# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((SS))))

echoing DK - do what ya gotta to keep yourself together k

D
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

SS...just wanted to let you know .... i am alot like your boyfriend

I know it's tough to deal with, maybe just look at if whats good exceedes whats problematic and start thinking if you want to deal with it and if so how...you need to have your own sanity in the long run.

You can't change him....so its really is it or isn't it what you want in your life and how do you deal...

Ok repeating my self....

(hugs) let me know if i can help.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I’m sorry I missed this thread for a couple of days.

SS...I hope you don't mind me asking...but have you flat out talked to him about him getting some help for himself? Maybe you already posted about that and I missed it (so I’m sorry if you already covered it), but it seems to me like he's in denial/doesn’t think anything’s wrong with him about his own stuff. It’s nearly impossible to deal with anyone who doesn’t take care of his/her mental health…just my experience.

I'm really sorry this crap has been heaped upon you. If he brings up the issue of schooling again, perhaps a gentle reminder about how the past is over and done with ...and what's important is the good and hard work you are doing right now to move your life forward. That’s all you can do. Working on sobriety and school and your personal life is a lot to deal with. A LOT.

I hope that he gets help for himself soon so that your journey can become more pleasant. Big hugs.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
SS...I hope you don't mind me asking...but have you flat out talked to him about him getting some help for himself? Maybe you already posted about that and I missed it (so I’m sorry if you already covered it), but it seems to me like he's in denial/doesn’t think anything’s wrong with him about his own stuff. It’s nearly impossible to deal with anyone who doesn’t take care of his/her mental health…just my experience.

I hope that he gets help for himself soon so that your journey can become more pleasant. Big hugs.
I have been riding his butt to get into therapy and REAL care- not just slap-dash scrip writing- for ages. He's got an appointment with a therapist next week; he implied yesterday he wasn't going to use it now that all his problems are solved (right). I asked him to please go anyway. But if someone isn't ready/willing to work with a therapist, odds are it's not going to help much, I know.

Grr. I have this sinking, irritated feeling in the pit of my stomach and I don't know how to make it go away. I'm glad I have to work tonight.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

SS, I know that feeling *exactly* and I despise it. I hope it goes away soon. *hugs*