Blogs

Notices

Vivid Recovery

Old 07-26-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Result of personality test...

For me, every word here is true...those tests must work!

All Idealists (NFs) share the following core characteristics:

* Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships, and dream of attaining wisdom.
* Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic.
* Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.
* Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents, and inspirational leaders.

Idealists, as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working with people, and whether in education or counseling, in social services or personnel work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people. Idealists dream of creating harmonious, even caring personal relations, and they have a unique talent for helping people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. Such interpersonal harmony might be a romantic ideal, but then Idealists are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. The real, practical world is only a starting place for Idealists; they believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be realized, rich with meanings calling out to be understood. This idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "not visible" or the "not yet" that can only be known through intuition or by a leap of faith, is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.

Highly ethical in their actions, Idealists hold themselves to a strict standard of personal integrity. They must be true to themselves and to others, and they can be quite hard on themselves when they are dishonest, or when they are false or insincere. More often, however, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others; they cherish a few warm, sensitive friendships; they strive for a special rapport with their children; and in marriage they wish to find a "soulmate," someone with whom they can bond emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their complex inner worlds.

Idealists are relatively rare, making up no more than 15 to 20 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.

Princess Diana, Joan Baez, Albert Schweitzer, Bill Moyers, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mohandas Gandhi, Mikhael Gorbachev, and Oprah Winfrey are examples of Idealists.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Well we arrived in Boston without any scrapes lol The flight went well...no crying on take off this time It sure is a long flight though I will say. Im excited to be away from the house. Being here really brings out how much I was isolating at home. Hopefully when I return I will feel more like getting out and seeing people. We only had about 3 and a half hours sleep the night before we left so needless to say we were sleepy after getting here, but we still managed to go out to eat and chat some. Went to sleep about 11 or so and got up at 8:30 this morning. Im drinking my tea and wondering what the day holds, no plans as of yet. Hope everyone is doing well. HUGE :ghug
Old 08-07-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Its a beautiful sunny day here and it is the day of the wedding! YEAH! The weather couldnt be better. We went out for a unrehearsal dinner last night where we got to know the grooms family some more. It was fun. Yummy food, nice people, good conversation. There was quite a bit of drinking and I was uncomfy for a little while. Overall it did make me think of trying moderation but...not anytime soon so I dont really have to worry about it right now. Huzzy and I arent gettin along so well. Since we have been here he has been being sort of strange. Not really himself I guess. I cant quite put my finger on it. So that has been strange. I am having a fab time and he is a little off. I have tried not to concentrate too much on it though. Thinking I need to stay in my own hula hoop. It is hard to not try and bug him about what is going on. I did ask, he said nothing was up. I should let go right there. Not ask again, not be thinking about it. Wondering what he is doing, why he is feeling that way. But...its hard....its gonna take practice for sure. I just feel so seperate. In one way it feels good but in another I dont see how someone can have a relationship where they feel like this. I mean where is the connection?! I suppose that is maybe a chapter I havent came to yet. How to love your partner without letting go of your seperateness. Hard work I tell ya.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi VS! :ghug3
Old 08-07-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Viv! You're up near where I was born, I haven't been there in 40 yrs but I hear it's wonderful. Just be self-centered and enjoy the time for YOU.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

So apparently I followed me here. I am here with me on vacation. I wasnt feeling fab before we left and suprise all that is still right here with me. I cant put my finger on it. I dont feel motivated. I am sad. I am bored. How can you be bored on vacation? I guess its not really boredom really, there are alot of things to do, just that none of them seem appealing, because of my mood. I am doing my best to keep on the smiley face. What to do. I cant hide the entire time. Even going out to places seems painful as I am so disgusted by my weight right now and I feel like all these people are staring at my fat self. Bahhh....anyway...thats my vent for the day.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Just me...

Your beautiful just the way you are. Don't worry about what others think.