Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hello, secular peeps. Didja miss me?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Like, of course TSH.

So I thought it was going to be a long night. One of my old drug buddies (no idea how he got my new phone number) texted me to ask if I wanted to go get some dope with him. I said no but I'm not going to lie: it was the hardest I've had to try to say no. In fact I've been much less tempted and done it. He called me a little while later laughing: "You didn't think I was serious, did you? I told you I was quitting!" I wasn't sure whether to laugh or drive to his house to smack him. Maybe both! Well he was a little drunk so I was treated to a 30-minute monologue about his new hobby: gardening. It was like an anti-drug public service announcement on NPR. And just as easy to fall asleep to. Ha! It's cool. I'm proud of him for quitting and glad he was goofing around, and even more proud of myself for saying no.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Great to see folks applying their recovery this weekend.

I'm enjoying a quiet night at home myself. Watching some Law & Order on DVD with my sis, and playing GTA: Chinatown Wars on my Nintendo DS.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Checkin in...

...had a craving tonight but...showered and meditated ...things are pretty ok now. Was totally triggered by reading a post???!! That has never happened to me before. Anywho I suppose it doesnt matter as long as I learn to deal with the triggers.
I am glad to be sober.

Hope everyone is well. :ghug
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I'm here. I broked my laig yestiddy. dang. sucks y'all.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Optimist

Poor Windy
Old 06-22-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Windysan, sorry to hear about your leg. Keep it elevated 'cause swelling inside a cast is really sucky!

I'm going to finish painting my hall today. I've been trying to think in SMART terms but, ya know, there is no "activating event" in my case. Just being conscious is pretty much event enough to get me thinking about drinking. But the belief at work is that drinking will make me feel better, which intellectually I know is hogwash. So, the thought disputation (ha, ha - I made a word!) is "No it won't make me feel better. It will suck my life away and if I drink, I'll feel worse tomorrow than I do today." Not the cheeriest mantra but it's what I'll think to myself whenever the thought of buying some beer pops up today.

I hope everyone has a good day, or at least an alcohol-free one.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
Great to see folks applying their recovery this weekend.

I'm enjoying a quiet night at home myself. Watching some Law & Order on DVD with my sis, and playing GTA: Chinatown Wars on my Nintendo DS.
Ah, Law and Order and unlawful disorder!! Fun combo!!! Personally I spent the evening blasting away psycotic mutants in FEAR2 on my 360. That was after spending a great day with my son (all too short though). We went to the pool, which he loves, and saw an exibit on bugs at a local state park. We then went on a nature walk that ended up being a bit more a forced march after we took a wrong turn!! Still all good fun!! Hope everyone else had a good weekend.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

So sorry to hear about the leg Windy. Are you in a cast? If so, for how long? Know you are in my thoughts so you can get on that boat as soon as possible!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Windy I hope the break is an easy one to set and will heal trouble free.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Windy, why on Earth did you break your own leg? Sheesh! At least get someone else to do it next time.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
mergirl

Checking in=)I spent the weekend in Santa Barbara, did a bit of hiking through some of the burn area's, pretty amazing stuff. I had SUCH a good time. I hung out with about a dozen people. Some were drunks, some were recovered addicts/alkies, some were normies, lots were pot heads. I have to say, I want to grow up to be like the recovered people haha. Totally sober we were able to have great conversations, laugh our a$$es off, and enjoy the great outdoors! It was a nice change from my visits up there in the past.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Nevermind. Moving this one to Phal's "Can't Sleep" thread.

Last edited by gneiss; 06-22-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

My 97yr young mom...LOL...is visiting up here from Redondo CA. She is staying at my youngest sisters house (about 5 miles from me in Ventura Co.) as my oldest sis visits her son (he's about my age) in Tulsa OK for 2 weeks. Its so cool that my older sis finally let mom travel (my niece brought her and shes is just a few years younger than me too) up here for a short stay. Mom is such a trooper. We tried to go for a walk today but it was too cold for her (70f) as the breeze chilled her...LOL. We get a kinda damp ocean breeze here where I and youngest sis live.

She wants to see where I live so I'm going to drive here around to my place tomorrow and see the place. I'm going to bring a warm coat and we will have a look about. I live upstairs (mom's can't do stairs) so that not going to happen as for seeing inside of my pad. But its all good because if I was out there on a dope bender its likely I'd be nowhere to be found. That and the place I'd be living in would be a dive dope house with strung out charterers about...everywhere...no place for mom to see.

All and all I'm happy mom's up here and whatever issues (mental health stuff) that were bothering me has lessened greatly.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thats awesome zendude, enjoy your visit!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

WHIIIINE ALERT:

Ewww. Another day. BAD attitude!

Last night I had another choking episode due to cube steak lodged in my throat.

Maybe today I'll get my hall painted (didn't I say that two days ago?). Right now I could be getting done everything I want to get done before school starts again, but I'm just not doing anything. Also, I don't want to leave the house. I have to get to the store today, but I don't want to - taking isolationism up a notch.

Okay, maybe some tea will help me get fired up.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi peeps! I've been on vacation since last Friday, went to visit my 86 yr old dad in D.C. it was so nice and cool up there! came back to 100+ degree temps and no A/C in my house! but I got the A/C fixed yesterday and it looks like my bathroom remodel should be finished by next week so life is moving along.

Sorry 'bout your leg windy hope its not too itchy

Gypsey that sounds like a cool hike good for you!

Zen, enjoy you visit with your mom! I used to live in Redondo Bch, Ca, great place to visit.

Happy summer all!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Cute Cute cute!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Totally funny!!!

YouTube - Young Girl Talking About Herself - Parry Gripp
Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Vivid, those are funny! Thanks. The cat wrestling the rodent over broccoli was a hoot.