Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Thanks Zen I needed that.
I have been working on my tolerance so I have been reading every post in every section to see what my reaction is, why I react that way, and then try to put myself in the posters shoes and try to figure out why they would post that both intellectually and emotionally.
It is helping me become more tolerant but it is hard to not respond and defend the person that is clearly under attack.

Anyways I needed to see something more positive and that group hug did the job.
After I get this tolerance thing under control I think I will stick to the secular section and my 2 support threads.

Can we do another group hug? :ghug
I hope you're not doing yourself more harm than help reading all that... I've been staying on the secular side almost exclusively recently. I saw some rather cruel posts. Over here you all seem so nice and understanding, I hope the "SR funk" that some of you have been experiencing goes away quickly. I haven't noticed anything in "secular" (except that Spark disappeared....) that would give me "SR Funk", ok, I haven't been here long, but it's a nice place for me !:ghug3
Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Resident

It is scary and sometimes it does affect my mood and opinion of SR but then I come back here to secular and to my class thread and everything seems so much better.
It is kinda like being a storm chaser.
If it gets too much I will just stop reading there and maybe even use the dreaded ignore button again. So so far it is helping me with the things I know I need to work on.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Well great if it helps for something. I got bored this afternoon and read Bam's thread Compassion and whatever....well, I can handle it, but I don't like it, and I don't think it helps me any, so I'll stay here, but we need more to read. I just finished "A separate peace" too, I'd never read it before, thanks to someone's post I decided I should. It made me cry, I'm a softie I guess...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, secular people. I do like this section.

I hope spark comes back.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Resident

I would like a separate piece of pie or maybe some of that cyber cheesecake that was up here or maybe just a spoon of real sugar or 7 in my coffee.
I will be strong though. No OS relapse. I am on day 3 and the pressure of having to keep the chart is taking it's toll.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Talking

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post
Tenderness, acceptance, support, kindness, .. these are the things that are healing me and keeping me sober and I get them all from YOU

thanks!
That helps me too and plenty of these as well :ghug
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Fubar, come to the dork side. We have pi.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Never settle.

2-and-a-half weeks along. Going strong. Not interested in drugs even mildly. Even with all the bf drama and everything!!!! My only issue is that I have this chemical taste in my mouth that is strongly reminiscent of meth. Asked a friend and he told me he gets the taste in his mouth occasionally as well, and he's been clean for 13 years. But even with that taste I have no interest in it. Last time I hit the 2-and-a-half week mark I was crying nonstop because I wanted more and it was torture. Well, now I'm ok. It's going to be good. Stay away from ex and alcohol and I don't seem to want it. Geez... had I known it was this easy I would have dumped him ages ago!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

WOW...
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Gneiss that was a very fine geek joke.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yo!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

How are you doing, suki?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Gneiss that was a very fine geek joke.
I'm glad someone noticed. I tell some bad jokes, but a little mercy applause is always appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
2-and-a-half weeks along.
I looked at my calendar wrong. Make that 3 weeks. A full 21 days today. I don't keep track of how many days. It does not especially help me to focus on how long it has been since I took drugs. It just makes me think, "Man, it's been a while... a long while... I'd really like some dope right now." So instead of inspiring me, it sorta pulls me back down. I think my brain might be wired strangely.

Plus, even though I still don't want meth or alcohol I realized I'm still probably not free of it. Obviously, right? I was 8 weeks along when I had my evening of fun with dope and the police 3 weeks ago. And I realized this when I re-read my post just now:

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Last time I hit the 2-and-a-half week mark I was crying nonstop because I wanted more and it was torture.
Truth told I spent about 3 hours BAWLING yesterday. I really don't want more dope but ever since breaking up with my bf, which was about a week after my relapse, I've had some pretty rough days. Every time I have cleaned up I get insanely emotional for weeks. I didn't expect it this time. It was one night of stupidity, but emotionally it does not seem to matter, I have these insane ups and downs just like I did every other time. The good news is that I see it now and knowing it's the meth talking helps me realize I'm not crazy (I'm just a little unwell, as the song goes. Am I the only one who finds strange meanings in songs post-addiction?)
Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I'm here and very farty today.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:27 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you Windy!

You know....I love all the joking, laughter is great medicine by all accounts...but I always seem to get in trouble.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks for the update, windy.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Windy, have you ever lit your farts?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

dmn....i hate it when i get behind the ball here! then i feel out of the loop...and of course then the weekends when i'm here alot and everyone else is out doing real world stuff

overslept...supose to leave for work in 3 minites...not suppose to do SR at work grumble grumble grumble..

Am i setting myself up for a bad day?

Glad your all hear the little bit of the posts i got to read made me feel the closeness..but i just don't quite feel like i'm in the circle of love at the momnet...

I'll be back....probably when i'm not supose to be like at work....
Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

OK....i hate htis...why does my avie say "cured member" I didn't do it and it looks about as arragant and stupid as can be