SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Help Secular People! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/156486-help-secular-people.html)

shockozulu 09-16-2008 11:29 AM

I had a dear friend who was Unitarian. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the church is a combination of spiritual and humanistic teachings?

Bamboozle 09-25-2008 07:43 PM

Ahh...I am now entering the safe zone...

Hello, everyone. Read another frustrating post and decided to post here instead. I really want to post something over there, but I'll refrain...no good will come of it anyway. I'm not really looking for any responses...I just needed to get this out of my system...my silent scream.

Thank you everyone for being here. :)

Ananda 09-25-2008 09:35 PM

Awwww sorry Bam....it happens and it is often best to simply remove yourself from the discussion.

I'm not always sucessful, but I try to just post my esh once and then move on if the thread is upseting me. But sometimes i screw that up!

doorknob 01-22-2009 06:10 AM

Some posts... :headbange

Ananda 01-22-2009 06:24 AM

(hug) DK....deeeeeep breaths........and relax.....

take a time out .... look for the humor.....

PM me and whine....

oh and quit banging your head against the wall.....your bleeding everywhere!

Fubarcdn 01-22-2009 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bamboozle (Post 1923191)

Hello, everyone. Read another frustrating post and decided to post here instead. I really want to post something over there, but I'll refrain...no good will come of it anyway. I'm not really looking for any responses...I just needed to get this out of my system...my silent scream.

I feel exactly the same way. I don't come over here as often as I should but I am glad this place is here.

spark42 01-22-2009 11:35 AM

I assume this is regarding other sub forums? (fora?)

i'm blissfully ignorant...! I only check "secular connections" and "secular 12 step"... I hear enough hp mumbo jumbo elsewhere! ;)

this is my secular sober refuge... So glad this place is here...

;) = tongue in cheek / no offence meant :)

allport 01-22-2009 02:10 PM

Spark sometimes its fun to venture out, it can be amazingly annoying too, but there are some good people on the other threads.

Just read a few of their posts and you can tell where they stand, but even god botherers have valuable experience.

Just go la la la over the really strange bits.

Fubarcdn 01-22-2009 02:28 PM

Hello, my name is Katie, and I am addicted to debating with god-people even though it does nothing but p!ss both of us off.

I read through this whole thread which goes back to the beginning of time. It made for a good read and the above line was bang on and real funny. What does HP mean anyways? Horsepoop? :lmao

spark42 01-22-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by doorknob (Post 2073779)
Some posts... :headbange

pm me mate, i'm interested :)

TryingSoHard 01-22-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bamboozle (Post 1923191)

I am SO there right now.

(Side note: looks like I've been missing all the fun over here!! Dangit!)

Ananda 01-22-2009 07:43 PM

THC!!!!!! ah i'm so glad you found us (hug)

we have been missing eachother lately.

hope to see more of you.:Val004:

TryingSoHard 01-22-2009 08:54 PM

:Val004: Right back atcha, nands!

doorknob 01-22-2009 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ananda (Post 2074842)
THC!!!!!!

:lmao:

stone 01-22-2009 10:24 PM

THC, lol...Nands does it again! :lmao

I was thinking today that higher power to me is just like a higher self..the self I would rather be, a bit like in the cartoons where the guy has an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other...when I try to do the right thing I am happier and therefore less need to want to drink.
We all know "the right thing" to do without having to apply logical thought to it, the part of me that knows is my higher self.

Just waffling here, I am on a greasy food high. LOL

TryingSoHard 01-23-2009 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by ananda (Post 2074842)
THC!!!!!!

I know!! She's a total mess! :lmao I love it, though. Wouldn't have her any other way!!!!

:ghug3

TryingSoHard 01-23-2009 07:09 AM

BTW if one more person tells me to find god and work the steps when I have a bad day, I think I might just freaking lose it.

allport 01-23-2009 07:12 AM

Do you have a sponsor?

Are you working the program? :praying

Ha Ha :lmao

stone 01-23-2009 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard (Post 2075330)
BTW if one more person tells me to find god and work the steps when I have a bad day, I think I might just freaking lose it.

Pray for them. :05:

TryingSoHard 01-23-2009 07:14 AM

That really did make me LOL.

:c011: