Help Secular People!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
Haha, hey I started that thread...like 4 months ago. I hardly ever post.

Thanks, guess I'll go and post and follow up in it.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

*SMACK*

I just hit myself in the forehead...

This time the thread wasn't about an HP...but it was, in my opinion, a baited thread (about AA). I did not post there. Yea for me! I still felt it was necessary to smack myself, though...

I found it interesting to read that thread...and I found myself getting upset for one of the SR members...but no worries. I'm okay now. I hope you are okay, too.

I remembered this thread and I vow to post here instead of posting at any baited thread I may encounter in the future. Big hugs to everyone. :ghug
Old 09-08-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Look at bamboozle, leading by example!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thanks, SelfSeeking...

I'm trying to control my anger. I have issues, and this one touches too closely. Three years ago I would have posted something nasty enough to get banned. I have to tell myself that there are people who enjoy nothing more than getting a negative reaction. It's hard for me to resist saying something...that's why I come here when I need to. I find peace at this place. Thank you, everyone.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I've been though this a few times here at SR (and in real life) and I dealt with it so much better (emotionally) this time. It really helps knowing that I'm not alone. Thanks for being here!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I almost posted to that thread again but I didn't!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I think I've done well at not posting more than one comment in threads like that...but today I broke my rule....I actually feel ok about that. If I did it all the time, I'll have to rethink...but today it just made me feel good to stay in it a while and express myself.

Unfortunately while I was busy getting wrapped into this crazy thread.....i found out a newcomer came to the site, posted, adn had almost no responses...and left.

That made me sad for all of us
Old 09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Unfortunately while I was busy getting wrapped into this crazy thread.....i found out a newcomer came to the site, posted, adn had almost no responses...and left.

Who was it? I hope they returned...
Old 09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

well..it was wearysoul...and there are some responses on the post she did to womans threads. I just think I wish I had been paying attention to that instead of wrapped up in my brain stuff.....I'm sure she'll come back cause she wasn't here for very long...so probably wouldn't have gotten a response in time anyways.

Thanks for caring DK...we all do the best we can...just you know
Old 09-09-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post

Thanks for the wakeup call, ananda. It helped remind me of why I joined this forum in the first place- to give and receive support to other people in recovery. There are plenty of places in the internet to squabble over religion and politics and what have you.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm afraid my frustration is getting the best of me now. I'm glad you said that just now selfseeking...once again I need to refocus...how quickly I can slide back into the frey!

Thanks.:ghug3
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Argh! Finally, a good thread to post at and now it's been hijacked by a FLAMER! I need a cigarette...

I'm tired of this...I come to SR for support...I don't come here to have my recovery methods crapped upon.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

just one just one....it may not go out of control!

You know to stay not just sober but sober and content I have had to learn to let go of the occational stuff that offends me. just let em wirl....not necessarily always...but sometimes not letting it ruin the rest of teh thread....there may still be many good and helpful comments in the thread.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Honestly.. I think it's !@#%in' hilarious. Does anybody else see the humor or am I just a sick-o?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

when i am in a "good" space...comfortable...i find it very humorouis...the problem is when I am hurting and in need...then I just freaks me out and makes it harder to keep focused on the good stuff that might help me....you know!

If i'm hurting, then what i see is that pjeople are gonna jump on me while i'm vunerable and try to push me around to their way of thinking. Sometimes even when that isn't whats going around.

So i think it's good to have this place to come to and maybe be vunderable without hving to worry about getting alot of answers that aren't going to be helpful for where I am at in my sobriety.

Just thinking out loud....
Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I have tried to run it off at the pass and bring it back to the OP.
*hugs*
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks selfseeking...nice post...i may try reading that book!:ghug3
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Thanks, SS. My post was probably over the top... but, sheesh, that thread couldn't have been more clearly marked as off limits.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I think that almost everyone on SR is tryig to be respectful....but sometimes we all screw up and a few people in a group are usually still struggling a lot and just don't get it yet.....I'm trying to just incourage the benificial stuff and nt feed into the less helpful stuff. Lost it a few days ago and I don't think it helped but rather made things worse...but then we all are human too...

Thanks you guys for being here for me!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well, I'm also reading that book that was mentioned either on this thread or another secular one, 12 steps on Buddha's path. In the context of looking at things through a compassionate lens, I think a lot of BB thumpers really feel they've found the Way, and they want everybody to be on it. Like you, ananda, there are days when it rolls right off my back, and other days when it feels like I'm being spit on or something. Feeling spit upon is NOT a great way to lure people to your the Way!

DK, I don't think your response was over the top... that was straight-up troll behavior.

Last edited by SelfSeeking; 09-11-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: confusing sentence.