SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Removal of Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/175562-removal-threads.html)

shockozulu 05-02-2009 03:49 AM

Removal of Threads

I am having to delete a lot of posts that are attacking other programs, as well as posts that complain about mods. Yet I have to receive a single PM from anyone this last week asking why a post was deleted or asking if they could rephrase it.

Yet I have requested all of you to feel free to contact me through PM. In fact, there is a sticky post at the top of this forum that says:

If you feel your message has been unreasonably deleted, or if you wish to complain about a post that you find offensive then please get in touch with the moderators through a private message. Don't try to handle the situation yourself. It often makes the situation worse
It saddens me that it has come to this, seeing several members leave this forum because they feel (with legitimate explanations) that too many of the posts have gone again the Secular Connections description.

If you have any questions about this post my PM box is open to suggestions.

Alternatives to 12 Step Recovery
LifeRing-Smart-SOS, CBT, Problem Solving, Self Management, Self-Empowerment, Rational Thinking, Positive Lifestyle Changes, Self Assessment, Commitment and Follow-Through, Self-Acceptance, Motives and Goals, Peer Support

So Folks, please take the time to re-read the first FYI: Take a minute to read post at:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad-thanks.html . I'm posting it below in quotes.

Just a few quick pointers to all the posters here at Secular Connections.

Please remember this board is for folks who work a Secular program. This includes religious folk who chose to work a secular program like SMART or LifeRing/SOS. It also includes those that work a Secular program along with a 12-step program. The purpose of this board is to discuss our Secular Recovery, not to bash another program.

Please remember this forum follows the same rules as any other here at SoberRecovery. I am copying and pasting a few of the rules that have been broken recently. Italics are mine.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

Here are a few highlights:
SoberRecovery.com Forums Guidelines

4. The forum moderators may reject posts based on their interpretation of these guidelines and specifically the violations listed in the section below. The infringing member may be warned, suspended, subjected to post moderation or have his/her membership permanently revoked, depending on the severity of the violation(s), as deemed by their discretion. Repetitive violation or disregard of our warnings may result in stricter civil and legal actions. Membership will be revoked if private messages from moderators or administrators are ignored.

SoberRecovery.com Forums Violations (Don'ts)

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.

12. Do not disrespect forum leaders, moderators, forum greeters, and chat chairs. Be respectful in both the forums, chat, and any private communications. These members are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.

If you see a problem report it to us immediately and let us review the problem and take the appropriate actions.

If you feel that a decision has been made arbitrarily you may contact an Administrator privately for clarification. It is against the forum rules to ignore private messages from Forum leaders or Administrators. Publicly denouncing the actions of one of our volunteers can lead to having your membership permanently revoked.

Posting Tips
If you feel your message has been unreasonably deleted, or if you wish to complain about a post that you find offensive then please get in touch with the moderators through a private message. Don't try to handle the situation yourself. It often makes the situation worse