Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V

Old 05-29-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
I got a good laugh at that link. Thanks for sharing it! Passing that one on for sure.
I posted it mostly for you, Alera. I'm a big believer in gallows humor. Cleanses the soul, I think.

Sing it with me now: Poison Iiiiiiiiiivvvvvyyyyy, Poison Iiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvyyyyy... Late at night when you're sleeping poison ivy comes a creepin' arooooooouuuuuuunnnnd....

That's right kids, guess what I got into on my walk? Pretty miserable.

And I found these too:
Old 05-29-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Okay...gneiss...what kind of 'shrooms are those?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
mergirl

the photo thread is safe so far gneiss, no us vs them, just good pics=)

I'll jump on the down in the dumps wagon with you guys! I went to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, etc last week hoping for some clarity. I think if I got any, it wasn't pointing the direction I wanted soooooo now I just want something to entertain me and get my mind off of life crap for a bit!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:51 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Okay...gneiss...what kind of 'shrooms are those?
*Shrug* Don't know, didn't try them out.

Thanks, uglyeyes. It wasn't photos in general, just the photos of fossils I was worried about. My sister be damned, I'm trying a trip to New Mexico in a little over a week to try to figure things out, or at least get away for a bit.

I just dropped a friend at home, have felt fine all evening. It's about 20 miles to her house and about 2 or 3 miles from her house on my way home I became horribly dizzy. Like, swerving-into-the-oncoming-lane dizzy. The road looked like it was moving. I had to slow way down and the drive took forever. I had several more dizzy spells before I got home and I still don't feel quite right. Very weird, hope it doesn't happen again. I'm going to bed though, not feeling well at all since then.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
mergirl

scary! If it happens again be sure to see the doc before your long road trip. My ex sister in law got some weird ear thing that made her dizzy a lot.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

alera...love the avie...we are redwings fans and my son has a tat of that and the stanley cup on his ankle that he got when they won the cup years ago....

Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I feel fine this morning, completely normal. Er... "normal" being subjective, anyway. If it happens again I'm definitely headed to the doctor, but maybe I was just tired/dehydrated last night.

Or maybe it was the ghost of the bunny I hit with my car last night. Yeah. Bunnicula came to haunt me; that must have been it. I also found a pigeon on the roadside that did not fly away as I approached. So I stopped and my friend and I went to check out what was wrong with it (she calls herself the bird whisperer. It's weird, she just *gets* birds). It just sorta sat there and we noticed it was banded so clearly it belongs to someone. Our attempts to capture it by tossing a towel over it were unsuccessful and ultimately we managed to get it to flutter into a pasture. So at least it was hidden and off the road. Turns out racing pigeons navigate using vision, so this poor thing probably just got caught out after dark. They land and stay where they are and when it's light again they go home. Only problem was that this poor bird landed on the road, making it vulnerable not only to coyotes and bobcats but traffic as well. So chasing it off the road was probably a good thing, even though it resulted in us hopping a fence and walking around Farmer John's pasture at 11:00 at night (we were mostly worried that whoever owned the property was going to come investigate, shotgun in hand. As it was two gentlemen in rebel-flag-decorated dually pick-up trucks stopped to make sure we were ok... ah yes, I do love the rural folk). And there I was wearing a t-shirt that reads, "I'm not trespassing, I'm a geologist." Good times.

Alera, Ananda... really? The Red Wings? *Ugh* Not that I'm a Pens fan but honestly, I hope they win it this year... since my Avs didn't even make the playoffs I have to cheer for whoever is playing against the Wings.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
alera...love the avie...we are redwings fans and my son has a tat of that and the stanley cup on his ankle that he got when they won the cup years ago....

Those were the years. Federov and that whole team was so excellent.

Actually I must admit the Wings are my second favorite team. During the year I support my local team, the Kings. In fact, one of my favorite all time players is the former King (who won the cup with the Red Wings - go Wings!) Luc Robitaille. That man was a hell of a skater and watching him and Sergei Fedorov in action was unbelievable that year. Watching them could make a hockey fan out of most cynics.

Luc's aunt and uncle run a fantastic candy store in the city we evacuated to during the fire. He comes in to visit fairly often and is a very nice man.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm a Pens fan...and of course they lost. Ugh.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

they just won :ghug2

yeah sergie was a fav of mine and all the rest like Luc too...we hven't watched for years now, but just watched the end of the game toingith after my meeting
Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I'm a Pens fan...and of course they lost. Ugh.
6 games left, Bam. Plenty of time.

*Grudgingly admits to liking Lucky Luc.*
Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are feeling better Gneiss.

I have had what you described happen and it turned out that my electrolyte and sodium levels were low. It is unnerving though isn't it. One minute I was fine, the next dizzy.
Maybe it was something as simple as that, but you're right in wanting to get checked out if it happens again.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Sunset last night seen from Little-Town-in-the-Boondocks, Okla. I took this one while driving my car down the road at 70mph. I suggest high speed photography to anyone!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Pens won last night! At least it won't be 4 and out!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Hey they're only down 2-1 in the series. They can still win it. It's good to be the underdog!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Pens? Dogs? What are you people talking about?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Administrator

ty Suki.
I suspect it's sports

lol
D
Old 06-03-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sports??? Dallas Cowboys all the way, baby!!! (Until they hit the playoffs).

Win, lose or tie...I'm a Cowboys fan until I die!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Pens won last night! At least it won't be 4 and out!
pffffftttt :P

go redwings