SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Vivid Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/174615-vivid-recovery.html)

lunarise 04-20-2009 10:34 AM

Poppy~ Thanks I will check out the site! Maybe I can exercise for 2 minutes a day! :rotfxko
Although I have my doubts as to what that will do for my waistline! hehe Try to remember that there is great information and support on the internet. I think it can be used to really enhance our lives if we use the tools that we learn on it. :ghug3

Uglyeyes~ Thank YOU too for giving me even more reminders about what fun it wasnt. Its always nice to be reminded so that I dont start selectively remembering things. I am definitely still going camping this year, I just will be sober enough to enjoy it. YEAH! :lightbulb I hope that you rediscover camping this summer too, after all if recovery is about anything its about how to rediscover our lost selves and the things we love doing!

lunarise 04-20-2009 08:13 PM

lalalalalala

Played some guitar and did some singing today...which was nice. I almost forgot what it was like. It soon brought back memories of a time when I was more healthy, before I started drinking.
Watering the garden this evening was great. Its very relaxing. Got the kitties in, huzzy is on his way home...prolly be here in about an hour. YEAH! Hes been gone a few days.

californiapoppy 04-21-2009 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by vividserenity (Post 2199928)
Poppy~ Thanks I will check out the site! Maybe I can exercise for 2 minutes a day! :rotfxko
Although I have my doubts as to what that will do for my waistline! hehe

I think the exercise program is for 15 minutes, but maybe you can start with just 2. I haven't really checked that one out yet, but I will this week because of the Spring break, everything stopped, no more volleyball practice and no more gym classes for 2 whole weeks, I'm going to have to do something! I have been doing some of the housecleaning things for 15 minutes, I can handle that. I've even shined my sink everyday
:c032:

Gypsy Feet 04-21-2009 05:48 AM

Haha, I think she was talking cleanercise! I did the weight watchers online thing for a year and lost 50ish pounds, was pretty cool. I really need fly ladies too.

Vivid~I am taking the $1500 I usually spend baby sitting drunks at the camp out and using it to go to yellowstone next month. I am super exited=) No tent, but I think I can suffer through a nice resort with a hot tub and pool for a week.

lunarise 04-22-2009 12:44 AM

Poppy~ I just dont think I could bring myself to shine my sink! I just couldnt! lol I did clean up quite a bit today yeah! I guess I sometimes dont mind it all that much. Just a motivation issue I guess. Usually once I get started its like dont get in my way! I am miss cleaning woman extraordinaire! lol As far as working out...I decided that if I am gonna do it it had better be fun! So I am gonna look into some Dance/Aerobics classes, Because I love to shake shake shake my booty! Have a fabulous Spring Break! :ghug3

eyes~ I loved Yellowstone...I worked there for a summer and had a blast. I just wouldn't recommend staying in Grants Village..trust me...I was a housekeeping supervisor there. (ewww) Anywho....sounds great...aghhh would love to go to a resort...maybe I will plan something soon myself.

Had a really good day today. i woke up late 1pm BUT I was very constructive! I made a needed phone call...did some homework...hung out with the huzzy.... cleaned the house some.... and it was beautiful here! Tomorrow I am gonna go to some of the Earth Day things they are having in town, after my counseling appt.
Huzzy was sober today which was great! I so do enjoy him when he is himself.

Still reading the Loving him..... book... WOW still! This is certainly going to be a life changing read. I LOVE those!

:ghug

lunarise 04-22-2009 12:45 AM

Phal~ Yes the coast! Maybe you can come down and we can teach you to surf! Lots of fun!

californiapoppy 04-22-2009 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by vividserenity (Post 2201976)
Poppy~ I just dont think I could bring myself to shine my sink!

:ghug

You don't know what your missing!
BTW the rice looks the same for the moment.

lunarise 04-22-2009 07:05 PM

Had a fab day! Went to counseling which went well...played Frisbee for a bit then had the most delicious drink EVER! It did not contain alcohol but was called Jungle Juice. Frozen Mangos, bananas, and pineapple juice! Heaven I tell ya! Plus i got a cookie that I whole heartedly plan to eat later! YUMMY!

Just made plans to stay a night at the coast this weekend! YEAH! I am excited to get out of my small little house in my small little town! Who knows if I am feeling frisky I may even go for a surf myself. Depends partly on the swell I guess.

Huzzy was gonna call some of his friends to invite them....but I know that they drink and I really dont want to be around alcohol yet. I am not ready. So I asked him not to. He didnt seem to have a problem not inviting them but I dont want all summer to be like this. I guess at some point I need to suck it up? I dont know, maybe it wouldn't be as uncomfortable as I think or maybe it will....I dont know...guess I just dont want to deal with it. Any opinions?

