SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part III (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/168992-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-iii.html)

Fubarcdn 02-12-2009 02:29 PM

TSH said------ I got a fountain Diet Coke from Subway the other day and I SWEAR TO GOD it tasted like it had rum in it.

I heard somewhere that Subway is now putting rum in all diet coke in order to maintain their market share in these trying times. :lmao

Just checking in and acting like an idiot as usual. :)

doorknob 02-12-2009 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn (Post 2105662)
I heard somewhere that Subway is now putting rum in all diet coke in order to maintain their market share in these trying times. :lmao

:roflmao

TryingSoHard 02-12-2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by doorknob (Post 2105660)
BTW, I've decided to start my own meeting. :)

OMG, really?! DK, that is so awesome! Congratulations!! When will it start? I wanna hear all about it! :)

TryingSoHard 02-12-2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn (Post 2105662)

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Bamboozle 02-12-2009 02:36 PM

I've been having a lot of mood swings today...and over stupid stuff to the point that I feel really insecure. I got mad over something really really dumb at work and the negative thoughts snowballed from there...I'm getting in a mood again right now and I have ABSOLUTLY NO GOOD REASON to be upset. I don't like this...I hope I'm not entering the twilight zone again. I just ate, so it's not that. I'm going back to work again tonight to pick up some more hours. I do hate that place and don't want to go, but I don't think that's the reason why I'm headed towards a funk.

Laughing hysterically one minute....crying the next. WTF?

Just ranting.

doorknob 02-12-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard (Post 2105669)
OMG, really?! DK, that is so awesome! Congratulations!! When will it start? I wanna hear all about it! :)

I started a thread in the Alcoholism forum. :D

lunarise 02-12-2009 02:56 PM

Checking in...hmm the past few days have been hard...anxiety...worried about taking anxiety meds too often...freakin health issues...huzzy issues...Would like to crawl into a cave and hide for a week or so....a clean cave..with internet and a pool and a nice huge king size bed with a down comforter..Im not asking for to much right?......Seriously though I feel like (insert bad word here), Im all sorts of emotional..feel lonely...hmm am i depressed? :e076:

lunarise 02-12-2009 02:58 PM

Bam~ May this all pass sooner rather than later...I feel your pain today...remember to take care of you:ghug3

Bamboozle 02-12-2009 03:21 PM

Thanks, vivid. :) Take care of yourself, okay? :hug:

Bamboozle 02-12-2009 03:21 PM

I'm off to the hole again...back late at night (my time, anyway). Peace all. :wavey:

Fubarcdn 02-12-2009 03:51 PM

Starting your own group is great DK. There is an SOS group in Toronto but it looks like so far only 2 people go. I haven't joined the group yet but if it gets a bit bigger I will probably give it a go.
Good luck with your group DK. That is quite a big commitment to take on. You should be proud of yourself.

TryingSoHard 02-12-2009 10:11 PM

Alright, it's time for a Bedtime Secular Whine.

My little one is sick. He's had the beginnings of a mild head cold for a couple of days now, but he threw up right after dinner tonight and feels like he might have a low grade fever. BLAH. I'm in the middle of an allergy attack that just won't quit, and my Zyrtec isn't helping AT ALL. I hope I'm not getting whatever he's got. Hub went to his second Al-Anon meeting tonight and things have been *WEIRD* ever since he got home. I asked him if everything was ok and he said yes; I'm not going to push it or pressure him to talk. But something just doesn't *feel right* and I can't shake it. I've got a ton of stuff on my mind, so I'm laying here trying to sleep but can't. I tried to read a book but gave up after I read the same page 4 times and still didn't know what it said. I feel like if I shut the computer down and lay here trying to sleep I'll just burst into tears.

:wtf2

sigh

TryingSoHard 02-12-2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn (Post 2105764)
it looks like so far only 2 people go. I haven't joined the group yet but if it gets a bit bigger I will probably give it a go.

Well now, Fub, what if 10 other people are sitting around saying exactly the same thing? ;) How's the group ever going to get bigger if people won't go?

Silly man... :ghug

Dee74 02-12-2009 10:26 PM

(((tsh)))

D

Bamboozle 02-12-2009 10:59 PM

TSH.......:hug:

stone 02-12-2009 11:26 PM

TSH :hug:

Bamboozle 02-12-2009 11:27 PM

....been up for about 20 hours...I need to go to sleep soon...and I'm getting a second wind. I have to get up in maybe six hours? That's not too bad, but if I can't fall asleep........I know, I'm whining. :)

How long does it take to get on a normal sleep schedule?

stone 02-12-2009 11:34 PM

It varies, Bam. I found that when I can't sleep, sometimes lying down and relaxing can be good. Not as good as sleep but it helps rejuvenate me somewhat. :)

Dee74 02-12-2009 11:39 PM

I don't have normal sleep schedules Bam - that's the good and bad thing about working from home...I run with whatever my body clock says usually :)

Hope you nap some
D

Ananda 02-13-2009 02:34 AM

there is hope bam...I've been off kilter with sleep for a long time now and finally got 8 hours last night!