Blogs

Notices

Spectacular Connections Check-in Part II

Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

hanging in there ok just not motivated to share...didn't want anyone to thing i was pulling a disappearing act :ghug
Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

no vacation time...can't miss work...

closing on selling my house Feb6..must find new one and move in before that time.

dog is sliding down hill...won't make it to the new house i am afraid.

Work is a house of cards...first breath of air it will fall appart.

Oh......this isn't whinners thread is it????
Old 01-12-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Ugh.. ended up taking a few lortabs late last night. Oh well, time to pick myself back up and promise myself I won't use today.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Sorry to hear about your doggie, Ananda.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

The strongest thing I keep in the house is Benadryl...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

So I'm going through the process of getting section 8 housing. Dropped of my paper work (application) at the housing department, went through the interview at the same time. Told I would be getting the voucher in about 3 weeks now. Then I just recently filled out an application for an apartment where my GF lives, gave the landlord a deposit...and boy-o-boy is this stuff stressful. The early move to get an apartment secured is to have a chance to live near my GF. Otherwise I'll wait and see what happens and manage it as it comes... I feel good about my ability to cope with whatever happens, clean-n-sober.

Aside from thinking its best to wait until I have the voucher in hand before I even think about looking for and moving into a new apartment...the prospect of moving from my managed care housing...is weird! But the chance I could live close to my GF is fantastic .
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Checking in....still sober....

sorta grumpy

sortin through some stuff in my head

hope everyone else is well :ghug
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

The other day I was at the gas station where my car died. They friggin' sell car batteries...

:brick
Old 01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

dk or anyone who is on meds..your expereince please...I forgot to fill my perscription...been off my meds for anxiety/depression for 5 days....just started back up...never happened before...

so I feel horid..like the whole world is falling in...is that normal after 5 days off and how long to get back to normal.....surly not 2-4 weeks like when i first startted right...

no medical advise..just your expereince with the drugs that build up over time.

Thx.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Usually if I miss a few doses, any change in how I feel would be delayed by a week or so. I dunno... the effect of Prozac is pretty subtle for me. Sometimes I'm not sure if it is even doing anything, alteast for my OCD symptoms. Are you sure you're not psyching yourself out, Ananda? Anyhow, I wouldn't think it would take as long to build up as when you first started taking it.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
Was it your battery that made your car die?
Yeah, low voltage was the reason the car wouldn't run. I didn't think it was the battery, because it didn't stop cranking the engine until after many attempts to restart the car and I wasn't able to get it started with a jump... so I went a week without my car, paid to have it towed and diagnosed, all for a battery I could have bought on the premises and put in myself. I am so enjoying my $300 battery...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

guess i'de like to think i will feel less overwhelmed, out of controll and genrerally terible in a few days...yeah..this may just be where i'm gonna be for a while
Old 01-13-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

ananda.....

This is Bamboozle checking in. *click*
Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Ananda

I went about a week without my depression meds. On about the third day without them I was feeling very anxious, jittery, short tempered and easily frustrated. My sleep patterns were way off too.

After I gotten a refill and was back on my regular dose I remember being back on track within a few days.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

thanks zencat (supper big hug) I'm back on now and i feel some improvment today probably cause with my nighttime sleep med i actually got real sleep last night for the first time if 4 days.

Its odd, cause i still have the same problems and issues to deal with, it's just that without the medication those issues get twisted into some sorta crazy undealable overwhelming ....ahhhhhhh

Today they seem more just like the issues I have to deal with...less anxious and less of that "I'm henny penny and the sky is falling in" sorta mind set
Old 01-14-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Glad you're feeling better, Ananda.

Up early as usual... my treatment session yesterday went really well. The redundant paperwork and testing was tedious, but talking to the counselor there was great. We really didn't clash at all. If fact he showed interest in other venues of recovery, looked at and bookmarked websites (including SR), and said he would probably be "picking my brain", lol.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Today they seem more just like the issues I have to deal with...less anxious and less of that "I'm henny penny and the sky is falling in" sorta mind set
I get it. Medication lessens the anxiety and depression symptoms so I can concentrate on working through problems. Otherwise my though process are a jumble of entangled emotions and thoughts.

DK - Glad your therapist is a good match for you.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Today is day 15 this time around and I'm feeling good. The week went by fast and I've been keeping up with my journaling, reading and meditation practice. I haven't gotten out of my apartment much other than going to work because it's been so freaking cold outside, but it's supposed to warm up starting tomorrow, so I will have to get out, walk around and get a little outdoor exercise.

Today I'm grateful for 15 days sober. I'm grateful for my calm, optimistic outlook. And I'm grateful for Soberrecovery.com and all you wonderful SR people.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

All right Anthony, is cool!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

checking in....bought the new house....things are sorta strange and mom is coming to visit and help this weekend...hope to pop in some though