SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Ahh...safe! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/168295-ahh-safe.html)

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 01:51 PM

Ahh...safe!

I find myself back in the safety of the Secular Forum. I'm not feeling welcome in the Spirituality Forum.

I'm done.

I guess I'll just sit here, twiddle my thumbs, and slobber all over my shirt....................

stone 02-02-2009 01:52 PM

Aww, Bam! :hug:

Dee74 02-02-2009 02:41 PM

Some forums seem better geared to real discussion, rather than round robin pontification yes :05:

welcome back Bam
D

lunarise 02-02-2009 02:52 PM

Well we are glad to have you, stick around, we'll slobber with ya...wait a minute.....slobber? Ok well we will hang with ya anyway. lol :ghug3

allport 02-02-2009 03:07 PM

Im really glad you feel comfortable here Bam, we appreciate you.

I've never been to the Spirituality Forum but if they don't welcome you they must be crazy. lol

TryingSoHard 02-02-2009 03:13 PM

I've never been in that forum either. We're glad to have ya here, Bam!! :ghug

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 03:14 PM

I heart you guys and gals. :)

TryingSoHard 02-02-2009 03:24 PM

Oh yeah?!? Well we <3 you!

LOL

doorknob 02-02-2009 03:31 PM

Doorknob in the Spirituality forum is like a cat at a dog show... :09:

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 03:31 PM

Wow....I'm slow. I was thinking, TSH....... less than three? HUH?

It's a heart! :lmao:

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 03:34 PM

Hey, would you all mind if I started a thread in the Secular section that's an "anything goes" discussion on spirituality? I still find it a fascinating topic...especially considering my background.

I don't know why...I just want to talk about it...and I don't want to worry about stepping on anyone's toes. Apparently I'm good at doing that.

You won't stone me, will you?

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by doorknob (Post 2090653)

Well.....I feel like a turd in a flower garden....except I'm not fertilizing anything.

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 03:51 PM

YouTube - the french castle

I'm feeling random...

spark42 02-02-2009 03:55 PM

I've still not ventured out of the secular connections forum! I might do some lurking... Glad you're here bam, and everyone else! :ghug

I like to think there's no dogma here, just rational discussion... Well mostly anyway! :D

Or maybe it's just a bunch of arrogant self centred infidels moaning about everything... :lmao

doorknob 02-02-2009 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bamboozle (Post 2090657)
You won't stone me, will you?

Stone might... http://www.mazeguy.net/basic/silly.gif

:stooges:

RobbyRobot 02-02-2009 07:34 PM

Wherever our heart is is our home... Yay!!!

whatever works works.

viva la difference!

i enjoy happly tolerating as many differences as i possibly can... one never knows when one may need the differing insights of another... no one person can be everything onto themselves, as we all realize. At the end of the day, we are all the same in a familar manner -- if only because we all have some unique differences one to another -- all the same because we're all different. lol.

:ghug2

RR

Fubarcdn 02-02-2009 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bamboozle (Post 2090476)
I find myself back in the safety of the Secular Forum. I'm not feeling welcome in the Spirituality Forum.

I'm done.

I guess I'll just sit here, twiddle my thumbs, and slobber all over my shirt....................

I know how you feel Bam. Same action over at the newcomers section. Guess there is no meetings tonight. :lmao

desertdonna 02-02-2009 09:44 PM

Hi Bam,

Stopping by to wish you well on your appointment tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and sending my biggest hug.

Spark, I think you should post on some other forums, especially on newcomers. Most there don't do AA at all and give a lot of support to each other. And there's lots of Brits around, most of them getting sober on their own down on the the Trivial Question thread under Daily Newcomer Support. Jump in and say hi anywhere.

Hey Paul, just think your income tax refund will cover the very expensive battery you had to replace. :nana:

Hi Nands, SS, Fubar, TSH, Zen, the list grows.

Back to bam, you've really made outstanding progress in the last couple of months. You might not see it, but I do. Now if you could just ease up on the fast food and junk....you'd fart less and your heart will thank you. :lmao

Good luck tomorrow.

Bamboozle 02-02-2009 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by desertdonna (Post 2091142)
You might not see it, but I do. Now if you could just ease up on the fast food and junk....you'd fart less and your heart will thank you. :lmao

Good luck tomorrow.

:) Thanks. :)

Ah, it's going to be so hard to cut out the fat, sugar, and sodium (I still have an entire bag of Salt 'n Vinegar Kettle chips and some Claussen pickles!). I'm sure he'll/she'll tell me to modify my diet. :)

What will I do to get by, then? :dunno:

(((Letting my crutches go...)))

stone 02-03-2009 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by doorknob (Post 2090653)

I do OK there, I am deep as frig. LOL

Dee74 02-03-2009 04:08 AM

^ :eek13:

D

windysan 02-03-2009 06:52 AM

Spirituality is not for dumb@sses like me. :c009:

Bamboozle 02-07-2009 02:40 PM

I have to get this out after I read something that upset me:

It does not take any amount of "faith" to be agnostic or atheist. Agnostics and atheists rely upon concrete proof for their beliefs or lack of belief in fill-in-the-blank.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Thinking that invisible unicorns and little leprechauns in the 3rd dimension do not exist and that Elvis is dead is not predicated upon faith, but instead upon the presence or absence of observable and testable evidence.

Why are we so misunderstood?

There....maybe I can feel better now and move on. Peace.

doorknob 02-07-2009 02:57 PM

I hear ya, Bam. I only believe in one less god than they do...

Dee74 02-07-2009 03:02 PM

Hope it was nothing I wrote elsewhere that upset you Bam.

My journey is my own - but I try very hard not to impede anyone else's, whatever that may be :)

D

spark42 02-07-2009 03:12 PM

"calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair colour." - don hirschberg

"to say that atheism requires faith is as dim-witted as saying that disbelief in fairies or leprechauns takes faith. Even if einstein himself told me there was an elf on my shoulder, i would still ask for proof, and i wouldn't be wrong to ask." - geoff mather

"he that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dare not reason is a slave." - william drummond

"atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make when in the presence of religious dogma." - sam harris

Bamboozle 02-07-2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 2098176)
Hope it was nothing I wrote elsewhere that upset you Bam.

My journey is my own - but I try very hard not to impede anyone else's, whatever that may be :)

D

Oh, no, Dee. Not you....not even close. :)

I'm trying to let it go now.

Bamboozle 02-07-2009 03:29 PM

Thanks, spark. I needed the chuckle. :)

Dee74 02-07-2009 03:31 PM

good LOL :)

D

Fubarcdn 02-07-2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bamboozle (Post 2098149)
I have to get this out after I read something that upset me:

It does not take any amount of "faith" to be agnostic or atheist. Agnostics and atheists rely upon concrete proof for their beliefs or lack of belief in fill-in-the-blank.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Thinking that invisible unicorns and little leprechauns in the 3rd dimension do not exist and that Elvis is dead is not predicated upon faith, but instead upon the presence or absence of observable and testable evidence.

Why are we so misunderstood?

There....maybe I can feel better now and move on. Peace.

This really upset me. You mean Elvis is dead?:wtf2