Leaving SR and done with treatment

Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hmm...
The mods strike again. I have had a few posts stricken myself here also. I hope she comes back. I am more concerned about her saying she won't go to treatment tonight. I too, hope she looks elsewhere
Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

((((Katie))))

Please know you're in my thoughts and I hope you will be back soon. Please continue treatment. I know it's hard. It has gotten better for me but it was a lot of work and a lot of being willing to change my ways of doing things. I'm not saying to do things you absolutely can't agree with, but find things that work for you. I know you like to research stuff. Keep looking.

We will be here for you.

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
I've had this discussion before. While it is very interesting from a philosophical viewpoint, I haven't found it to be of much use in recovery.

Well, I've taken up enough real estate on this thread already, so I'll leave that to others.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a butt here.

I just would like to understand, that's all. It is important for my recovery. This is how I think.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks all to those who have been supportive. I DID go to rehab that night, but left early. I got sick that night and woke up thinking I had that swine flu (yunno, that one that's been all over the media). I went to my Dr. and he told me I had the start of bronchitis, which is very unpleasant for me - with asthma. I am on antibiotics and he told me to not go anywhere for a couple of days - so I didn't and I'm not. I don't want others freaking out thinking I am contagious, which I was. I did the responsible thing and stayed home. Now, I have to wait until Monday to go back.

I'll be okay and maybe because I was sick I overreacted.

Katie
Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Katie,

I'm glad to see you but sorry you're feeling sick. Good thing you saw your doctor and got the appropriate meds. Hope you recover quickly. I get a little overly sensitive when I'm coming down with colds or flu. Take care and keep us posted.

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

thanks katie for leting us know (hug)

i over react big time when i'm sick...it's to things that always bother me, but i just react so much stronger..like all the crap in me just hurls out

let us know how your feeling when you can (hug)
Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
i over react big time when i'm sick...it's to things that always bother me, but i just react so much stronger..like all the crap in me just hurls out
You crazy girls (like I can talk, lol)...
Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

yeah men always want us to think it's a girl thing!

shut up DK
Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
thanks katie for leting us know (hug)

let us know how your feeling when you can (hug)
Yes, I was just in such a fowl mood yesterday. It's tough to always be in a bad mood and then get sick. I even went for ice cream. No flavor, price tag satisfied me. I ended up leaving with ramen noodles. All I wanted was Pistachio or Green Tea, neither of which were there!

At any rate, antibiotics make anyone tired. So I've been tired and grumpy (although less so) all day. Thanks and hugs! Who says men are the only babies when sick!?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Katie, the only thing I hate worse than bronchitis is antibiotics. They always knock me for a loop. Since I'm deadly allergic to penicillin I usually have to take the harder ones which put me in foul mood as well.

Take care of yourself this weekend, and as a fan of Pistachio ice cream, I fully understand your feelings that they didn't have any available.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
Katie, the only thing I hate worse than bronchitis is antibiotics. They always knock me for a loop. Since I'm deadly allergic to penicillin I usually have to take the harder ones which put me in foul mood as well.

Take care of yourself this weekend, and as a fan of Pistachio ice cream, I fully understand your feelings that they didn't have any available.
Thanks and LOL. I realize I said fowl mood now, as in poultry. Yikes. Last night I woke up with this horrible coughing spasm and it took me a bit to find my inhaler. Fever is at 100 only, and I think I'll live. I am not fond of antibiotics either, but I once had bronchitis hang on for six months - even less fond of that. They have this antibiotic called Zithromyacin. If you can tolerate that, it's not a bad one to take.

And, yes, it IS hard when one's favorite ice cream isn't available.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Thanks and LOL. I realize I said fowl mood now, as in poultry. Yikes. Last night I woke up with this horrible coughing spasm and it took me a bit to find my inhaler. Fever is at 100 only, and I think I'll live. I am not fond of antibiotics either, but I once had bronchitis hang on for six months - even less fond of that. They have this antibiotic called Zithromyacin. If you can tolerate that, it's not a bad one to take.
Just curious... are you still smokin' cigs?

I've heard "Zithromyacin" on house. Love that show...
Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
Just curious... are you still smokin' cigs?

I've heard "Zithromyacin" on house. Love that show...
Oh gawd...yes, I am.............

Ok, some habits die hard. I know, I know. But it just seems like I need *something* to break up the day. Just sayin'. Addictions ARE powerful. They say smoking is the hardest, yet I quit for 15 years, save a few months where I did smoke. Now I've been smoking for another 14.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Oh gawd...yes, I am.............

Ok, some habits die hard. I know, I know. But it just seems like I need *something* to break up the day. Just sayin'. Addictions ARE powerful. They say smoking is the hardest, yet I quit for 15 years, save a few months where I did smoke. Now I've been smoking for another 14.
I couldn't be a smoker if I tried, and I do every now and then, but I always regret it.. feels yucky. I had to pick up a pack for my gf yesterday though.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you checked in with us Katie, I was concerned about you. And yes, Broncitious is the pits! I get a good bout of it a few times a year and with diseases that affect my immune system, I have to be careful so it doesn't go into Pneumonia quickly. Although antibiotics are a Godsend when you're sick, us women seem to have a "side effect" quite often from them . . . it just isn't fair! lol

Get lots of rest, lots of healthy fluids and try not to smoke too much. I'm a smoker so I know it's easier said than done. I'll be hacking up a lung and still light a cigarette. Go figure.

Take it easy,
Judy
Old 05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post

Glad you checked in with us Katie, I was concerned about you. And yes, Broncitious is the pits! I get a good bout of it a few times a year and with diseases that affect my immune system, I have to be careful so it doesn't go into Pneumonia quickly. Although antibiotics are a Godsend when you're sick, us women seem to have a "side effect" quite often from them . . . it just isn't fair! lol

Get lots of rest, lots of healthy fluids and try not to smoke too much. I'm a smoker so I know it's easier said than done. I'll be hacking up a lung and still light a cigarette. Go figure.

Take it easy,
Judy
Ok, Judy, I must ask. What is the side effect you speak of? Not to be naive, but I really am! arrassed: That means - embarrassed (sp?) Aside from this, I concur with everything you say!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Ok, Judy, I must ask. What is the side effect you speak of? Not to be naive, but I really am! arrassed: That means - embarrassed (sp?) Aside from this, I concur with everything you say!
Holy cr@p.. I'm a dude and I know that... LOL!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I couldn't be a smoker if I tried, and I do every now and then, but I always regret it.. feels yucky. I had to pick up a pack for my gf yesterday though.
And I think a lot of people could not be "drinkers," of my variety, if they tried. Herein lies brain chemistry to me. Cigs and dopamine are directly related - hence Wellbutrin which increases dopamine levels. I really do believe we come down to a blob of chemicals - nothing to do with spirituality - rather chemistry.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
I'll be hacking up a lung and still light a cigarette. Go figure.
I've been like that with weed. Bong in one hand, inhaler in the other.. what a fiend...
Old 05-02-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Holy cr@p.. I'm a dude and I know that... LOL!

Sorry! There is a reason this guy asked me if I wanted him to bring me over a book! Here I am...practically a virgin. Youza! But...I should qualify - not to dampen the mood. You know how alcohol plays such a HUGE part in someone's life. Throw in trauma - there you have it!