SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   It's been a while (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/169729-its-been-while.html)

TryingSoHard 02-18-2009 09:03 PM

It's been a while

...since I could honestly say I wanted to drink.

Tonight, I honestly want to drink.

I'm not going to but I wish that I could. Bummer.

Katie09 02-18-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard (Post 2115101)
...since I could honestly say I wanted to drink.

Tonight, I honestly want to drink.

I'm not going to but I wish that I could. Bummer.

Anything going on you want to talk about?

doorknob 02-18-2009 09:17 PM

Just think about puking...

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wu...smiley-014.gif

TryingSoHard 02-18-2009 09:23 PM

Wouldn't mind talking but I doubt it would do any good. Thanks for asking.

DK - LOL. Thanks for the visual. ;)

Katie09 02-18-2009 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard (Post 2115124)
Wouldn't mind talking but I doubt it would do any good. Thanks for asking.

DK - LOL. Thanks for the visual. ;)

Well, if you change your mind, I'll be up for a while. I am thinking about fried chicken though :), so if I disappear for a bit I might be guilty of going to the store to see if they have any. Then again, maybe just taco bell. Hungry here.

Dee74 02-18-2009 09:55 PM

it's been a rough couple for me too TSH so I empathise - but I don't want to talk about it either, LOL.

The way I see it...all I am - the person I've become - is predicated on me not drinking.

I like the me I am - I love the life I have, and I adore the partner I gained (who's never seen me drunk, and I never want her to).

sometimes - yeah - I'd like to opt out and goof off a little LOL...but it's not gonna happen :)

(((TSH)))

D

nordicwalker 02-18-2009 10:55 PM

Don't you dare!
How would I remember my wifes sober birthday if you do that ?
A disaster for someone like me with the memory of a goldfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N.Walker:a108:

allport 02-19-2009 02:38 AM

I found to my cost last week that I have no real defence against cravings.

I thought I was doing so well because I hadn't even thought about drinking! Doh

Obviously now I realise its no big deal not to drink when you don't want to.

The cravings came from nowhere and I gave in without even thinking about it, I only drank for one night before I came to my senses, so no physical harm done, but plenty of mental harm.

It has taught me that Im lucky not to suffer constant cravings but that I need to have a plan in place for the times they strike.

Well done TSH for doing the sensible thing and posting here and getting it out in the open, a good tip for me next time. x

Eroica 02-19-2009 04:37 AM

Congrats on making it through the night w/o drinking !!!!

yeahgr8 02-19-2009 04:47 AM

Well im coming off the antabuse, it has given me a great 4 months head start and i dont have any cravings at all. It has really helped to reformat my mind to drinking not being an option i would recommend it at any stage.

keep strong everyone:-)

Bamboozle 02-19-2009 04:16 PM

Hey, TSH...how are you doing now? :hug:

TryingSoHard 02-19-2009 08:19 PM

Hi Bam, and thank you for asking.

Yesterday was a tough day. Today was mildly better, but this afternoon I got all depressed and weepy and tonight I had bunco so I was around a bunch of women who were drinking. Last month it didn't bother me, but last month I wasn't wanting to drink. Tonight I realllllllly thought about just grabbing one anyway, especially since the hostess DIDN'T HAVE ANY DIET COKE (the nerve!!! LOL) and I was stuck with Diet Dr. Pepper.

Anyway... :jail but I'm not really feeling any better. I have a couple of theories, but I don't know what to do to "Fix" things.

I do so appreciate you asking. :ghug

Bamboozle 02-20-2009 02:53 PM

Hello, TSH. I've been wanting to drink again lately...I have 70 days sober today and this is the longest I've ever made it.

I can't fix anything that's wrong...

...I got another art magazine in the mail today and I threw it in a pile with the rest. Art is supposed to be my life and I'm not interested. :(

I don't know what to say...but I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Big hugs. :hug:

Mariposa18 02-20-2009 02:55 PM

How are you doing my Sista? :Val004:

Dee74 02-20-2009 02:56 PM

(((TSH))) (((Bam)))

D