:whoop

Still love that little guy...I wish I could put him in every post but...he doesn't make sense in some of them...dang it anyway!

lunarise 04-23-2009 10:51 AM

Thanks Phal~

I am really lucky that he is as supportive as he is! It makes things much easier. Besides after dealing with my drinking, Im sure this is nothing!

So I actually went to bed at 11 last night! YEAH! and I slept till 930am BOOO! So I am going back to the Doctor in the morning. Just to double check that everything is ok. 10hrs ? Seriously? But on a happy note I did sleep "normal hours" YEAH!

and I decided that I am not doing anything today! nope nope ! :whoop

lunarise 04-23-2009 10:41 PM

Tomorrow huzzy and I are going to the coast for the night. I was really excited about going. I havent been feeling quite normal lately...tired alot...tire easily...throbbing heartbeat in my head and neck....lightheaded when I exert myself...

I know that I am probably borderline hypochondriac with some anxiety mixed in...If I feel off even if I sort of think its normal I go to the doc just to make sure. Anyway to the point..I made an appt for tomorrow morning. I guess the swell is also going to be goo din the morning so now huzzy and I are driving up separately. SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! I dont know why but this really irks me. That he wont wait. Ok I lie. I DO know why. For years when hes been smoking pot...it makes him SO selfish its sick. Didnt think about anyone but himself unless reminded to do so. I know I had some selfish in there to with my addiction...NO duobt. However this is my thread..... So ridiculous! I cant believe sometimes that something this small can set me off. Being that it its out of proportion to whats happening... Im sure that its partly my abandonment issues from my mom, and partly hurt because this would be a regular thing last summer. He couldnt wait so I would have to drive by myself. Things are different now....if I didnt have the appt he would leave a little later so that I could go to and not have to wake up like a zombie....but I have the Dr appt. Grrrrrr

I can know all this and know why its happening and still not be able to have peace or to keep it from raising my anxiety level. I am trying....I really am.

lunarise 04-23-2009 10:44 PM

PS Huzzy really is not a bad guy at all! His addiction however doesn't bring out the best in him. He has cut down a lot....but I still get to deal with how it affected me for years before this. :whoop

californiapoppy 04-23-2009 11:24 PM

Hey Viv, I used to periodically be irked at things for no really good reason at all, once I was so mad at my husband that I literally threw furniture out the door. It doesn't happen anymore. It just went away, could be hormones too I guess.
Don't dwell on it, make sure you have a good time anyway, you can!
OK, now since you wont be around this weekend either to babysit my rice, they are going to go 5 days without being spoken to. I'll be gone until Wednesday. I hope this doesn't affect our experiment. I'll give them an extra dose of love and hate today, and one when I get back home and hope it works out!

californiapoppy 04-23-2009 11:25 PM

Viv, what time is it? Are you in bed?:tapping

lunarise 04-24-2009 02:08 AM

Nope its now 207am and I am still up...
guess what I ate today....

CHOCOLATE
It was early though!
Geeeeeshhhh

:whoop

californiapoppy 04-24-2009 03:52 AM

Chocolate should put you in a good mood for your trip to the coast, and what's more you got lot's of sleep yesterday, so it's not all bad. Just try not to do it everyday, how about that?

stone 04-24-2009 04:02 AM

Hi Viv, I just saw this thread. So you are keeping a journal type thing too? Cool. :) Mine has really helped me this time around. Good luck with everything and I will pop by again and say "hi". :)

lunarise 04-25-2009 08:25 PM

Well well...

We had a fab time at the coast! Yes we drove separately and no it didn't kill me!

Arrived there and checked in with huzzy. Went to the local art gallery...they were showcasing local photographers work which was cool for me because I really havent had much aof a chance to look at others pix who are serious about photography. I think I may have even learned a few things! Lately also I have almost forbidden myself from using the auto setting..so YEAH!
Had lunch...went to the pool and sat in the hot tub...aggghhhhhhhhh
Went to dinner .... huzzy and I had amazing conversation. We talked alot about what it was like for him when I was drinking and how things are so much different now. He said that now he catches himself feeling very relaxed around me and it shocks him. I guess he used to get very tense when we hung out when I was drinking. I really dont blame him at all. Anywho...we both opened up some and really reconnected, it was great.

I am so glad to be home though. Sleep in my own bed...and play with the kitties....