Here I go again

Old 02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

glad you are feeling better bam.....you can do this deal (hug)
Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I called the office...my doc won't be back in for sure until next week...but he might pop in before then. Regardless, I have to wait for him or the office to call back. I may have to go to another appointment for an evaluation before he can refer me. So be it. I hope I can make it.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

At least I'm doing something about this now...I've put it off for far too long.

I did go for help years ago before my drinking got out of control...but I was put-off by the psychiatrist. I felt uncomfortable...he started writing out a prescription right away and I had to ask a bunch of questions...namely, what if this doesn't work? I didn't like the answers so I walked out...probably the worst descision I ever made in my life.

I can't undo it.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats on making it through yesterday w/o drinking!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I don't get it...I've gotten some really good news this week:

1.)(At least physically speaking,) my heart is fine

2.)Income tax returns came in

3.)All fees from one of the hospitals were completely waved. That saves me close to $2000.

Essentially, it was like hitting the lottery this week...only...........................I still don't feel good. This is going to be a really long weekend. I'm complaining again. Sorry.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's where we come into it Bam....stay close!

D
Old 02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

bam (hug)

alot of times my mood has absolutely nothing to do with the obvious stuff that happens around me.......

We are here and you can whine....you let us (hug)
Old 03-01-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Well...I bought a bottle last night. I haven't cracked it open, though. It's sitting there...

I feel so mixed up...I wanted to buy it so I bought it. I felt better after I bought it...relieved, actually....like it's a safety net (I know, one with holes big enough to fall through).

I don't know why I'm telling anyone this...I thought about disappearing from SR for a while...but I've done that before.

It's funny...I had a really calm talk with my mom last night about it. I didn't hide the bottle from her at all...she asked me if I was going to drink the whole thing tonight. I told her no...in fact I probably wasn't going to touch it that night (and I didn't). I told her about seeing the beer all the time in the house and honestly how hard it is to abstain when everyone else around here is still drinking. I also told her I don't expect her to change her ways...it's her house and she's an adult...and I also said I don't expect anyone here to understand...and that's just the way it is. I also said that I believe that I need to find a way to save enough money so that I can move out.

Compared to where I was before--in a town where the booze and beer practically flowed down the streets...I'm at a good place.

It's safer here, but it's not safe enough.

I know it's time for me to move on...there's this pesky thing called money that's getting in the way.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I hope you throw the bottle out today an don't drink it bam....but

What a wonderous thing that you were able to sit down and camly talk to your mom about all of that! I cannot tell you how many times after I knew i was an alchoholic and that drinking was not gonna be a good idea i felt i had to get drunk in order to say what i needed to say to someone........

This can be a major step forward for you, if you can NOT drink that bottle and throw it out.....Wanna give it a try?

:ghug
Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I don't know what I'm going to do with it, ananda.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm confused...I don't know if I want to quit.

I know I shouldn't drink. I know that. There's no doubt in my mind that I have a problem (well, several problems).

But there's a big part of me that doesn't want to give this up.

I'm on SR pretty much everyday...and I read a lot of posts from people who have solidly beaten this thing...they have no desire to drink...none of that nonsense. I don't know how they do it...I'm not them. I feel differently...and I’ve always felt this way. That’s probably why I’ve relapsed time and again.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Process of illimination...what do you NOT want to do with it?

Sorry bam...gonna push you on this one...through it out. It just isn't worth it.

I know you have access to other alchohol..it's more about what that particular bottle means to you.....I don't know about you, but for me symbols are important.....I'de definately get rid of it
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I've been here for almost a year...I lurked for several months before I joined.

I'm not "getting it" like other people here have.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I'm confused...I don't know if I want to quit.

I know I shouldn't drink. I know that. There's no doubt in my mind that I have a problem (well, several problems).

But there's a big part of me that doesn't want to give this up.

I'm on SR pretty much everyday...and I read a lot of posts from people who have solidly beaten this thing...they have no desire to drink...none of that nonsense. I don't know how they do it...I'm not them. I feel differently...and I’ve always felt this way. That’s probably why I’ve relapsed time and again.
well bam...You know i don't fight it every day, but you know i fight it at times...I don't think it will be a daily battle for you forever...If you are still in a good enough place to do it, focus on what are the things about being sober that you DONT WANT TO GIVE UP.....see if that helps.....

A month ago, hell 2 weeks ago, I was ready to say what the heck life scks...a drink would be good....I didn't and now things are better...if i had drank...well yeah there are tons of holes in that net....like you said.

I was thinking yesterday as I watched some people trying to be safe....real life is walking the wire without a safety net...course if you need one for now....let us be that for you :ghug
Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I've been here for almost a year...I lurked for several months before I joined.

I'm not "getting it" like other people here have.
After my last 8 year run on alchohol...I went to AA for a year before I got sober.....As soon as you know you are alchoholic...as soon as you know you are ... you are already starting to recover....you'll never go back to where you were...cause you can't unknown...

Your looking for something in a bottle that isn't gonna be there for you anymore....

Take our hand and walk on through this bam (hug)
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
I know you have access to other alchohol..it's more about what that particular bottle means to you.....I don't know about you, but for me symbols are important.....I'de definately get rid of it

Even if I threw away what I bought, yeah.......I could tear into the 12-pack my mom bought last night while we went out shopping...or finish off the last of what's left of her booze. It's always around. Always. She doesn't have a problem herself, but she does like to have a drink every now and again.

I wish I would have had the idea to stop when I was living in that other place...the thought never crossed my mind. Wait, that's not true. I did quit for one week once...and that was because I thought I called someone important when I had a blackout. After I knew everything was okay I started up again.

I'm not at the point that everyone else is at. I can't get there...I don't know how. I have no peace in my mind about this at all.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Your looking for something in a bottle that isn't gonna be there for you anymore....

I have, my entire life, been looking for something that just isn't there for me. It never was about finding a solution...it was about looking for some relief.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm arguing with you, nands. I just need to get this crap out. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't. I do appreciate you listening.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Aw bam....where you are at in the process is alright...we each feel inadqeuate to the task in different ways...some just don't show it or admit it....You've made huge progress and you are inspiring a lot of people...the peace of mind comes and goes.....man...it sure means a lot more to me when i see one who isn't exactly having an easy time of it and they go on anyways.

You can be proud of where you are at...and I do believe that there is someone out there who someday is gonna need to know how you got through this today in order for them to survive.

hang on bam we all are right here with you in our hearts even if we aren't all at the keyboard at the moment
Old 03-01-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I would never be mad at you for sharing the truth of your expereicnes Bam

(well ok I would, but thats just cause i'm human and you knw....we get bent sometimes)

What you are doing right now is EXACTLY it...you are sorting and speaking WITHOUT an ounce of alchohol in your system.....JEEEEZ thats huge!!!!!

I have friends I watch not do this and it just kills me...I mean I want you to feel better...but your right this getting it out..admitting to why you aren't buying into something...thats improtant...

Keep talking bam...get it all out
Old 03-01-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

You've made huge progress and you are inspiring a lot of people...You can be proud of where you are at...and I do believe that there is someone out there who someday is gonna need to know how you got through this today in order for them to survive.

That's a very sweet thing to say, ananda.

Honestly...I don't want anyone to see me relapse and think it's okay for him/her to relapse, too. I know I can't stay sober for anyone except for myself, but I do know that every word that I write can impact someone. I'm scared of the responsiblity attached to that...and I don't think I can live up to it. I understand that the individual ultimatley decideds what to do...and that no one person can force that individual into using. But....we are social beings...and our actions do impact others.