Torn

Old 04-24-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We can be undecided and be welcome and have support. But you are the one who stated that maybe you want that lifestyle.
I think "maybe" means undecided, Donna. It certainly doesn't mean decided does it?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I think "maybe" means undecided, Donna. It certainly doesn't mean decided does it?
I don't think Donna quite phrased it that way (see above)- but whatever.

The main priority is that Doorknob feels safe here and that he remains an active part of the SR community, as he is highly valued.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ya know I can think of a couple of threads here at SR that have actively drinking participants...maybe those threads should be deleted. Declaring day 1 12 times in a month is actively drinking it is not relapsing. Everyone belongs here...no exceptions.

DK...you know I have a tremendous affection for you...you always make me smile. I want you to take a serious look down the road to where drinking will lead you...it's an ugly bumpy road full of potholes and roadblocks. You are better than that...you have proved time and time again you can quit...maybe it is time to make some additional changes. I have faith in you...have some in yourself.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cool

1) Many alcoholics go to AA with a desire to quit drinking, and AA welcomes them with open arms;
2) Many alcoholics w/o a desire to quit drinking go to AA (court-ordered perhaps), and AA doesn't tell them they don't belong there;
3) Many non-alcoholics with a desire to quit drinking go to AA (open meetings, at least), and AA doesn't tell them they don't belong there;
4) Many non-alcoholics w/o a desire to quit drinking go to AA (open meetings, at least), and AA doesn't tell them they do not belong there.

SR is just a recovery website, with message boards, blogs, and chat rooms, and they don't even have guidelines as strict (sic) as AA, therefore, NOBODY here, especially no member, has the right to tell anybody else that they do not belong on this site.....(barring 'terrorrists' or maliscious folks [stalkers and the like], of course).

DK, you are welcome here, at least by moi, and by a lot of others, if this thread is to be believed.....lol Feel free to just lurk and read, and/or post your questions any time.....good heavens, how is one expected to learn if he/she can't ask questions.....? If you're feeling a bit hesitant regarding posdting, feel free to 'PM' or e-mail me (see my profile for that). I'm always open for questions and throwin' out my ES&H.....Well, I may not be open all hours, 24/7, but since I am a bit old, I'm online at all kinds of crazy houirs.....LOLOL

You take care DK....we're all here and rootin for ya (well, most of us anyway).

NoelleR
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, DK. Please don't leave.

Every time I've relapsed was because I wanted to drink. I honestly can't say I'll never relapse again. I simply don't know. And if I do? I'll still be here at SR, and who cares what anyone might think about it?

I don't think you should worry about how your struggles may lead someone to relapse. In my opinion, I don't think that's what happens. People do what they want. I certainly have.

A very wise person, Dee, said that when you are struggling the most is when you need to be here the most. That's not an exact quote, but a very wise sentiment indeed.

Please stick around. Look, I don’t want you to stay for me or for anyone else here. Please stay for yourself.

I’m wishing you well.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Thank you, everyone. I really do wish to stay.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well then stay...forever!!!! DK where has TryingSoHard gone, have you heard anything of her? I was only away a few weeks and can't find any of her posts?!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well it will come as no surprise to anyone here I'm on the hardarse team.

I'm not directing my post at anyone. Paul entitled his thread Torn so I'm guessing he is LOL

If anyone wants to sober and they're really trying to be, then I'll back their right to be here to the hilt. They can relapse 8 times a week and I'll still back them. I was there once - I wanted it but couldn't get it.

but if they're just here to hang out when the bars are shut...

I have no problem with what Donna said. Those of you who did might want to take a deep breath and read it again.

This is a recovery website, not a chat room. We owe it to each other to be honest.

DK you have to decide which team you're on, man.

D
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
but if they're just here to hang out when the bars are shut...

DK, for whatever it's worth, I don't think that this is what you are doing at all.

I know that if I didn't want to quit, I wouldn't hang around SR. I wouldn't even lurk. There is a reason you are still here. I believe in you.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I went to an AA meeting in 2000, i was asked by a guy when i had my last drink, as i was enquiring about buying a Big Book, i said last night...he chuckled and said maybe i should get a couple of weeks sober before i even thought about buying a Big Book. Now i know now this is the sort of **** that you should not listen to, only because i have a really good friend who has been sober for a long time and does AA, but i didn't at the time!

This stuff kills people and you don't just have to go out there for months, you can do years before you come back, for now i am blessed with a friend (sent by who the **** ever, maybe the aliens on the planet i don't know the **** where) in AA who still wants to meet for coffees and to listen to my crap, i dunno maybe she just wants to get in my pants but i feel it is more than that!

Last edited by yeahgr8; 04-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

What is going on here?

Do you have to think you might want to get sober?

Or say you want to get sober?

Or prove you want to get sober?

Or submit a bloodtest before you can post?

Since when do you get to vote whether someone else belongs here.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've re-read my post.

I can't see how I can't make it any clearer.

What you got out of it Bam and Cliff was not what I said - I would have thought you'd know me better than that.

I think DK gets me anyway.
Happy trails y'all.
D
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Dee I wasn't specifically aiming my post at anyone I'm just so shocked at the idea that some people belong here and some don't.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee, you right as usual:-)

Paul can you try and make some sense of all of this and understand that no-one wants you to leave, and try and give a post of where you are today and what you thinking? Do you want to go back out there again? If you do no probs but a post on it with some honesty pls with all you are feeling etc...:-)
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've re-read my post.

I can't see how I can't make it any clearer.

What you got out of it Bam and Cliff was not what I said - I would have thought you'd know me better than that.

I think DK gets me anyway.
Happy trails y'all.
D

Dee, my responses are based upon what I read. That phrase I picked out seemed implied. If that's not what you meant, I apologize.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

mmmm....well....

I guess i've decided that i don't know who wants to, needs to be sober...i don't know who SR can or can't help....

I've apparently missed the subtlties of everyones posts lol.....oh well

I just know that posting here helps me stay sober.

I think alot of the questions raised here are good questions for us to ask of ourselves, however...they are not really questions that I can know the answer for for another person. And of course if I am in the insanity that precedes the first drink???? my answers to those questions for myself would be suspect as well.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Dang.. I sho wuzn't tryin' to bring heat to this forum...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Jeez Phal which one are you in that screenshot?????? Reminds me of my fav game BIOSHOCK!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

well talking about resident evil 5 for either the playstation 3 or the xbox 360, yes i was very pissed at the prospect of having to play the game whilst looking after a 'partner' but it turns out the various interactions throughout the game are actually quite cool...so i apologise and must say it is indeed a game worthy of the consoles!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I bought res. evil 4 as part of a 3-pack about 3 months ago and have yet to play it.

I'm still behind the times...I have a ps2.