Spectacular Connections Check-in Part II

Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

fubar...your gym comes with scenery????????

hey...where is sparkey ????

come on guys...gotta all check in everyday...

:ghug
Old 01-23-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
fubar...your gym comes with scenery???????
Scenery = beautiful people

Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm here...

...my soup sucks.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

Hey all, hope you're well?

Still here and doing ok - gradually building the positivity back up after the recent knocks, life is a bit more complicated but perhaps it's time life got a bit more complicated anyway (must be a message from the celestial teapot!).
Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm here.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Resident

Seeing as nobody has officially checked in here today I will be the first good morning friends or I should say good afternoon. For me it is just another day of doing what I have been doing-posting. Isn't life great.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I guess I could check in, too. I finally caught malady du jour going around here. Ugh. I want to go back to bed now.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

i'm definately feeling a little lost today....DK...you still around???

I guess i'm gonna take a nap, i can't even motivate myself to catch up on any of my threads or give much of a sht about anyone....

Hope this passes soon.

Sorry guys...just feeling stuck

:ghug
Old 01-25-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, ananda.

Winter doesn't help...it's cold and gray out...it's depressing on top of depression.

My vegetarian soup that sucks is sitting in the freezer right now. I was trying to be healthy and I've been wanting to incorporate some 'no meat' dishes into my diet, but I think the only thing that can save it is some greasy meat chunks. Am I ever going to give up my food crutch?

I ordered a pizza because I was too lazy to cook...I have no motivation whatsoever and I've been like this for a while. I don't know what to do about apathy...this means I might be headed for a bad depression spell and a relapse...I don't know what to do. This has happened before...and everyone else around me still drinks and there's always booze in the house and I'm going to go nuts soon. I've been eating loads of sugar lately to compensate for the lack of booze. Argh...

What a great, boring, sober life. This blows.

I hope everyone else is doing better.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hey nands... what's gotcha today? How can I help?

I've got a lot of downer stuff going on around me and I'm trying really hard to focus on the good instead. It's not easy. And it's cold today.

Currently I'm sitting here filling out birthday party invitations for my baby. He will be 6 in just over 2 weeks; his party will be 2 weeks from today. Makes me happy and sad all at the same time! He is absolutely the light of my life, though. I've never met anyone quite like him before. He is the most positive, funny, caring, full-spirited being I have ever known. I can't believe I helped create him.

Bam, no way in HECK could I EVER give up meat! LOL Just ain't gonna happen! More power to you on that one. Your soup can't be THAT bad... I'm not a big vegetarian cook (obviously!) but I AM a good cook. Maybe we can figure out how to make your next batch better??
Old 01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I'm still here.. got computer problems, one working out of 3.. and the working machine, one I just bought for backup (good thing I did) has some issues as well...

Got up too late to go to the one meeting that is tolerable.. so I'm just being a bum as usual...

Oh, and I'm in a battle with a wild cat that is dead set on living under our trailer. I borrowed a drill from a neighbor and screwed some boards over the holes in our tore up skirting...

Gf's off to work, so it's just me and the animals...
Old 01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Resident

I just came to check in and am sorry to see everyone isn't feeling up to par today.

I only have a small suggestion that may make things better.

DK catch that cat, skin it and send it over to Bam to put in her soup.

Take care and as the saying goes this too shall pass.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
DK catch that cat, skin it and send it over to Bam to put in his soup.

Bam's a female... but that was funny right therre.. I don't care who ya are...
Old 01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Resident

I said her. Are your eyes playing tricks on you and the quote program.

I was just going to edit it so you would do a double take but you outfoxed me by using the quote thing.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Lol
Old 01-25-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Bam, no way in HECK could I EVER give up meat! LOL Just ain't gonna happen! More power to you on that one. Your soup can't be THAT bad... I'm not a big vegetarian cook (obviously!) but I AM a good cook. Maybe we can figure out how to make your next batch better??

Oh, no...I don't think I can give up meat...

...I just need to cut down...my cholesteral is a tad high.

I used vegetable stock...that was my first mistake. I should have dumped it out and used chicken instead...the vegetable stuff smelled a little rotten (and it was sweet).

Shoot, the thing that I do the best is steak. Maybe I could try grilling portabella mushrooms as a substitute for burgers?

I've been lazy lately and failing at soup makes me want to get take-out...cooking requires too much effort right now. I'm so lazy...how do I motivate myself?

I'm not excited about anything, and my doctor hasn't called back yet, and that probably means that no cardiologist wants to see my sorry @ss, so I'll just sit and wait for something bad to happen before anyone does anything about it...unless I end up dead. Yippy skippy.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Wow, I guess its late to be checking in but here I am...YEAH! Hey Bam I am not much of a soup maker but I went veggie for a year so let me know if you need some ideas about GOOD tasting meat alternatives. Im off that wagon now cause the pork chops were calling....ha Huzzy was in a foul mood so I went to my dads and got my but wooped at cards. When I got home things were more pleasant. I watched "When a man loves a woman" That movie makes me cry every time. Feeling less fuzzy headed these past few days...tomorrow is day 14, 2 weeks, WOW. I almost cant believe it. The cool thing is that now when I think about how I was drinking 6-9 beers a night it almost makes me physically ill. YUCK! I think thats a fabulous sign. Well on and on....Back to reading other inspirational posts....
Old 01-26-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
sentient puddle

Checking in... About to go for a job centre meeting, about coming off of incapacity benefit and going onto jobseekers allowance... Still worried they're going to make me take some horrible job and force me to give up my (almost completed) electrician course... Probably nothing to worry about, we're in recession after all!

Trying to go with a positive frame of mind... Drink urges are quite strong but i know it's not worth it! All it'll do is make things worse - that's all it has done for the last few years at least!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

wow...i just thanked every post but barley skimmed them. Thanks everyone for being here for me. god...what if the stupid hotel doesn't have internet????? I think i would go crazy.

thxy for keeping an eye on me sparkey...don't give up on me or on your own sobriety...

I'm just going through a rough patch....all the house stuff, analizing what i reall ywant out of life per my shrinks direction while in the midst of major life desicions...i think i rushed into things too quickly....

I'l get there, but now I've only 5 minites to get ready for work and i haven't done anything yet but get out of bed.

I do care about all of you, but haven't time to respond as I need my job

just hang in there together and we will all be fine i don't believe in god, but i do believe that sober is a we thing. :ghug
Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I was supposed to go for an interview at the job centre today Spark but I cancelled it, f*ck them, Im on the sick for depression, Ive been stressing about it for weeks and I finally got the nerve up to explain my situation.

They were surprisingly good about it, I just have to go and see my doctor, which I was going to do anyway.

Hope your interview goes ok and you are so right drinking will only make everything worse.

Let us know how it goes. x