Blogs

Notices

OT: Do you take your reoccurring dreams seriously?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I take dreams seriously. I love analytical psychology, and have found invaluable insights by exploring my dreams
the beauty of recurring dreams is that they disprove the (skeptical) theory that dreams are simply the product of random nightime brain activity.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

BTW, if anyone is interested, Chiynita created a social group where we discuss dreams. You can find it here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/.../dreamers.html
Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
I dream very vividly....often it keeps me from being rested and refreshed from sleep.
Sometimes my mind is just processing the garbage of the too much input...other times it
reflects subconscious needs, fears, observations etc.

Twenty years ago I experimented with my dreaming and by focusing and fantasizing on what I wished to dream about...I would then pick that up and dream about it.

These days I am better off if I calm and clear my mind prior to sleep.
Oh gosh, this reminds me of something. Do you know anything about astral projection? I had the most interesting thing happen...my ex mother in law wrote me a letter. In it she said I visited her on the astral plane. I was in her house and looked for a jacket (a blue jacket). She told me this meant I was seeking protection on the astral plane. At the time, I was having a major issue with a coworker. At any rate, she quoted this whole thing almost verbatim. She also told me I was protected. There is no way she could have known about this. The timing was right when this whole thing was happening. I thought it was interesting Oh, and she is psychic and has done astral projection as well. Ok, a little OT, but sort of does fit in with the whole sleeping realm.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mattcake79 View Post
BTW, if anyone is interested, Chiynita created a social group where we discuss dreams. You can find it here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/.../dreamers.html
Oh, thanks. I didn't even know social groups existed.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nope, don't know anything about that.
My STXH used to tell me that he was able to travel and look upon himself in that manner several years earlier.
But I am only aware of the here and now secular realm.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Some of my most recurrent dreams follow a central premise. In one I'm digging in the basement of an old house. Along side me is an old man doing the same. As I uncover things like old bottles and such the old man is telling me stories of the things I dig up. Next I'm living the stories the old man is telling me. I feel part of those things that are uncovered in the digging. I feel uncovered and the old mans narrative is my life. All the wile I get a sense that I'm being discovered yet burred in the passing of time.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
Some of my most recurrent dreams follow a central premise. In one I'm digging in the basement of an old house. Along side me is an old man doing the same. As I uncover things like old bottles and such the old man is telling me stories of the things I dig up. Next I'm living the stories the old man is telling me. I feel part of those things that are uncovered in the digging. I feel uncovered and the old mans narrative is my life. All the wile I get a sense that I'm being discovered yet burred in the passing of time.
Wow, that is really pretty trippy. You must have a very confused mind Just kidding!!
I also dream that I have a house in another place - Walnut Creek, CA. I also used to have dreams of this other house that is hard to explain. Then I wake up and say - shoot! I have this house. Anyway, dreams that recur are very interesting, indeed.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Wow, that is really pretty trippy. You must have a very confused mind Just kidding!!
I also dream that I have a house in another place - Walnut Creek, CA. I also used to have dreams of this other house that is hard to explain. Then I wake up and say - shoot! I have this house. Anyway, dreams that recur are very interesting, indeed.
LOL they are...strange artifacts of the sub sonsofbitches...LOL
Old 03-28-2009, 12:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I get sleep paralysis sometimes...it can be scary. Fortunately, I'm used to it so I'm usually aware when it's happening and I can wiggle something small to snap out of it. When it happens while I'm going to sleep, I get it in my head that I'm dying. I can feel my body transitioning into sleep state. Ugh. This happens too often for my liking.

I think of dreams as my mind recycling garbage. Mine are very bizarre and sometimes vivid.

I like the flying ones, but they are rare and sadly, I haven't had one of those for a long time.

I used to have dreams with tornadoes, usually more than one tornado per dream, but the dreams were never the same. There was a common theme--I was usually with a group of people and we were, of course, trying to escape.

I've had a few lucid dreams, but I'm not good at controlling them so I get frustrated and wake up. Usually if I realize I'm dreaming (that's rare), I wake up. Curses! If I can take the time to practice (I always forget about it before I fall asleep)...shoot, I could explore the Universe! Now that would be some cool shiznit.

Last edited by Bamboozle; 03-28-2009 at 01:22 AM.