Bear with me, folks. A further explaination...

Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm reading Eckhart Tolle right now and while I'm not sure how much I like it I just finished this passage and it says, while in a slightly new-age way, what I was trying to say before much more clearly:

From A New Earth p70-71

"All religions are equally false and equally true, depending on how you use them. You can use them in the service of the ego, or you can use them in the service of the Truth. If you believe only your religion is the Truth, you are using it in the service of the ego. Used in such a way, religion becomes ideology and creates an illusory sense of superiority as well as division and conflict between people. In the service of Truth, religious teachings represent signposts or maps left behind by awakened humans to assist you in spiritual awakening, that is to say, in becoming free of identification with form."
Old 04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

As this thread no longer has anything to do with:
Alternatives to 12 Step Recovery
LifeRing-Smart-SOS, CBT, Problem Solving, Self Management, Self-Empowerment, Rational Thinking, Positive Lifestyle Changes, Self Assessment, Commitment and Follow-Through, Self-Acceptance, Motives and Goals, Peer Support
it is getting the lock.