Blogs

Notices

Venting and being proud of myself

Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Venting and being proud of myself

I am house/dog sitting for a couple of people from my parents' church. They told me I was welcome to have friends over if I would like, because really, who wants to spend 4 days alone with a dog? I mean she's a good dog and all, but really.

I invited a friend (M) over, and I know she takes Loritabs recreationally. So when I told her she was welcome to come over and hang out, I specified there was to be no drugs or anything illegal at all. Later on she asked if it would be ok to invite another friend over (Z), who is flat-out addicted to Loritabs, and I again emphasized no drugs would be allowed. Not only am I trying to get all that out of my life, but this is not my house and I don't want a bunch of people over here high. M *likes* Z, and for this reason she supplies drugs to him by stealing them from her parents. She seems to think he likes her, but as far as I can tell he only is willing to be around her if she has pills.

Now for the fun part: she has spent the last 3 months telling me I am an idiot for buying drugs for my exBF, that I was enabling him, etc. All this is true, but I have been berated by someone doing exactly the same thing she was berating me about.

M invited Z over, we hung out for a while, they had some beer, and then, lo and behold, M opened a bottle of Loritabs and handed Z 4 of them. They had been planning on sleeping here since they were both drunk at this point, but I told them if they took the pills I would ask them to leave. They said "You wouldn't ask 2 drunks to drive home," and took the pills. I told them to pack up their bedding and belongings and leave. Then I had to make that decision stick, but it finally worked and they stumbled out the door and drove off (and for the record I told them they were welcome to sleep in the driveway; it was completely their choice to drive home drunk. But I feel like if they got DUI charges I would laugh at them, right to their faces).

I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I basically no longer have any friends in town so that kinda sucks but oh well I guess. M seems to think I'm mad that she broke plans with me so she could continue doing drugs with Z. Honestly, I don't care about the plans. I can sit and watch movies with her, or with the dog, and it does not really change my night significantly (in fact, if I don't have to hear her rather obnoxious voice, my evening is improved). I am furious that she ignored me when I told her I did not want drugs in the house (she never passed the message along to him, but I did warn him before he took the pills), and highly annoyed that she tried to turn it into my fault, among other things.

Going to make a sandwich and watch my movie now. I feel a lot better for having kicked them both out.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I proud of ya gneiss. Way to stick to your guns. :ghug3
Old 03-17-2009, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Proud of you Gneiss. Hope you are enjoying your movie.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Wow, Gneiss, VERY proud of you! That took a lot of courage.

Shame on her. You did good.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good for you for getting rid of them.

but why would you invite two known addicts to hang out in an empty house with you together? just specifying that they not bring pills means you knew what you were getting yourself into. you know addicts will bring their drugs everywhere, i mean everywhere, right?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

Good job Gneiss. waty to stick to your guns.
At least you showed a little empathy for them by not calling the cops and reporting them for DUI.
Maybe the friendship is salvageable but M was totally disrespectful and doesn't really deserve a friend that is as nic as you.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks guys! Not sure I actually want to salvage that friendship.

Zx... M is not an addict, but she does them occasionally which is why I told her no drugs and didn't worry about it. She has no apparent trouble not taking drugs whenever she wants. Though, if she keeps up I can definitely see her headed down that path. It seems fair to say Z is addicted to the pills, which M provides, and M is addicted to Z.

She told me she did not have any pills on her, which was obviously incorrect. Z rarely has drugs on him because M doles them out 3 or 4 at a time to him. If she handed him a full bottle she wouldn't see him for a week or so until he wanted more so she only gives him a few at a time so she can ensure he has to be "friends" with her. I kinda started to suspect she might have offered him pills when he agreed to come over, but I always prefer to wait for the evidence before getting mad at someone.

I dunno about bringing drugs everywhere though. I usually left mine at home and did them before I went somewhere and/or when I got home. Who wants to get pulled over with Class 1 narcotics in your car?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I didn't leave mine at home, but I always took the prescription bottle with me. Then again, I also had no problem driving a couple hours to the local amusement park for half a day and wouldn't want to be without my pills that long.

On the other hand, I was also smart enough to pull over at a hotel parking lot when they hit if I was on the road.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
I didn't leave mine at home, but I always took the prescription bottle with me. Then again, I also had no problem driving a couple hours to the local amusement park for half a day and wouldn't want to be without my pills that long.
Mine were street drugs, so Rx bottles weren't much use. Even the few times I have taken Rx drugs, it was not my prescrip so I still would have been out of luck. And I rarely did drugs before 5:00 or 6:00 in the evening. Once I was done with class/work for the day I'd light up, but I never liked going to class high and I think there are enough meth heads where I was working that I didn't want to chance it. I was going to give a fuller account but I realized I was basically writing a manual on how to get away with it. No dice.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Congrat's, Gneiss! Sometimes the company of dogs is far superior to that of humans.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks DK. I'm getting to the point where I prefer my dog to most people.