new appreciation for my tin can and for living in Mayberry. I decided I'm going to get creative with the back of the trailer...

I originally put the snowboard there to keep the cats out. I added the computer monitor today. Any suggestions?
A hedge or some flowers would look nice there. Why is there a computer monitor outside? Well....someone had to ask didn't they?

KariSue
Old 06-23-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Optimist

I just called M at work and told him it's too nice out today for me to have the kids inside so he needs to do the dishes while I take my 4 yr old to gymnastics class later - mental and physical house cleaning all in one