SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Upset stomach: sick or subsconcious? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/170418-upset-stomach-sick-subsconcious.html)

TryingSoHard 02-28-2009 07:48 AM

Cookies and ice cream for breakfast?! My 6-year old would love to hang out with you, Bam! :lmao I almost always skip breakfast. I know, bad girl. Well, actually, I have caffeine for breakfast, either in the form of coffee or Diet Coke.

Hey Bam, do you have Chik-Fil-A where you live? The food is really good and it's the "best of the worst" as far as fast food nutrition goes. Their chicken sandwiches only have something like 9 grams of fat (I forget the calories and salt, but overall it's really quite reasonable). If you can manage to do grilled chicken, you're looking at almost NO fat. I'm a big fan of their chicken strip salad, too, but I just read an article saying that if you use the whole packet of dressing (which I NEVER do) it's actually one of the worst fast food salads you can buy. :( That hurt!

Man, every so often Men's Health does an article on the 20 Worst (whatever foods) and there's a link to it on *****. Talk about being scared straight! UGH. 20 Worst Appetizers - the #1 appetizer on the list was one of my all-time favorites: the cheese fries at Outback. When I saw how many calories and fat grams were in it I almost fainted.

Ok that was a nice off-topic ramble! ;) It's ok, it's Saturday morning. Oh, they're saying we're going to get SNOW this afternoon and tonight. :wtf2 I HATE THIS. It was 65 yesterday, and there's possible SNOW today? That's just not right. Oh well, whenever they put it in the official forecast it never happens so we're probably safe. LOL

My caffeine buzz is kicking in, can you tell? :lmao It's a combination of that and giddiness from lack of sleep. I stayed up far too late watching Girl, Interrupted and finishing a book, then of course Li'l Man came in my room at 6:56 a.m. I managed to get him to snuggle and watch tv until 8:30 but that was it. I will be going to work in about another hour, then I will come home WITHOUT GOING TO THE LIQUOR STORE and figure out what to do with the kids for the rest of the day.

Sara9009 02-28-2009 08:45 AM

Yay! I am glad you didn't make the dreaded stop.

I have a list of what I call sleepy movies that I watch over and over and Girl Interrupted is on it... good movie.

I hope you don't get any snow?

What book are you reading? I just got a few from Amazon and think I am going to start Stolen.

TryingSoHard 02-28-2009 09:30 AM

Just made it in to work. Usually the "liquor store" idea hits me after I've been here about an hour. We'll see how today goes. I'm going to try really hard to concentrate on inventory and just let the time pass.

We *never* wind up getting snow when it's forecasted. Never. It ALWAYS misses us to the north. We get snow when they FAIL to predict it. I looked at the radar, though, and it is a pretty big front so I dunno if this one will swing far enough north. I'm kind of dreading the grocery. I know it's going to be busy.

I just finished I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max. It's freaking HILARIOUS. Next I'll either move on to a Laurie Notaro book I got for Christmas or I'll start reading Twilight again. What's Stolen?

Sara9009 02-28-2009 10:52 AM

Hmmm... maybe I should wake up a little more before I post in the morning. It's actually named Sold.

Amazon.com: Sold: Patricia McCormick: Books

I was going to read the Tucker Max book and started flipping through it on Amazon and was thinking where did I read this.... then I realized it was on his blog a while back. It was pretty hilarious. I am sure there is a lot more in the book.

I purchased a few others:

Dry
The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Non-Smokers Using Allen Carr's Easyway Method
This Republic of Suffering: Death and the American Civil War

I hope the grocery store isn't too crazy.

TryingSoHard 02-28-2009 01:31 PM

The grocery store wasn't as bad as I feared it would be (but it was busier than it should have been). We now have a LOVELY combination of sleet and snow coming down. It was all sleet but about 10 minutes ago a few snowflakes started getting mixed in. Just great. Nothing like having roads covered in ice pellets and slush in a city that gets snow once or twice a year and has no equipment to deal with it.

I worked. I replaced the fish. I went to the grocery. I came home. No liquor store, and I AM NOT going back outside AT ALL today!

ETA: Yeah, about half of Tucker's book is listed in the Stories section of his site. There were just as many that I hadn't read as ones that I had. That man is sick and perverse and WRONG, but man his stories are funny.

Mariposa18 02-28-2009 01:40 PM

Ahh, I missed your answer! lol Yep, it's Happy Gilmore =) I love that movie, it makes me laugh my butt off!

Glad to hear you are home safe =)