Grrrrrrrr

Old 01-26-2009, 03:03 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Bugs, I am sorry, it is obvious you are a woman, what was I thinking. lol

Stone, are you pulling rank on me

Only kidding, I just enjoy a bit of aa bashing sometimes, I agree you can have to much but then I also think you can have too much promotion too (shouldn't that be attraction lol).

I would sometimes like to hear from the 'person' who is attending aa and not just the 'aa person', I hope this makes sense, Ive just woken up.

Im not bashing you Stone, you make me laugh, and what more can a girl ask for on a dreary Monday morning. :ghug3
Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

It still makes me chuckle when i see the bible referred to as "the good book" - that's the book that condones genocide, rape, human sacrifice, slavery, and demeans women isn't it? Hmm.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Stone...it's funny cause I didn't touch this thread till post #35. My life's work is actually helping people retain their independence and dignity in their advancing years but thanks for the inventory. I know aa has been very helpful to you in your sobriety and I say continue what works....I don't have nearly the time here at SR that you do and I will absolutely take your words of advice under consideration.

P.S. I believe there is a ignore feature that you can use if my comments become to repetitive for you.

What works....don't drink or drug....even if your ass is falling off. 20 months and counting...it works for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allport View Post

Only kidding, I just enjoy a bit of aa bashing sometimes, I agree you can have to much but then I also think you can have too much promotion too (shouldn't that be attraction lol).
I bash AA too, there is plenty to bash!

Originally Posted by bugsworth View Post
P.S. I believe there is a ignore feature that you can use if my comments become to repetitive for you.
No need to get huffy. I was teasing you Bugs though it is true that I think you over-do putting the opposing view to AA...I am honestly surpirsed you haven't got tired of it yet.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Not huffy at all Stone....Seems my lack of using smiley faces can be detrimental.

The difference between you and I Stone is that I don't mince words. I say what I mean regardless if I feel people will not "like" me for my views. I have seen you "bash" aa plenty of times...yet you can never pass up an opportunity to discipline me for presenting my views on the subject. You seem to want your cake and eat it to. This is not a criticism just an observation. 34 post came before mine....yet you single me out.

I suppose I will grow tired of trying to extend a hand to those whom have found aa to be unpalatable when there are no hands left. Until then I suppose you will remain surprised.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

The point is not that 34 posts came before yours in this particular thread Bugs, the point is that you always do it and have been doing so for a long time.

But, yea I do it too. The difference between you and me is that sometimes I let an opportunity to do it slide by.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I have never been accused of mincing my words before!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You do it but not all the time....ahhhh now I see why it is ok and not at all hypocritical.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

What is the Big Book? I thought it was the bible until reading above about medical students, lol.

To me the only thing you absolutely must have to quit anything is the will to do it and people to support and help you in doing it. Sure, books can help, but they aren't necessary. Books are unchanging opinions, at least with friends and people such as those here, they can at least take your beliefs and your individual case and adjust their support to help you. A book is a book.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

You do it but not all the time....ahhhh now I see why it is ok and not at all hypocritical.
It is the difference between being a fanatic and not being one.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Anyway, bugs you can do what you like and it wasn't right of me to criticise you, so I apologise.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

LOL...now I am a fanatic? No worries Stone...have a great day.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

LOL...now I am a fanatic? No worries Stone...have a great day.
That's what you get for saying I mince my words! LOL (joke)

You have a nice day too.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Strangef8 View Post
To me the only thing you absolutely must have to quit anything is the will to do it and people to support and help you in doing it. Sure, books can help, but they aren't necessary. Books are unchanging opinions, at least with friends and people such as those here, they can at least take your beliefs and your individual case and adjust their support to help you. A book is a book.
My hip hop side says "word" and my redneck side says "hell yeah"!!!!

Welcome, Strange.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hello, Monday morning!