Sorry guys, I'll make this brief

Old 04-04-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
Bingo! Staying in addiction treatment come hell or high water is my goal/mission/key point of my recovery. I completely forget about my slips, trips and back flips because why? Because the progress I have made in treatment far outweighs the so called 'backsliding'. My addiction treatment is not up for comparisons or measurement or judgment or scrutiny...by my peers. I'm not going through treatment to win some kind of popularity contest. Nor am I interested in some kind of funky international standard of recovery that tells me if I'm a winner or loser. I'm in treatment because I say so and so are you because you have said so. And that is that and its all good.

You ARE doing it Katie and good going dammit.

Wow, zencat. A thousand thank you's for this.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
Bingo! Staying in addiction treatment come hell or high water is my goal/mission/key point of my recovery. I completely forget about my slips, trips and back flips because why? Because the progress I have made in treatment far outweighs the so called 'backsliding'. My addiction treatment is not up for comparisons or measurement or judgment or scrutiny...by my peers. I'm not going through treatment to win some kind of popularity contest. Nor am I interested in some kind of funky international standard of recovery that tells me if I'm a winner or loser. I'm in treatment because I say so and so are you because you have said so. And that is that and its all good.

You ARE doing it Katie and good going dammit.
Thanks, zencat! I am going to be safe tonight, as the guy coming over here would NOT have it any other way. Nor do I want it any other way!

I start that treatment program Monday night. And that is that!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thinking of you, Katie. Be safe.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
mergirl

Where exactly does one find a guy to come over, I need a few

Old 04-05-2009, 02:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
Where exactly does one find a guy to come over, I need a few

In Arizona? Apparently !
Old 04-05-2009, 03:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Zen I said you had a lot to offer and that post proves to me that I was right, post more for me if not for you.

I have spent most of my life comparing myself to others (normally to my detriment) and I realise I have carried that over into my recovery!

Only I can judge how well I am doing (not too well in the recent past but a lot better now) what a relief.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh and Katie lots of good thoughts coming your way for Monday, send me one of those men if you have any spare.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Cool

Hey Katie09----

I was so glad to see/read that it looks like you've found a program that'll work for you, or at least a program that you can work for you.... (o:

In reading this whole thread this 'AM' -- I don't know where I've been for the last couple of days to miss this.....but, there are a couple of things you wrote that I feel I need to address (not negative for you Katie...just brought up some memories of when I was new to recovery.....

In your first post, you wrote, "...but for some reason things are getting worse, not better...," ---- I know the following has been floating around 'certain' recovery rooms for a long time.....BUT, I've found that it can cause more harm than good. Here it is tho.....(with my own ending....much better, I believe).....:

When I drink/use, I get drunk/high, and when I get drunk/high, my life goes down the crapper.....But if I DON'T drink/use, I WON'T get drunk/high; then my life gets 'BETTER.'

Boy Howdy, it's that last word ^%$^% me off, and it can be dangerous.....ie: along comes Katie09 wanting recovery, and she hears this little jingle....well, alrighty then, she thinks to herself, let's goforit.....! BUT, unfortunately, her life doesn't get better; it appears to be getting worse; all of which makes li'll ms katie09 feel like she's sold a load of (*!^)(&#%@$....and then, come all the li'll munchkins (some munchkins are not very nice, and they tell katie all the silly things that they had been told.....she wasn't working it right, she had the wrong HP.....blah d'blah, d'blah, d'blah.....well, katie, they were WRONG......just as my 'program' might get you drunk/high, yours might do the same for me....so, I rewrote that little piece to where it makes more sense to me; hope it does to you also katie; affirmations can be good, if they are the truth., and not something trying to become the truth.....well, here goes......:

When I drink/use, I get drunk/high, and when I get drunk/high, my life goes down the crapper.....But if I DON'T drink/use, I WON'T get drunk/high; then my life gets......(drum roll plz....) DIFFERENT!!!!!!! tada....!

Oh my goodness....I certainly can go on cain’t I.....typical ole lady (well, can’t remember anyone ever callin’ me a lad, but old.....? You betcha.....LOL

Just one more slight li’ll thing that I saw/read........oh crap; I can’t seem to find it; I thought sure I put it right here.....oh well. I believe you’ve mentioned in a couple of your posts that you do not with to offend.....well, in early recovery, if a person isn’t offended every time he/she turns around, well hmmmmm I dunnohhhhhh

When I was in early recovery I became offended by the least little thing, and I’m sure some folks took offense at some of the thing I had said, but I figured.....: they could just ’getoverit’ and so could I, and in time we’d become offense less.....LOLOL

Well (will miracles never cease), I guess that’s all I’ve got to say....oh yeh, just one more thing (in my best Columbo).....you just go, Katie, and go for you, not worrying about anybody else but you and your recovery (a little selfishness in early recovery can be a good thing----just not very pretty in someone who purports to be clean/sober; happy, joyous, and free/clean and serene. Ah well, not my thing to work someone program; I got enough on my plate as it is.....

You go grrl; just keep positive; believe me when I say that there are steps(sic); some kind of program you can work out that will allow you to be you and that will you to work it for you......and I promise you, Katie (and I don’t lie---least not on the important stuff), you CAN get sober/clean/whatever one wants to call it......you can do it, grrl, and don’t you allow anybody to tell you different...........even me............LOLOL

NoelleR
Old 04-05-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
Hey Katie09----

Boy Howdy, it's that last word ^%$^% me off, and it can be dangerous....
I completely agree. I think this is one of the most important things ever because if I believed that to be true everytime I felt like sh*t would be a perfect excuse to go back out and in early sobriety I gotta work through some stuff that just ain't that fun. The munchkins...I love that...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Zen I said you had a lot to offer and that post proves to me that I was right, post more for me if not for you.

I have spent most of my life comparing myself to others (normally to my detriment) and I realise I have carried that over into my recovery!

Only I can judge how well I am doing (not too well in the recent past but a lot better now) what a relief.
That's right. I believe there are those in recovery that know all too well what needs to be done to get better health. And one of the many things that helps us get there: is people that believe in us and support our efforts in addiction treatment.