How do you do a secular 12th step or whatever?

Old 12-18-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

How do you do a secular 12th step or whatever?

I've never done it as an agnostic boneheaded redneck but only when I was doing the 12 step meetings thang. I got a buddy who needs some help and his wife called me. Any advice is appreciated. Keep it simple because y'all know I ain't very bright.

thanks and dang
Old 12-18-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

gosh wendy ....there are as many ways to do that as there are people!

Seriously? You know the drill...I've written about it in the 12 step secular recovery section....I'm not good at simple.

I just believe in things like cause and effect ..skip the god in the 5th...ask that i may get better..not directed at a deity but at my own self I guess...not sure how to be specific...someone else asked me this today, and i guess I'll have to write something out either tomarrow or saturday..need to put some thought in to it....I can pm it to you too if you like.

for now...would it help him just to know that there are agnostics and athiests doing it?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

PM is cool or if you come up with some sort of simple something post it so other idiots like me will have the tool. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Secular 12th Step: STOP IT!

J/K, Windy, I would just talk to him, explain you had an addiction problem and that you were able to overcome it. Listen to what he has to say, and maybe suggest some tools, strategies, and resources. See if he is in need of detox. Other than that, just offer your support...