Blogs

Notices

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Resident

Why don't you change it if you don't like it Ananda. I changed mine to resident. It is under edit your details unless there is something different about yours.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
OK....i hate htis...why does my avie say "cured member" I didn't do it and it looks about as arragant and stupid as can be

HEEHEEHEE! Cured member... *snicker*

Think gutter, and snicker along with me. (Can you tell I just pulled another night shift?)
Old 03-27-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

thanks fubar! I didn't know how

I'm not here (runs and hides)
Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I thought "cured member" was on purpose, I was impressed! Who could have done that to you? Oh-oh, gremlins !
Old 03-27-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I guess it's the default after a certain number of posts....and i suspect they meant like bacon...cured (aged).... lol

I love bacon (grin)
Old 03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

nanda I too love bacon YUMMY!

Checkin in with the peeps seeing whats up.....

Have an insane idea..wondering what ya all think about it....

I was thinkin about maybe trying to get a sponsor.....no ..I am not joining aa.... will be no steps involved unless its me dancing a jig ...... lol

I basically would like someone who has quite a bit of sober time to support me and give me a whack when needed... lol I figure the more support the better. I do get alot of support here but really...honestly I feel out of the loop alot and only with a few peeps does it really feel personal... the other I guess unconventional thing would be that it would basically be an online thing....errr possibly phone too.

Something I have been thinkin about.....

What do ya all think?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:23 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Well having 'friends' in recovery...some very personal and they follow the AA line and all that....is cool. Sure I see things my way and theirs no bones about that...yet plenty of support as they get me and where I'm coming from....you know off center circling around points unknown.

It really comes down to having people I see on a regular basis...kinda a check-in thing...they see me sober..they look sober to me...Its cool.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Never settle.

A reprieve!! Assuming our alleged 5-8" snowfall does not materialize, which I doubt it will, I am going to that banquet tomorrow. And best of all: ex won't be there!!! Yay!!! Sadly, his mom has cancer and will be having surgery (so he claims... I know she has cancer but honestly, if he's lying about the surgery, it is a lie I will gratefully accept). Having him and a cash bar was going to be tough. And I didn't want to see him drink, either. He has enough problems, a relapse would be bad news.

The thing is, he's really been quite supportive of me getting c/s and I try to be supportive of him (he tends to have more trouble saying no, I think, and it is hard to watch him relapse when I'm doing ok). I think in our phone call this week we actually laid the grounds for a civilized friendship, eventually. But... I'm not done being sour grapes yet.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:12 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Viv...hope you don't mind my 2 cents worth...

As you probably know I "do" AA and 12 steps in a godless manner....but i started in the program and with trying to be sober in 85 and my expereince is that the sponsorship that helped me the most in my recovery was the woman who i asked to be my sponsor and it ended up we were friends. It's like i didn't think i deserved a friend, but i could ask someone to be my sponsor...

ok and this probably doesn't belong here, but i'm struggling a little with sorting things out cause my sponsor in AA wants me to sponsor people, and i don't feel i can do that in the context of what sponsorship means in this area at this particular time...what i can do is be a suportive person and sometimes a supportive friend to others in recovery...thats really all I feel I need to be.

Anyhow...you made me think...thx viv (hug)
Old 03-28-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hi checking in, but I will be gone until Wednesday, I'm warning you so you don't worry, no one needs those "negative vibes". While I'm gone, I hope you'll all behave yourselves, cause I hope to find SR Secular in good shape when I get back. Of course you can still be fiesty, otherwise is no fun. Catch you later!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Resident

Have a nice break CP. See you when you get back. thanks for letting us know so we don't have to worry about you.
I will be here as usual. Sigh. No trip for me.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Well, great to see mucho activity in the secular forum. I've been lurking lots but haven't posted hardly at all.

Glad to say I'm feeling way better than a few months ago, not drinking and all that. Hopefully I'll get it right this time.

Spring is almost here and I'm looking forward to a sober year, and beyond.

Keep well

Ron
Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Will miss you CP and thanks for letting us know.

Viv - I am not in AA and don't have a sponsor of any kind but I think if you are thinking it might help you should give it a try (what do you have to lose?).. and maybe like Nans has had happen you will find support and a friend.. From reading around SR it sounds like sponsor-type relationships have happened here.. For me I have tried so many different approaches to sobriety and some work, and some don't - but now my feeling is that it is all worth a try and we each come up with our own "mosaic" of a program and hopefully stay sober.

I really love this forum..
Have been having good journal writing and sobriety reading time lately and feel like it is reinforcing my program a lot..

:ghug
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to our little corner Mongo. It is good to see a fellow Canadian here.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Thanks for the responses to my ?
Appreciate it mucho!

:ghug
Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by vividserenity View Post

I was thinkin about maybe trying to get a sponsor.....no ..I am not joining aa.... will be no steps involved unless its me dancing a jig ...... lol

What do ya all think?
OMG, VS. I'm sorry, I kinda glazed over that question. My apologies.

I have someone who kinda acts like my "sponsor." He has been clean for 13 years now, and whenever I have trouble I give him a call. He'll talk me through rough spots and such, at any time of the day or night. As much as I hated turning over control/responsibility for a little while, I really leaned on him a lot through the first weeks of recovery and it was tremendously helpful. I think it's a fantastic idea!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Random post because it's cold and snowing outside and I'm bored. I've basically been sitting on SR and Facebook all day. I am at work with absolutely nothing to do and I can't leave for another 40 minutes. My posts have gone from "hopefully useful" to "verbose and babbly, but hopefully useful" and now, with this post, just "babble." *Shrug* Maybe they were all babble anyway, I only noticed once I started reading them more than once.

Anyone out there? *Echo*
Old 03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Hi Gneiss! Hope your day gets better hehe...I am buggin right now...taking this photography class and went out and tried to take some pictures...balhhh i still dont know what Im doing...

:ghug3
Old 03-28-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I used to do photography. Loved it. Was never good at it, but just like playing pool and ice skating, I did it anyway. Thanks for the shout out! Good luck.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vividserenity View Post
Hi Gneiss! Hope your day gets better hehe...I am buggin right now...taking this photography class and went out and tried to take some pictures...balhhh i still dont know what Im doing...

:ghug3
Is it a black and white class? I used to be really into photography, miss developing and doing my own prints....plus it was a blast just listening to music and hanging out with classmates in the lab.