SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/175292-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-v.html)

Daisy09 05-05-2009 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by gneiss (Post 2216087)

For some reason, though, she feels like it's ok to tell me every little character flaw of every person I date or am friends with. She's extremely judgmental, telling me I'm a loser and bf's and friends are losers pretty much every day. I quit worrying about it; I realized she's a b!tch and she's probably mad at the world because she's disabled and I really don't care what she thinks of me.

We do put the fun in dysfunctional though!

Do we all have the same sister?

doorknob 05-05-2009 04:59 PM

Been drivin' around the back roads cuz I'm really bored, and I have to say... this area hella sucks. What I'd give to find just one cool place around here...

gneiss 05-05-2009 05:04 PM

DK-- one of my favorite things is driving the backroads around here. I used to go backroading all the time (that's redneck for getting-drunk-and-driving-dirt-roads) but now I just drive around and think. Of course my car turns rusty red from the red dirt roads, but I kind of like it. I usually play some loud music too, something I can scream along with.

Maybe I should start listening to Slayer. :D

doorknob 05-05-2009 05:05 PM

http://www.co.lincoln.wa.us/images/lincolncounty.jpg

doorknob 05-05-2009 05:18 PM

It's all private property.. and even if it weren't, I'd be lucky to find a mudpuddle...

doorknob 05-05-2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Phaleron (Post 2218833)
I meant that cruising around the big flat basin

It's kinda rolly polly around here, lol...

windysan 05-05-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by gneiss (Post 2218819)
DK-- one of my favorite things is driving the backroads around here. I used to go backroading all the time (that's redneck for getting-drunk-and-driving-dirt-roads) but now I just drive around and think. Of course my car turns rusty red from the red dirt roads, but I kind of like it. I usually play some loud music too, something I can scream along with.

Maybe I should start listening to Slayer. :D

"South of Heaven" is a good start then work yourself into "Raining Blood" and "Angel of Death".

Slayer Rules, Brah !!

http://www.zrock.com/zforum/images/s...012607_117.jpg

doorknob 05-06-2009 06:25 AM

When I told the landlord that I was going to get some legal advice, he accused me of harassment and making threats. He called Susan yesterday and told her that they were gonna seal the roof, lol. I'm still waiting to hear from one of our local attorneys...

doorknob 05-06-2009 06:27 AM

I used to listen to some Slayer in the mid 80's and a band called Exodus. And of course Metallica...

Just like I remember it, lol...

Ananda 05-06-2009 08:33 AM

I'm better today....getting back i the groove....i hope...thanks for being here.

lunarise 05-06-2009 08:59 AM

HUGE :ghug3 Nanda....glad you are feeling better.... :Dance1c:

Im doing the happy dance for ya!

Sorry bout your lack o fun roads over there DK maybe you can have some of mine, I have plenty to share!

:e025:

jamdls 05-06-2009 01:27 PM

I feel fabulous today! I attended the morning session of our annual Leadership Conf this morning and we had an awesome speaker, very very motivational. 2 quotes from this morning that I loved:

"Be kind to the idiots in your life, because you're the idiot in someone else's life"

"We're all angels with only 1 wing, we need others to hold us together"

Happy day.

Freepath 05-06-2009 11:22 PM

DK, You listened to Exodus? I saw those guys in concert. What a throw back. It’s been quite a while since I even thought about that.
Esoteric 80s metal:
YouTube - Manowar - Fast Taker
YouTube - Megadeth - Mechanix
YouTube - CIRITH UNGOL - Atom Smasher
Sorry, local band…
YouTube - Sentinel Beast "Phantom of the Opera" 11/10/07
LOL epic fail

Went to a meeting yesterday. The guy described it like this:
It’s like you’re allergic to strawberries.
And the one thing in the world that you can’t remember is that you’re allergic to strawberries.

gneiss 05-06-2009 11:50 PM

Yay Phal!!!

I managed to get the first bit of my list for tomorrow done already. Went to the store. Nice. This cold is killing me. Goodnight!

shockozulu 05-07-2009 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Freepath (Post 2220381)

LOL epic fail.

And here I thought I was the only one on SR that used those words. YEAH to the fact I'm not alone.

Went to a meeting yesterday. The guy described it like this:
It’s like you’re allergic to strawberries.
And the one thing in the world that you can’t remember is that you’re allergic to strawberries
I really like that analogy. Thanks for sharing.