Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

Why does secular recovery bring out the animal in some?

Why does secular recovery bring out the animal in some?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
ask questions all you like Toad
Here are my questions, I did not get any answers.

I would enjoy hearing more about the experience, strenght, and hope, of those who are involved in secular recovery and how they do it.

I would like to hear about the numbers of people who attend meetings (if meeting are attended). Are there just a few, maybe 50, or a hundred or more, that kind of numbers.

I am curious about fellowship. BBQ's, dances, etc.

I am curious about the books that might be read.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toad View Post
There hasn't been anything posted on this thread in over 4 days and here you are stirring it up again..........We have a saying in AA, share this with me, "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting."

Maybe you need a warning yourself, don't you know that the more you stir it the more it stinks.........said in love.

I love you and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

If I am cruious about secular recovery do I not have the right to post here and ask questions?.......toad
Frankly, I'd post more often in this forum if I could do so without having to deal with those who clearly shouldn't be posting here.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Here are my questions, I did not get any answers.

I would enjoy hearing more about the experience, strenght, and hope, of those who are involved in secular recovery and how they do it.

I would like to hear about the numbers of people who attend meetings (if meeting are attended). Are there just a few, maybe 50, or a hundred or more, that kind of numbers.

I am curious about fellowship. BBQ's, dances, etc.

I am curious about the books that might be read.
You're not looking very hard. There's a thread devoted to what people do to assist their recovery right here in secular connections.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

This thread seems doomed.

Toad, I went back to the original post. I'm not sure what the "question" was.
They had to close a thread.......what does that tell you?

"Love and tolerance is our code."

Really, does it matter how I got sober? How does it effect your sobriety?

It doesn't matter where you post or what meeting you go to or don't go to....How ever you get/got sober is YOUR business. No matter where you post on SR personally, I'm only interested in hearing your experiences. Not your judgment of other people's experiences. I find the bickering and "my way is better than your way" thoughts tiresome and so counterproductive. It wears me out. But then, that's just my opinion, it might be wrong.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The first meeting I attend in 1974 also did nothing for me. As a matter of fact it took twenty-five more years before I got a one year chip.
I pulled this quote from one of Toad's posts from another secular thread and I think we can pretty much take his posts with a grain of salt. Focusing on others is a sure way to divert attention away from one's own recovery. Self-Righteous indignation is what I am seeing here.

Can the monitors please ban people who continue to stir things up in a thread that has absolutely nothing in common with their own recovery? This person clearly has an agenda to be disruptive and I would hope that you will take a stance on this.