Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part III

Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Welcome to the secular side of SR, Eidetic!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

It's funny how when you complain about religious/spiritual dogma, people respond by offering more of it...
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Welcome, Eidetic!

Have you checked out any of these?

Agnostic A.A. Meetings in New York City

Agnostic A.A. Meetings in New York City - Meeting List

LifeRing Home Page

LifeRing F2F Meeting List

Last edited by doorknob; 02-16-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Morning all....well i finally slept for 7 hours straight....didn't get my work done doing that, but....I feel a little less like i will shatter in 2 seconds now

thats why i think of alchoholism as a physical thing not just mental (besides the brain/mind is a part of the physical body too). If I am not taking care of my physical body it effects how my brain functions..which effect my thoughts, which can lead me to the sort of mental stuff that leads me back to a drink as an answer...yeah real logical answer that one lol

it's all so interconnected so i have to watch it on that.

Eidetic, I am an atheist/agnostic (depends on the day) in AA...glad to see you here Yeah, I couldn't relate last night to the idea that people had about god in the meeting...but...what they did because of that believe i could relate to...We have a section below for secular 12 steps worker, but it seems that we all end up hanging out here Just wanted to intro myself
Old 02-17-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I'm so excited. I made it safely out of this HUGE trigger possibility. I am headed back home from my hometown and all my childhood drinking friends.

What makes it extra special -- today is 60 Days C&S.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning all. Just checking in. I made it through a big trigger too on the weekend. A dinner party and I was the only one not drinking. Now I gotta make it through the gym. I am at that point in my gym routine (7 weeks) where I usually lose the motivation. Hopefully I will get past it this time.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Congrats ExNavy and Fubarcdn! Im glad you chose sobriety. Good monring all, was up till 2 last night..woohooo..to much on my mind I guess. I gonna go to the pool today...hang out with my dad. So far not a bad morning......
Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Thanks ... sitting at the St. Louis airport with my mother now. We just stopped at White Castle and had one last batch before heading back to Houston.

The funny thing is that the restaurant was the very same one that 33 years ago my new step-father (her new husband) played a trick on us. He told us we were going out to a fancy restaurant - and for us to get all dressed up. I was only 12 years old.

We pulled up to a 'hamburger" joint and my mom laid into him for tricking us (in a playful way). I was amazed when the man in front of us ordered 200 hamburgers. Then I saw how tiny they were.

It took us both back to a innocent and wonderful time in our life.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hey all! Havent checked in in a while. Well I finally weaned myself off the opiates, and havent done any in 10 days! Plus I havent drank in over a month.

However I think some of my sex addict behavior is re surfacing since I stopped using. Dont want to go into any detail and gross everyone out, so I'll leave it at that. Its not pretty, but I'm trying to work on it. I'm still trying to figure out how to have a healthy attitude about sex.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

...Watched some more videos last night ()...this time it was the first lecture out of a series that Richard Dawkins did back in the early 90's.

Yeah, the videos were geared towards kids, but for a short while I felt awake in my mind again.

I had a good day at work. I was thinking about science and my place in the Universe while at work...and it was good thoughts for a change. It's hard to explain (so I won't try), but for the first time ever I felt my being here made sense and I was okay with the fact that I'm going to die eventually. No negative thoughts...It was the most blissfull feeling of peace about the idea of death that I've EVER experienced (I have a lot of fear when it comes to death...for me and for others..it's something I really don't know how to work on).

For the first time ever I really thought and felt at the same time that this is the only shot I have and I want to make the most of it and I want it to be full of happiness and positive things. The thoughts have been there for the longest time...but that feeling...that's what makes it concrete for me.

Too bad the feeling has passed now ...it was really nice while it lasted. I'm looking forward to it coming back soon and hopefully staying for a while longer. I was almost floating earlier....it was nice being able to see something good that wasn't right in front of my eyes...I haven't been able to do that in quite a long time.

I'm rambling and not making any sense...but what a good day today.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm glad you had a good experience today, Bam.

Brief check in. Will be back later.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Haven't checked in much lately. Here I am. Still off meth and not drinking, which I am extremely happy for. But. Did a little pot last week. This does not worry me so much as it is not a drug I especially like, and certainly have no addiction to it. So mostly I am disappointed that I am trying to get away from drugs in general (especially those pesky Class 1 ten-years-in-prison kind of drugs) but I still did some drugs. And it wasn't really worth it. But since I am focused on meth and alcohol as my drugs of choice I have decided I don't need to restart my time, because those are my addictions, not pot. So I am almost to 7 weeks. Time will tell if I have chosen poorly.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Nothing new to report. Over and out, lol.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

i'm here and melancholy today. i want hope and change to start.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

There a bit 'o a thunderstorm blowing by here...strange.

Hmm...scattered storms all over WV and the eastern part of the US.

What a tease...I want spring to get here NOW!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm kind of here. Went to the dentist today (HUGE deal for me if you don't already know that). I'm still kind of groggy from the pill they gave me but I'm also royally P.O'd because I found out I have to have two more teeth pulled (wisdom teeth). I just had $2k worth of work done in December and I thought that was EVERYTHING. Then today they say nope, these other two really should come out, too. So not only do I get to pay for more stuff, I get to get stressed out and anxious about it all over again because I thought I was DONE.

Sorry, I'll come back when I can be more positive.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Still managing to live CNS fairly well. I was having a bit of anxiety about moving...not so much now. Just about to complete the section 8 ordeal and have the keys as I'm getting ready to move into my new apartment. Other than that my dual-diagnosis treatment is going nicely with the two groups (PTSD and Du-Dia) at Mental Health. There is a lot of sporadic attendance in my groups. Some attend AA, others don't...whatever that means...LOL.

Its so cool to see the secular forum active. Just a reminder tho...as difficult it can be...lets keep off the subject of AA as much as possible and avoid the
Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by zencat View Post

Its so cool to see the secular forum active.
I'd say it's pretty much off da hook!

Just a reminder tho...as difficult it can be...lets keep off the subject of AA as much as possible and avoid the
Yes dear...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

The public library is gonna let me hold a meeting there (long as we don't get out of hand, lol). I'm gonna start this Saturday, but I'm not gonna expect any turnout. That way, if nobody shows up, I won't be disappointed.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
The public library is gonna let me hold a meeting there (long as we don't get out of hand, lol). I'm gonna start this Saturday, but I'm not gonna expect any turnout. That way, if nobody shows up, I won't be disappointed.
Y'all should all show up naked then when the library says WTF? then you can say that's how meetings are held all over the world.

not really.

but it would be funny.