SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Nothin' Like... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/171824-nothin-like.html)

doorknob 03-16-2009 08:58 AM

Nothin' Like...

Ever since I was a kid, I've gotten a kick out of having a new pair of shoes. I just bought a pair of Merrell hiking boots on eBay. My last couple of pairs have been Walmart specials. These are spendy boots if you buy them at the store, but I got them for about the cost of 2-3 Walmart specials. I set them up on my eBay scale and just admired them for a few days, lol.. but I just threw them on. I've been wearing Sorel snow boots since the beginning of winter, so these things feel like ballet slippers in comparision. Nothin' like new kicks! :lmao:

desertdonna 03-16-2009 09:03 AM

I have Merrel's, too, Paul. They're sweet compared to the clunkers I was wearing for a few years.

Ah, the little things in life...

Have a good one.

Hugs,

Donna

doorknob 03-16-2009 09:13 AM

Hiya, Donna! That's good. :) I'd hate to turn up on some whiner thread in a few days crying about how my feet hurt, lol... I used to love Hi-Tec boots, wore out pair after pair, then ended up with some that hurt me feet, and have been scared to buy them again ever since. My mom is an avid hiker and I noticed that she has a pair, so I figured I'd give 'em a go. And they look really cool! :bling:

Believe808 03-16-2009 09:17 AM

Never owned Merrel shoes, but I see them on people and like the way they look. Maybe I will go on ebay to find a pair. Have a great day and enjoy your new shoes. Ah the little pleasures of life when we are sober.
Love ya, Donna
:Val004:

doorknob 03-16-2009 09:22 AM

Thanks, Donna! :D

Ah the little pleasures of life when we are sober.
That's what I was thinkin'... if anybody cares to share any others. :)

Ananda 03-16-2009 10:39 AM

eeeeks.....now my small pleasure is my sexy high heel shoe collection.....and no...they are NOT comfortable...but I love the way they make me feel :dance1:

Fubarcdn 03-16-2009 11:14 AM

I absolutely hate new shoes. I have one pair of runners and one pair of dress shoes. The dress shoes are 20 years old as I only wear them to weddings and funerals.
The runners I wear until they wear out.
No winter boots for me. Everywhere I want to go is accessible through the underground tunnels and subway.
I love the urban jungle. :)

Sara9009 03-16-2009 11:55 AM

Congrats on your new comfy shoes.

For some reason I am really not a shoe person and wear the same pair of Birkenstocks year round. My Mom almost flipped her lid when I put them on to go out when it was snowing. So I had to go look for another pair of shoes and the only ones I could find were these high heels boots that I bought for my Nephews Pirate Birthday Partly. LOL. Needless to say I left wearing the Birkenstocks.

stone 03-16-2009 12:52 PM

I used to wear Hi-tec boots all the time too. :)

I recently got some fancy Nike trainers I still get a kick out of them...Pegasus GTX baby. :cool:

doorknob 03-16-2009 01:15 PM

I can't believe I'm posting a picture of my shoes... :lmao

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...1/IMG_2691.jpg

Latte 03-16-2009 01:56 PM

I am wearing my new pair of Uggs right now. My feet love me for the nice soft insides and they go with my Carhartts and my sweats.

I also might have a small jacket problem..I love jackets, sweatshirts, pullovers....ahhhhhh....

doorknob 03-16-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sara9009 (Post 2151324)
For some reason I am really not a shoe person and wear the same pair of Birkenstocks year round.

It won't be long an I'll be living in my sport sandals till it snows again. :)

PaperDolls 03-16-2009 01:59 PM

When I get new shoes I can run really fast!

I want Merrel's too but I'm not spendy enough.

doorknob 03-16-2009 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by PaperDolls (Post 2151534)
When I get new shoes I can run really fast!

I want Merrel's too but I'm not spendy enough.

I got these for 54 bucks with shipping. They seem like they'll outlast a couple of the cheaper pairs I've been getting at Wallyworld.

doorknob 03-16-2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Latte (Post 2151526)
I am wearing my new pair of Uggs right now. My feet love me for the nice soft insides and they go with my Carhartts and my sweats.

I had to look those up... those are made in Dee's neck of the woods. :D

Latte 03-16-2009 02:16 PM

My DH feeds my sweatshirt habit..he bought me a Fordcares hoodie, his reasoning..it supports Breast Cancer research. I love that man.

PaperDolls 03-16-2009 02:17 PM

If I had the choice, I wouldn't wear shoes very often.